• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: NISA to Omit Recap Episode From Kimi no Todoke Vol. 2

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machetecat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:04 am Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad NIS... you're so honest in your apology. I totes forgive you.

....and since we're on the subject of DVDs.... when does season 1 of Natsume come out? *_____*
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:08 am Reply with quote
Not a big deal. The chibi old men discussing Sawako's life was cute, but ultimately forgettable. It's no big deal if a recap is missing. I probably would've skipped it on my rewatch anyways.
Razzuel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 am Reply with quote
Even if it is a recap episode, it still irks me that we won't be getting it.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:17 am Reply with quote
I am, surprisingly, not upset about that too much. The little men are worth a little chuckle, then the rest of that episode is worthless. I wonder if episode 0 of season 2 (The Kurumi recap) was included in their license though. When the new season premiered with that one I was kind of upset, not only was it a recap but a recap of things that were covered in the previous recap, but on a recent rewatch of the two series I found it to be interesting take on events, almost exclusively from Kurumi's viewpoint, and it had slightly more original content.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:18 am Reply with quote
I'm not interested in this series, but nevertheless admire the openness and honesty of NISA's statement. Sometimes companies seem to be reluctant to make this information clear or only reveal it in slightly out-of-the-way places. This is relatively direct and convenient.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:27 am Reply with quote
I wish the Wolf's Rain DVDs had skipped the four recap episodes in a row.

I am perfectly happy with the omission the recap episode. It added nothing and the bits that were original were badly drawn.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:28 am Reply with quote
[quote="Surrender Artist"]I'm not interested in this series, but nevertheless admire the openness and honesty of NISA's statement. Sometimes companies seem to be reluctant to make this information clear or only reveal it in slightly out-of-the-way places. This is relatively direct and convenient.[/quote

Agreed. Though, when it comes to things that the anime did that the manga couldn't that I liked... the little old men take the cake. I will miss them very much. ):
Scormio

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:44 am Reply with quote
Not to miffed by this, I skipped it when I watched it the first time anyway.

I do hope they put in episode 0 of Season 2 that, as that was actually interesting listening to Kurumi narrate the events of season 1 from her point of view.
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote
"OMG U GUYZ DIS IZNT TEH COMPLEAT VERZION!!! >:O LETZ PIRAT INSTEAD BECUZ WE'RE TRU FANZ 4EVAR!-desu <3 <3 <3 ^^ "

All horribly offensive imitations of real-life fans I've encountered aside, this doesn't bother me one bit. Honestly, only a few recap episodes I've ever seen are really worth watching. The ones in "Evangelion" were pretty good, of course, but that's only because they actually expanded upon the plot while re-familiarizing viewers with previous episodes and battles. Most recap episodes I skip anyway, and it seems from my experience that it's not an uncommon practice to do so. It seems redundant to have them if you're not watching it staggered out on TV. More companies should practice this, and maybe just include the recaps on a bonus Special Features disc or something. They really break the flow of DVD released anime, especially in short series.
DragonKnight76

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:51 am Reply with quote
Seems the only ones who don't mind it missing are the ones who have seen it.

I'm disappointed as a fan that I won't have the entire series and I won't be able to mark it as "complete" on MAL but as others mentioned it was very classy of NISA to offer an apology. I hope in the future NISA will include even the mere "recaps" for those of us who, if for no other reason, want to have it just so we can say we have it.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:08 am Reply with quote
It's so great to see this kind of honesty and sincerity from an anime company.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:13 am Reply with quote
most people don't care because they are not buying it anyway. lol
Animerican14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:16 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I wish the Wolf's Rain DVDs had skipped the four recap episodes in a row.

Hah, for some reason, while I was in the middle of buying singles, I asked for the DVD with the recap episodes as a birthday present. Boy, that sure became the least touched media item I've ever received. Still, at least the DVD cover art was pretty as usual, and should I ever become this megaton collector in the future, I can look back and feel some pride at 100% completing a technically 30 episode series comprised of DVD singles, no matter how utterly pointless some episodes were. SO HARDCORE.

Last edited by Animerican14 on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kikin0083

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:17 am Reply with quote
Thank you for your honesty NISA, i love this series so much and cant wait for the second part. And to be honest i cant stand recap episodes so im glad your not including it, if it doesnt have new footage, then dotn bother, unlike X-tv series that was plagued with recaps and I like how you give us your reason, unlike Bandai with a certain episode from the original Mobile Suit Gundam
lem

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:08 am Reply with quote
began my enjoyment of this story with the black -n- white, silent version Very Happy (only have 12 to date) so it was a treat to finally experience some of it in color and hear the characters. Icing on the cake was the music and the quality of the release, both of which just exceeded all of my expectations. April can't get here fast enough for Vol 2! It's cool that they let fans know of any omission. Much appreciated NISA.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3