• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: More on Viz / Tokyopop German Partnership

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
championferret

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean Ichigo 100% is EVER going to get released in english?
slickwataris

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:55 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:

I knew someone would say that.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
milcor1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:06 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:

Lets hope not.
apple pro

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:27 pm Reply with quote
obiviously yes

and probably imminently! w00t!
darkhunter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:00 pm Reply with quote
championferret wrote:

Hopefully not, we don't need any more of these overrated silly harem romance series
RabbitRevolution

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Well hopefully this does mean that Viz will release the Maria-sama manga here in North America soon. *Crosses fingers* Then the anime might stand a better chance of being licensed as well Anime smile
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:06 am Reply with quote
Ichigo isnt a harem series, but it's a romantic comedy, and its about high time people stopped dissing it. Sure, it's cliche and full of pointless fanservice, but it has wonderful characters that seem FAR more real than the other trash that DOES get licensed. And the artwork is beautiful, of course. Too bad the anime sucked major, MAJOR ass.
Fuhrer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:25 am Reply with quote
RabbitRevolution wrote:
Well hopefully this does mean that Viz will release the Maria-sama manga here in North America soon. *Crosses fingers* Then the anime might stand a better chance of being licensed as well Anime smile

Those are my thoughts exactly.

*Crosses fingers for english MariMite Manga* Very Happy
milcor1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:39 am Reply with quote
championferret wrote:
Ichigo isnt a harem series, but it's a romantic comedy, and its about high time people stopped dissing it. Sure, it's cliche and full of pointless fanservice, but it has wonderful characters that seem FAR more real than the other trash that DOES get licensed. And the artwork is beautiful, of course. Too bad the anime sucked major, MAJOR ass.

Oh of course, who could forget such memorable characters like shy girl, overly excited girl, big boob girl, childhood friend girl, popular girl, and an assortment of other one dimensional characters.
championferret

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:57 am Reply with quote
What I meant was their emotions seem to be alot more real than alot of other harem characters. Except of course Satsuki, who pisses me off to no end. But I do feel for the girls in that series, and being a girl myself I can actually relate to them.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:28 am Reply with quote
While Ichigo 100% is far from original or unique, it is pretty good in execution. I'd like to see the manga released in the U.S.

I'd also like to see MariMite in the U.S.
barbapapa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:06 am Reply with quote
I stand by saying, why read Ichigo 100% when you have I''s... its just a downgrade... and I think the artwork is hideous
darkhunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:34 am Reply with quote
championferret wrote:

What other trash are you taking about? Let me guess, you're also a fan of school rumble?

For a better more down to earth romance/comedy/fanservice/entertaining, try Flower and Bee, maison ikkoku or Dance Till Tomorrow instead, but then again comparing a seinen manga to a shonen manga is a bit unfair. This title seem overhype when it started getting circulated around the internet due to everyone loving I's at the time. Except I's is a lot better and has better character. And when you read a lot of the better stuff out there, Ichigo is your average romance manga at best.

It's interesting that Viz would let TP handle their title in German. Now if only Gutsoon would let other companies handle their release. Wink
apple pro

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:13 am Reply with quote
barbapapa wrote:
I stand by saying, why read Ichigo 100% when you have I''s... its just a downgrade... and I think the artwork is hideous

I can't help you with the artwork — that's opinion

but

There are harem manga fans out there that can recognize good from bad.

I's in my opinion is "real" in that it's written to simulate life but the fake emotion is so overdone it's so friggin' annoying. I read 10 volumes of sort of being mildly entertained and after something major happens, I can feel some stupid misunderstanding destroying the entire first 10 volumes being foreshadowed. If they would just have a somewhat real conversation the entire mes would be cleared up. instead it's stupid BS time and the mangaka uses his time tested method of sprinking teenage angst instead of building a real plot.

A sort of harem comedy like Love Hina, Ai Yori Aoshi and Ichigo 100% are fun in each chapter. You feel light emotion and have fun along the ride. I find these harem manga to be much more satisfying.
barbapapa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 11:18 am Reply with quote
apple pro wrote:
barbapapa wrote:

I can't help you with the artwork — that's opinion

but

There are harem manga fans out there that can recognize good from bad.

I's in my opinion is "real" in that it's written to simulate life but the fake emotion is so overdone it's so friggin' annoying. I read 10 volumes of sort of being mildly entertained and after something major happens, I can feel some stupid misunderstanding destroying the entire first 10 volumes being foreshadowed. If they would just have a somewhat real conversation the entire mes would be cleared up. instead it's stupid BS time and the mangaka uses his time tested method of sprinking teenage angst instead of building a real plot.

A sort of harem comedy like Love Hina, Ai Yori Aoshi and Ichigo 100% are fun in each chapter. You feel light emotion and have fun along the ride. I find these harem manga to be much more satisfying.

Thats all fine and dandy
but it wont make me stop loving I''s
nor will it make me start liking Ichigo 100%
I just have different feelings when I read those mangas, simple as that
teenangst ftw Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2