• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Walk This World

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryujin99

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 5:53 am Reply with quote
So... Atelier Meruru and more Neptunia on the way... no complaints here. Very Happy

Actually pre-ordered Meruru, so I'm really looking forward to that one. Also can't wait to see just how long it takes NISA to release the next Neptunia game? As I recall, Mk. 2 came out less than a year after the Japanese version.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:03 am Reply with quote
God damn Heart is hot. Too bad I won't be able to buy Neptunia V, since it'll probably be rated M.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 6:54 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
God damn Heart is hot. Too bad I won't be able to buy Neptunia V, since it'll probably be rated M.

But you can get Soul Sacrifice instead if you're 15! Laughing

Confused

Rolling Eyes
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:16 am Reply with quote
Are you making fun of America's wierd lenience towards violence but pathological phobia of sexual themes?
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:44 am Reply with quote
Mirror of Fate: Was interested up until hearing "Lords of Shadow team." God, that game was so bland and derivative it was painful. Then again, Konami has long been the poster-child for being a self-loathing, self-xenophobic has-been studio for years now.

Star Fox x Metroid: Probably not true; Retro's involvement sounds like someone who doesn't get that Retro doesn't do Metroid anymore. Plus how the gameplay was described didn't sound so much like a crossover as it did two different games that were on the same disc due to lack of interaction between Fox and Samus. If you wanted to do this just have the ground stages be Other M-esque and let Fox and Samus interact with each having different abilities.

EX Troopers: Huh, Lost Planet actually got a personality for a change. Heck, it even looks like it plays better than Lost Planet did.

Soul Sacrifice: It involves that hack Inafune. Passing with a fiery passion.

Last edited by AiddonValentine on Wed May 23, 2012 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
naninanino

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:49 am Reply with quote
Ah yes, the final Arland game. I've been playing the prequels recently and will definitely be getting this game. Too bad it had to turn Rorona into a child. Well, although the real reasons for that are obvious, it's not like it doesn't fit in the game. That's what you get for playing around with alchemy.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:17 am Reply with quote
Meruru is 49.99, not 59.99. The special edition is 64.99, though.

naninanino wrote:
Ah yes, the final Arland game. I've been playing the prequels recently and will definitely be getting this game. Too bad it had to turn Rorona into a child. Well, although the real reasons for that are obvious, it's not like it doesn't fit in the game. That's what you get for playing around with alchemy.

I can't ever complain about adding the token loli. Sometimes sacrifices must be made.

Last edited by RyanSaotome on Wed May 23, 2012 8:18 am; edited 1 time in total
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:17 am Reply with quote
naninanino wrote:

We were denied of an adult, sexy-cute looking Rorona! Crying or Very sad

She could have been good looking like Esty or some of the other adults!
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:19 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
naninanino wrote:

We were denied of an adult, sexy-cute looking Rorona! Crying or Very sad

She could have been good looking like Esty or some of the other adults!

Yeah but over 18 = no thanks for otaku
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:45 am Reply with quote
I'll never understand some fans' adoration for the Neptunia games. I adore RPGs, and I've suffered through some pretty bad gameplay in my time to get through a good story, but playing the first game in that series felt like my skull was being crushed. The gameplay is broken, the music was terrible, the story was paper-thin.... the whole thing really seemed like an excuse to pander to the lowest common denominator of otaku by throwing in inane references, cutesy moe tropes, and a plethora of brain-numbing fan service. But hey, it gives money to NIS so they can bring over some games that I like, so more power to the fans. ;D
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:58 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
I'll never understand some fans' adoration for the Neptunia games. I adore RPGs, and I've suffered through some pretty bad gameplay in my time to get through a good story, but playing the first game in that series felt like my skull was being crushed. The gameplay is broken, the music was terrible, the story was paper-thin.... the whole thing really seemed like an excuse to pander to the lowest common denominator of otaku by throwing in inane references, cutesy moe tropes, and a plethora of brain-numbing fan service. But hey, it gives money to NIS so they can bring over some games that I like, so more power to the fans. ;D

I won't lie, the main reason I like it is because it has some of the best (if not the best) female character design I have ever seen. I adore almost every character, and its got a pretty big cast of seiyuu too. The 2nd game gets even better to the point where theres a character for like every single taste, and the gameplay actually isn't bad now.

But yeah, Neptunia is more of an otaku thing. If you don't like slice of life, moe and fanservice anime, you won't like Neptunia. But for me, the cute girls is what drives it. And in America, we barely get any of that stuff localized so when we do, fans of it need to support it as much as we can so more of it will come out here.
Haterater

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote
Promps for Sega to translate Monster World IV. I welcome more companies to go back and translate their oldies, especially 2D.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:11 am Reply with quote
Apollo-kun wrote:
I'll never understand some fans' adoration for the Neptunia games. I adore RPGs, and I've suffered through some pretty bad gameplay in my time to get through a good story, but playing the first game in that series felt like my skull was being crushed. The gameplay is broken, the music was terrible, the story was paper-thin.... the whole thing really seemed like an excuse to pander to the lowest common denominator of otaku by throwing in inane references, cutesy moe tropes, and a plethora of brain-numbing fan service.
Yeah, pretty much. There's two ways to look at games. You can either say "I don't want games that have broken parts," or you can say "I want games that have parts I like, and I'm willing to tolerate broken parts to get to them." For whatever reason, it feels like Japanese gamemakers tend to target the second group, while American gamemakers target the first one.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Are you making fun of America's wierd lenience towards violence but pathological phobia of sexual themes?

It will be a year before it's fully translated and released for retail at gamestop/online by then you can buy it legally since M games are for 17+ not eighteen bro.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 11:07 am Reply with quote
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

It will be a year before it's fully translated and released for retail at gamestop/online by then you can buy it legally since M games are for 17+ not eighteen bro.

Oh yeah, forgot about that.

Sweet. Anytime I can hear Laura Bailey (Neptune) and Christina Vee (Compa...wait, is she even in this game?) is a good time. Plus the gameplay has supposedly gotten a lot better fromthe first.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3