• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online Anime's 2nd Trailer Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
the "live-in-this-moment-with-you RPG" genre.

Sooo tales of sword art online. Laughing anyway great PV and the OP sounded great from what we heard of it in the PV.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:55 am Reply with quote
Having major audio issues with the youtube embed and the official website doesn't seem to want to do anything at all when I click the different trailers.

Which is a shame, because the only reason I'm going to watch this generic fantasy MMO show is because Kajiura will be doing the music. So having the video go completely silent at a minute and 35 seconds into it is pretty darn annoying.
MopZ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:10 am Reply with quote
Wow, was it really necessary for Sony to remove the audio from the preview?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:37 am Reply with quote
MopZ wrote:
Look at the uploader....not a legit trailer. STill funny tho
Westlo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:46 am Reply with quote
Uploader removed the sound because it was playing the LISA op... leaving that in would lead to a removal...
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:24 am Reply with quote
the whole getting stuck in a game thing is really a old thing at this point, plus its never impressed me:

-I never saw tron at all

- my first expirience with said genre was with a pretty subpar cartoon show

-HxH, in my opinion, really didn't do their G.I. right and their "twist" about it near the end never shocked me

-We get accel world and it was interesting at first but there wasn't really any major threat yet, which was alright at first but with how things are going now, we'll need to beef up the danger level abit.

But I don't hate the genre or Idea, and if Sword art online realy does this right I'll be happy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:23 pm Reply with quote
*O* DAT' OPENING and Asuna x Kirito fighting towards the end. My Body is Ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d4coxmPJoA&feature=plcp
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Accel World is more about action fighting, this is more general role playing in fantastic settings, something Dot Hack ignored when it just had characters sit around and philosophize all day instead.
ZLeonL

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I could play it finely in the official website...
Dang!! I was hoping for PS3 adaptation for the game not PSP... hope this one get PS3 adaptation too not losing to AW which have both adaptation....
drkun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
hmm looks good, can't wait for this anime Smile
MopZ

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
MopZ wrote:
Look at the uploader....not a legit trailer. STill funny tho

I noticed.
Westlo wrote:
Uploader removed the sound because it was playing the LISA op... leaving that in would lead to a removal...

I could understand if they where using the full song (thank you article updater person), but this is just a preview, and cannot see how a preview like this can hurt the sales of the anime or the music CDs. Of all the things they could have hit for copyright protection, they went after a preview, and I'm like "What?".
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:37 pm Reply with quote
After reading Tad Williams 'Otherworld' series, I am always a sucker for online worlds. Animation looks great, so I will be checking it out.
Juno016

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:41 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
the whole getting stuck in a game thing is really a old thing at this point, plus its never impressed me:

-I never saw tron at all

- my first expirience with said genre was with a pretty subpar cartoon show

-HxH, in my opinion, really didn't do their G.I. right and their "twist" about it near the end never shocked me

-We get accel world and it was interesting at first but there wasn't really any major threat yet, which was alright at first but with how things are going now, we'll need to beef up the danger level abit.

But I don't hate the genre or Idea, and if Sword art online realy does this right I'll be happy

Usually, they explain it off as something pretty ridiculous and unbelievable, like "future technology." But it's revealed at the beginning of Sword Art Online that spoiler[the characters use a new headset that shuts off their normal senses to immerse their character in the world. Usually, you're supposed to be able to log out on your own and someone else can interrupt you offline, but the creator of the game/headset will automatically fry the player's real brain using microwave technology if the player dies in the game or if someone tries to force the headset off, or if they aren't monitored and plugged in for any longer than two hours or so. The families and friends in the real world have been notified of this, so the players have been put on life support in the real world.]

Best explanation of "being stuck inside a game" I've read so far. And I'm a big fan of .hack, so I was really skeptical of this at first. I read the first novel in Japanese and I have to say that the horror is pretty real and the main characters are much more interesting than they look and seem at first (WAY better than Accel World--most people who have read both novels seem to agree heavily in that regard). I just hope the anime can portray the nuances of the characters in the novel without flattening them to your average main character and "tsundere" female character. They have normal qualities, but the writing really pushes them to be more believable. The main character is far from a wimp, in both mind and strength, and Miss Tsundere is more honest with her true feelings for the main character than she is ever "tsun" or "dere." That's my only real fear for the anime adaption as the soundtrack already sounds amazing and the animation looks pretty powerful, too.

And the world setting is pretty neat, too. It's "average" as far as fantasy world RPG's go, but there are some interesting secrets and living compensations for players forced to "live" in the world, making it deeper than just a "fight to the death" world.

So yeah. I have a lot of hope. I'm still skeptical about some parts, but this is my most anticipated show for next season so far.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Juno016 wrote:

Usually, they explain it off as something pretty ridiculous and unbelievable, like "future technology." But it's revealed at the beginning of Sword Art Online that spoiler[the characters use a new headset that shuts off their normal senses to immerse their character in the world. Usually, you're supposed to be able to log out on your own and someone else can interrupt you offline, but the creator of the game/headset will automatically fry the player's real brain using microwave technology if the player dies in the game or if someone tries to force the headset off, or if they aren't monitored and plugged in for any longer than two hours or so. The families and friends in the real world have been notified of this, so the players have been put on life support in the real world.]

Ah, that explains some questions I had about the series, thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1