• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Captain Harlock Sci-Fi Anime's Remake to Open This Fall

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:48 am Reply with quote
I'm still waiting for the Rose of Versailles film Toei promised <<
www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nosrE2Ez-4
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:15 am Reply with quote
FINALLY. I was afraid this was a dead project.

I'm confused though, is this going to be a feature film? A TV series? Or an OVA series?

EDIT: NM. I can't read the first sentence of a news article.
dan9999

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:44 am Reply with quote
Go on Toei, we need to go back and remember what made anime GREAT!! And go back to making series pursuing the spirit of the great eras.

Nothing like the old classics to refresh our memories.
vanfanel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:15 am Reply with quote
I might be more excited about this if it wasn't Aramaki and his dang CG. For now, I'll file this under "wait and see."
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:26 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Go on Toei, we need to go back and remember what made anime GREAT!! And go back to making series pursuing the spirit of the great eras.

Nothing like the old classics to flush out the moe, fanservice, and lolicom sludge too. When they start remaking the old Classics, that's a sure sign they've run out of ideas that doesn't include all those.
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:58 am Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

Then you should be checking out the remake of another Leiji Matsumoto masterpiece, Space Battleship Yamato 2199. Currently midway through the series (Episodes 11-14 got a cinema release two weeks ago), and having seen the first ten episodes of 26 and being a huge fan of the original, I can say without a doubt it's more than doing the original justice.
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:58 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
dan9999 wrote:

Nothing like the old classics to flush out the moe, fanservice, and lolicom sludge too. When they start remaking the old Classics, that's a sure sign they've run out of ideas that doesn't include all those.

They haven't run out of ideas its more that the 'moe,fanservice,lolicom sludge' sells more. Business is Business. Go where the money is. There is more than enough original stories and great concepts in Manga begging to be adapted but so long as the sludge is massively profitable we can expect those shows to keep being made.
IkariGendo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quote
Comic Natalie posted a trailer

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw6yApBMH2U
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:19 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:

No, it means they can bank on nostalgia and an already established fanbase. As the above poster said, there's still hundreds, if not thousands, of manga, light novels, visual novels, and original ideas floating around to keep anime going for decades. How about things that got only an OVA or two but needed 100 episodes to tell a story? You'll never see a full adaptation of Weathering Continent or Please Save My Earth; Leijiverse material is easy street to make a buck, or more likely get any funding in the first place.

IkariGendo wrote:

Different trailer than the longer camrip one we saw years ago. The CG looks better than anything I can think of in recent memory as far as anime goes, but I really don't like the 2spooky4u Arcadia design.
danilo07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 am Reply with quote
IkariGendo wrote:

I am wondering if the end product will have better CG than 009 Re: Cyborg from the looks of it I would say yes.Also Harutoshi Fukui is writing this?Hell yes this is gonna be awesome!
Tochiro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote
Day 1 at the cinema for me. Being the huge Matsumoto fan that I am, Ill probably see it twice Very Happy
Myaow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:46 am Reply with quote
It feels like it's been a zillion years since we've heard any news of this, and I'm glad that it's not fizzled out! There are some things in the teasers we've seen that I'm not crazy about, but I definitely want to see this if only for the gorgeous CG-rendered Harlock. Move aside, Amnesia; scoot along, Uta no Prince-sama; hunkiest anime dude of 2013 coming through here!!
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:03 am Reply with quote
I have seen Captain Harlock and look forwe way whard to this remake. By the way Valkyrie Zero Zero One where can I watch Space Battleship Yamato 2199. Smile [/b]
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
I have seen Captain Hardlock and I am looking forward to the CGI remake. Valyrie Zero Zero One where is Space Battleship Yamato 2199 streaming I would like to see it. Smile
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
dan9999 wrote:

You haven't seen the Space Battleship Yamato remake then. There is quite abit of fanservice there. Heck there was even Loliness in the older Gundam series'.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3