• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Fullmetal English Dub at Anime Expo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Damn I wish I wasn't working! Aug I really want to see how that would of been with Vic there. I hoping to maybe even get an autograph, darn it why does work have to suck away all my time and fun?

Oh well I still can't wait still I actually get to have my SE of FMA movie when in comes out in (I think) September.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
sionEmber

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I believe the FMA movie is launched in late Sept/early Oct. To be able to see Vic and Romi in person does sound pretty cool, but I'm stuck in Texas. Mad
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Cryminitly Christmas! This Anime Expo is going to be EXPLOSIVE!! with special guests and events! Shocked .

They aren't going to be able to live up to this one for a while.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:54 am Reply with quote
sionEmber wrote:
I believe the FMA movie is launched in late Sept/early Oct. To be able to see Vic and Romi in person does sound pretty cool, but I'm stuck in Texas. Mad

If I remember right, A.I. (Anime Insider) magazine said that the movie was coming out on a special date: Oct.03.06, which, I believe, is the date that Ed carved into the state alchemist's pocket watch and to which he added, "Don't Forget" etc. Either this is disinformation, a really weird coincidence, or they somehow planned this from the start as a HUGE inside-joke. In any case, I'm almost certain that's when it's said to come out... Exactly HOW it's to be released (straight-to-DVD, or maybe a theatrical debut) I'm not sure.

LydiaDianne wrote:
Cryminitly Christmas! This Anime Expo is going to be EXPLOSIVE!! with special guests and events! Shocked .

They aren't going to be able to live up to this one for a while.

Oh man... I don't live anywhere NEAR Anaheim and the more I hear about the Anime Expo the more I'm sad I can't go. 'specially this time around. I LOVE FMA and I think Mr. Mignogna is an awesome voice actor. Plus, I heard CLAMP is gonna make their first U.S. appearance there as well. *sigh* Oh how I wish I could've found out about all this 6 months ago so I coulda saved some cash and gone. Well... I'll just haveta shoot for next year.
hanachan01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:59 am Reply with quote
I wish I could be there! Clamp, Romi, everyone..ah! And I'd love to see Vic again! He's so sweet! I got t omeet him at ANext, and it was so cool!
matthewlow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:40 am Reply with quote
This half makes me want to not survive top cut in the Inuyasha TCG event to make this.

I guess time will tell if I'm able to see this...
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:35 am Reply with quote
Ashen Phoenix wrote:

If I remember right, A.I. (Anime Insider) magazine said that the movie was coming out on a special date: Oct.03.06, which, I believe, is the date that Ed carved into the state alchemist's pocket watch and to which he added, "Don't Forget" etc. Either this is disinformation, a really weird coincidence, or they somehow planned this from the start as a HUGE inside-joke. In any case, I'm almost certain that's when it's said to come out... Exactly HOW it's to be released (straight-to-DVD, or maybe a theatrical debut) I'm not sure.

Actually, the movie will be released on DVD on 9/26/06 which is the same date as vol 13 of the series. However, the movie will be released in several theaters in the US through Funimation Films at the beginning of September(can't remember the date) so people can see it on the silver screen for almost a month before the DVD release.
potassium

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:41 am Reply with quote
really now? is there a list somewhere of the theatres?
coolGAL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:25 am Reply with quote
Holy Crap both sub and dub voices are going to be there the closest i could be going is in my dreams the people who are going are super lucky. Anime cry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
FMAFan16

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:10 pm Reply with quote
potassium wrote:
really now? is there a list somewhere of the theatres?

According to the press release by Funimation yesterday the movie is now scheduled to be released in theaters nationwide Sept. 8, 2006. I don't know what theaters it will be shown in yet. You'll have to wait until Funimation Films updates their site.
Shorty22

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Whearn9999 wrote:
Ashen Phoenix wrote:
If I remember right, A.I. (Anime Insider) magazine said that the movie was coming out on a special date: Oct.03.06, which, I believe, is the date that Ed carved into the state alchemist's pocket watch and to which he added, "Don't Forget" etc. Either this is disinformation, a really weird coincidence, or they somehow planned this from the start as a HUGE inside-joke.

Actually, the movie will be released on DVD on 9/26/06 which is the same date as vol 13 of the series.

Personally, I think it'd been really cool/interesting in a geeky way if they had released it in October like that. Especially since they're only a week off anyway.

Man, this is really turning out to be a big year for AX, huh? It makes me wish I could have stopped by and see everything, but I work in retail and there's NO time off 4-8 weeks before Inventory... and that's mid-July for my store. Pft. Sad
halochief_90

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Does the movie take place after the end of the TV series? If it does, will it contain spoilers (I'm asking the people who imported or watched it fansubbed)? Because YTV won't be done airing the show by October or whatever, and I (along with other YTV viewers) don't want the show's story to be ruined.
darkangel9889

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Yes and yes.
hanachan01

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
Does the movie take place after the end of the TV series? If it does, will it contain spoilers (I'm asking the people who imported or watched it fansubbed)? Because YTV won't be done airing the show by October or whatever, and I (along with other YTV viewers) don't want the show's story to be ruined.

Yes, it does. If you haven't seen the end of series, watching the movie will ruin it for you. You might wanna go before the movie though, just to see Romi and Vic and everyone else, but then leave when the movie starts.

There's probably gonna be an FMA panel though, so if you want to see Romi, Vic, etc., you could see them at a panel!

I really wish I didn't live in New Jersey! A lot of my favorite people are going to be there, like Romi and Vic and Clamp! I met Vic though, at ANext, so at least I met him once. And I email with him...Smile But Clamp are my idols! CardCaptor Sakura helped get me into manga(I read the flipped manga when it was released-I never saw 'CardCaptors'), and I'm a huge Clampholic!
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:16 pm Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:

Yes. The movie takes place in continuation after episode 52 (the final one of the TV series). It's quite important and contains MASSIVE spoilers to my knowledge, tho' I haven't seen anyhing ahead of time (I hate spoilers). T.T

So... yeah. Don't go see/rent the movie 'til you've watched all the TV episodes. It's all so awesome, how can you miss anything?! lol Hope that helps.

EDIT: Man lol, I should really read the rest of the other posts before I respond to a question. Somebody's prob'ly already responded. Oh well.

Oh and, Whearn9999 & FMAFan16? I LOVE YOU TWO!! *dances* The info you gave on the movie has made me INCREDIBLY happy!! If I could, I would give you both a hug! Thanks!! You both ROCK!!! Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2