• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Horror Head

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:59 am Reply with quote
Quote:
CAPCOM could've pushed Remember Me's cyberpunk stage or its questions about the nature of memory.

Yes. Why can't it be like all those other game covers that highlight the setting or the deeper themes of the game?

Oh wait. That pretty much never happens. Laughing
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:19 am Reply with quote
I would get Legista if it was a physical game, too bad a lot of these decent rpg/anime style games that I think most wouldnt mind dropping 20-30 bucks for in disc format get network or live treatment.

Regarding new character in RE, has the interviewer every played RE. Billy is Zero, the cute girl who was in zero and one other game. Ashley, Sheva in 4,5. The bratty kid with the Aussie accent in Veronica. They have added plenty of characters.

But quite Frankly people like Leon and Chris, and Claire and Jill; so I cant see a RE with none of these characters doing that will. Hell just look at a game like Racoon City, or RE Outbreak, or Dead Aim; sure they were spin offs that tweaked the formula, but I am sure people would have been a lot more receptive to them had they had main characters ala Umbrella Chronicles.
jcaliff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The four-game omnibus features a luggage-handling airport simulator from Seaman creator Yoot Saito

Lost Luggage was one of my favorite Atari games when I was younger. It always amused me when I'd miss and some of the bags had underwear in them. Very Happy Seriously though, Seaman was bizarre imho, but I'd probably get a kick out if this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
There is no way that ALLTYNEX can come over here with the Star of David intact as one of the special magics. No way.

And I'm still disappointed with CAPCOM U.S.A. in choosing to leave the HD version of Jojo with white blood and changed names considering that they are not as big of a deal now as they were back then.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:49 pm Reply with quote
The Last Guardian: This is almost as bad as FF Versus XIII's infamous production schedule.

Croixleur: This actually looks like it could be pretty fun, but dungeon crawlers really have no magic for me anymore.

Eryi's Action: Do fairies even know what bombs and helicopters are? Then again, you did say this game isn't as innocent as it first looks. I hope she's not going to start swinging a chainsaw at zombie rabbits in the forest at some point.

Legasista: I'm actually not going to get this one. I'm disappointed because I was expecting something else (which is my bad since I should have known it would be the exact same thing as ClaDun). Thanks to a certain iPhone RPG I've been playing recently, I'm finding golem characters to be pretty cool (as long as they're drawn awesome) and the one in this game was the first thing that got my attention.
RestLessone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I hope The Last Guardian isn't cancelled. I need it!

...Also, I still have it pre-ordered at Gamestop.

(They actually let me do it, even with it being indefinitely delayed.)
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:01 pm Reply with quote
http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=7702&sid=1a8c6808459c236d1df3161b1a1527b4&start=275#p463936

Heres official pricing for Legasista by the main mod of the NIS forums, since the article didn't have it. 30 bucks seems about right to me, since its a full PS3 title in Japan.
lostrune

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:23 pm Reply with quote
The Last Guardian Forever

Let's hope it's not as bad as Duke. Laughing
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
What was longer Duke Nukem Forever gap or Diablo III, maybe its Half Life 3? And lets not forget GT 5.

Unfortunately, all of those games, half life 3 withstanding, failed to live up to the hype, whether just not as good as the predecessor but still solid in Diablo and GT, or flat out garbage like Nukem.

The problem is the longer you make people wait, the more the begin to think that if its taking this long the game must be perfected creating expectations that might actually superseded a game that would be considered perfect if it came out as scheduled.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:30 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
What was longer Duke Nukem Forever gap or Diablo III, maybe its Half Life 3? And lets not forget GT 5.

None of them are even close to Duke Nukem Forever. It was originally announced in 1997.. before Final Fantasy 7 came out in America. And it didn't release until last year.

Half Life 3 was like 2008, and Diablo 3 was about that time too.
Elves

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:26 am Reply with quote
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Damn it Sony. "The Last Guardian" is the ONLY reason I even want to buy a PS3! I've been holding out all this time because this game was "stuck" in the production cycle. Now more than ever my hopes of it actually getting released have been smashed into a thousand tiny pieces. Argh. EPIC FAIL! Evil or Very Mad
ishmael

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:44 pm Reply with quote
Remember Me's cover cannot get cheesier. I mean, it's almost embarrassingly bad. The game looks nice though.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Well at least one's things for sure, if 'The Last Guardian' comes out it will be out before Cameron decides to do 'Avatar'. Heh heh. I hope that this game will come out. I really want to see it in action. But if it doesn't my job's will get the notice when they can't complete the order.

Remember Me sounds like an interesting game. I'll have to keep an eye on this title. Sounds like something our collection development would be looking for.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Well at least one's things for sure, if 'The Last Guardian' comes out it will be out before Cameron decides to do 'Avatar'.

You mean "Battle Angel", right?
faintsmile1992

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:10 am Reply with quote
Will Nyu Media be offering hard copies of the games or can better value for downloads be found via 7-zip and links on blogs? Wink

Download only distribution is a scam. Who's to say those games will still be available as downloads when the licenses run out?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2