• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Zetsuen no Tempest Manga's Main Story to End Next Month

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:18 am Reply with quote
Interesting. I wonder if this means the anime we be able to adapt the entire story. The way it was going, spoiler[it seemed like it was trying to set things up for an anime original ending, but maybe I was mistaken.]
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
this is cool! so the anime will end the way the manga ends?
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:07 am Reply with quote
^
Maybe, maybe not. It takes weeks to write and draw an episode, so the final episode will start being worked on before the Manga ends. However, if the Manga-ka tells the production committee what he or she intends to do for the finale before the Manga finishes, then it is possible that the Anime's finale will be quite similar to the Manga's ending.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:19 am Reply with quote
That's short.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:46 am Reply with quote
Wonder if Bones will pull a Brotherhood and drag out the last few episodes so Saizaki will have enough time to finish.

Hope not because Zetsuen has been on of my favorite series and I wouldn't mind an original ending so long as it's well-thought-out.
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:25 am Reply with quote
The anime is already a little different from the manga, so I was expecting an original ending. I guess we'll see how this goes.
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:27 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The main story centers around Yoshino Takigawa, an ordinary high school student with a mysterious friend named Mahiro Fuwa. Mahiro made a deal with a witch named Hakaze to hunt down the killers of his parents and sister. Now Mahiro is missing, and Hakaze confronts Yoshino. Yoshino finds himself involved in a crisis that may doom the entire world.

Is the anime that different from the manga, or is this description really poor? I don't recall Hakaze confronting Yoshino over Mahiro being missing, ever. I will have to read this one once the anime is over. I am loving the show!
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
Quote:
The main story centers around Yoshino Takigawa, an ordinary high school student with a mysterious friend named Mahiro Fuwa. Mahiro made a deal with a witch named Hakaze to hunt down the killers of his parents and sister. Now Mahiro is missing, and Hakaze confronts Yoshino. Yoshino finds himself involved in a crisis that may doom the entire world.

Is the anime that different from the manga, or is this description really poor? I don't recall Hakaze confronting Yoshino over Mahiro being missing, ever. I will have to read this one once the anime is over. I am loving the show!

No, the anime follows essentially the same plot as the manga. The description is just really poor.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Well, that's certainly promising for the anime. The plot and character relationships seemed a little too complex and intertwined (and good) to just (potentially) spoil the series with an anime-original endgame. At the very least, BONES can complete this cour's set of episodes and come back in the fall with the manga's conclusion.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, I hope it will have a promising ending.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Considering how fast the anime has been moving, it all makes sense now. Still loving all the Hamlet moments as well as other Shakespeare implications in this show.

Quote:

Pretty sure ANN is mixing up the characters.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Great news I suppose! At least we know now that the anime should cover the entire manga and not include an original ending, which have been known to have been a hit or a miss.

I am interested in this spin off though, I wonder who or what it will focus on?

I just hope that VIZ or someone picks this up, I'd really like to read it. If the anime is any indication, then the manga must be awesome!
Wrangler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote
What a shame, then again it could help the show. Allot of series prematurely end due to out running the plot of Manga because alot mangas take their time telling a story that takes episode babbly about on television.

I was hoping getting more mileage out of Zetsuen no Tempest story before they concluded. Well, i haven't read the anime it self so i can only hope for the best.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1