• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Pet Girl of Sakurasou Light Novel Slated for July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Damn, sad to hear this LN is ending soon. I hope for a S2 in the future as well..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:19 am Reply with quote
What would a game for this series play like? I'm not familiar with these kinds of adaptations. (Game for a show that isn't about action or special powers.) Any ideas?
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:24 am Reply with quote
Happiness for Subaru wrote:
What would a game for this series play like? I'm not familiar with these kinds of adaptations. (Game for a show that isn't about action or special powers.) Any ideas?

Visual Novel/Dating Sim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ezgTQMkBZh8#t=90s

Heres some gameplay shown
IchigoKurosakiHollowfi

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 1:52 am Reply with quote
Season 2 Please! X3
hpulley

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:00 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Damn, sad to hear this LN is ending soon. I hope for a S2 in the future as well..

This was expected, we knew volume 10 would be the last one.

Season two I would love to see but I suspect we won't get it given sales... though I could be wrong. They would have to hope that season two got more people to buy all 12 (10 + 2 side story volumes) novels, people who didn't already buy them due to season 1. Because 2000 sales of discs/volume isn't break even and it takes another 10000 light novel sales to make up the difference just to break even. Sadly I think the end will remain just in the novels.
Ginsan

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:27 am Reply with quote
Don't really like this, dropped it after 10 episodes. I don't really understand what people find good about this. The art? The comedy? The characters were badly written, I could go more into details if you want me to, and the dramas were stupid. Romance? Don't even talk about that. What's the other girl, Aoyama was it, her role? Just sit by and let the girl steal her love one, only then she will work hard to win his heart, but that was all too late, aw that was so sad, or so I think it was supposed to be sad. Jin's romance was hell lot better than the main protagonist's one, but is still so darn bad. Is Jin supposed to be a good guy, or a bad guy? He wanted to cast off his feelings for her because he felt inferior and thought that she would be happier with another man, but was hurting her all these time while knowing it? I mean, that's freaking contradicting himself there -facepalm- Even so, he doesn't have to go around fuucking women right? There are more to love than sex, agree? He is like, a fuucking gigolo, well it would be even sadder if he got infected with AIDS right? That would be a good drama too I guess, and we're supposed to cry at that, because they brought it onto themselves, right??? Hmm I could go on whole day picking out every little fault the anime had.. Oh well I'll stop here. Note this, I am not ranting, I am merely speaking of the truth

As for those who love it, 2volumes left unanimated, it could be a nice movie finale but I doubt a romance series as this would get a movie, most likely it'll never be animated.
hpulley

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:06 am Reply with quote
More than two volumes are left unanimated. They only got to the end of volume 6. 4 volumes left plus the side stories of 5.5 and 7.5. More than enough for a season.

I loved the show and the novels are great too. It is kind of unfortunate that they ended it where they did. I was hoping they would get to the end of the eighth novel, that would have been a great place to end it.
Kreion

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:50 am Reply with quote
Ginsan wrote:
Don't really like this, dropped it after 10 episodes. I don't really understand what people find good about this. The art? The comedy? The characters were badly written, I could go more into details if you want me to, and the dramas were stupid. Romance? Don't even talk about that. What's the other girl, Aoyama was it, her role? Just sit by and let the girl steal her love one, only then she will work hard to win his heart, but that was all too late, aw that was so sad, or so I think it was supposed to be sad. Jin's romance was hell lot better than the main protagonist's one, but is still so darn bad. Is Jin supposed to be a good guy, or a bad guy? He wanted to cast off his feelings for her because he felt inferior and thought that she would be happier with another man, but was hurting her all these time while knowing it? I mean, that's freaking contradicting himself there -facepalm- Even so, he doesn't have to go around fuucking women right? There are more to love than sex, agree? He is like, a fuucking gigolo, well it would be even sadder if he got infected with AIDS right? That would be a good drama too I guess, and we're supposed to cry at that, because they brought it onto themselves, right??? Hmm I could go on whole day picking out every little fault the anime had.. Oh well I'll stop here. Note this, I am not ranting, I am merely speaking of the truth

As for those who love it, 2volumes left unanimated, it could be a nice movie finale but I doubt a romance series as this would get a movie, most likely it'll never be animated.

Judging by your pointless rant, you don't understand the concept of conflicting emotions. So whilst you said you could go into detail...just don't, I doubt it would make sense to anyone but yourself.

I'm not really bothered by this, I would prefer that series like this are an average length and of a high quality. The longest quality romance I can think of is Spice and wolf, but most LN series seem to end around 10-15 volumes. As long as it's good it can end when it wants too Very Happy Early ending is better than dragging on.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1