• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Pokémon X & Y's 3-Minute Promo Lays Out New Features

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:42 am Reply with quote
Ugh this is gonna be AMAZING
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:46 am Reply with quote
I think Pokeparure is a romanized version of "Poké-Pal". It has already been announced as "Pokémon-amie" in the English version, during the E3 Nintendo Direct.

Since the game's country is based on France, the "Pokémon-Amie" name is a word play. "Poké - Mon ami(e)". "Mon ami" means "My friend. The e is there if it's a a she. Though, I don't know why they put a e there.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote
Ugh, digital copy for the 3DS XL? I want the physical copy and the physical game itself....this is stupid...I may just need to buy two of the same game then... <<
Cetais

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
Ugh, digital copy for the 3DS XL? I want the physical copy and the physical game itself....this is stupid...I may just need to buy two of the same game then... <<
It's a digital copy if you get the special edition 3DS XL.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Even though it looks GREAT! I wasn't too into getting it until I saw the virtual pet feature. I want that!!
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Cetais wrote:
I think Pokeparure is a romanized version of "Poké-Pal". It has already been announced as "Pokémon-amie" in the English version, during the E3 Nintendo Direct.

Since the game's country is based on France, the "Pokémon-Amie" name is a word play. "Poké - Mon ami(e)". "Mon ami" means "My friend. The e is there if it's a a she. Though, I don't know why they put a e there.

In the trailer, the "re" part was at the end of the name, if the word was "Pal", that wouldn't be there.

I also mostly just joked that it was named after Reggie Fils-Aime.
EnigmaticSky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Looks alright, but BW really didn't do it for me. I gave it a long hard shot, i even tried the post game of 2... Still didn't care much. Maybe it just feels too repetitive after playing every single game in the series multiple times, or maybe the series actually is dropping in quality. I also don't care for the graphical style of XY.

And the 3DS bundle should really have the physical copy.
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Cetais wrote:
I think Pokeparure is a romanized version of "Poké-Pal".

Pokémon Parlé. That is, roughly, "Pokemon Conversation," referring to the one-on-one interaction with the Pokemon.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
I am very curious to see how the game actually plays. Like a gamplay vid of a signle scene for longer than 5 seconds lol. I hope we get a demo or something b4 the release
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:11 pm Reply with quote
I so can't wait to play this!

I mean, just thinking about the new gameplay, all the new features and what with how many pokemon there are... including new ones... Yeah, I don't know how making a game completely works, but it's looks like someone(s) busted there ass to make this game and give Pokémon this kinda upgrade.

(Especially the whole Pokémon-amie thing... does that work, or could that work I should say, with every Pokémon there is...? If so... wow, that's just... that seems like a lot of work just for the animation things for each pkmn since there are so freaking many Shocked )
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
J'aime! J'aime beaucoup!!
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:30 am Reply with quote
I am an avid Pokemon fan, so of course I am really looking forward to this. If I only knew the differences between versions, I'd already plan to get right on pre-ordering.

I will say though, I am still wishing for the day when the Pokemon series is taken to the next level. Everything is still too simplistic in presentation; after all this time, we are just now getting to customize our character's appearance just a little bit. And the battles especially...we are still stuck in this mode of the Pokemon sitting in one place in the battle field the whole time and taking turns using moves. Really, what we have seen from the preview footage looks no different than the battles in say the Pokemon Stadium games. As for Pokemon Parure, I am happy and excited to have such a feature, but this too looks simplistic, and I can see it almost getting a little repetitive after a while. Can you picture petting your same Pokemon in the same way multiple times, and watching them eating their sweets the same way, multiple times?

I don't mean this all to sound as harsh as it probably does. I really like how good the games have been, and highly anticipate X and Y. I just feel like by now this should be more advanced. I mean look at the fighting games out there right now. When I saw footage from the PokePark game, I've since been thinking, "That would be great, having a battlefield where you could make your Pokemon run around and fire attacks at will, like in the anime." While I guess there is something to be said for the current battle setup in the mainstream Pokemon games (even if just because it is a classic formula and nostalgic), I can't help but think about if this all could be something more now in today's world of more advanced gaming. Picture perhaps having the four circular buttons be the moves, the 3DS' circular movable button (whatever it's called) being for moving, the D-pad being for jumping and such, and maybe the bumpers for dodging? Just a thought.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:11 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
I am very curious to see how the game actually plays. Like a gamplay vid of a signle scene for longer than 5 seconds lol. I hope we get a demo or something b4 the release

It'll probably play like all the other games. The franchise isn't the most evolving one out there.

Jeikobu wrote:
I will say though, I am still wishing for the day when the Pokemon series is taken to the next level. Everything is still too simplistic in presentation; after all this time, we are just now getting to customize our character's appearance just a little bit. And the battles especially...we are still stuck in this mode of the Pokemon sitting in one place in the battle field the whole time and taking turns using moves. Really, what we have seen from the preview footage looks no different than the battles in say the Pokemon Stadium games.

I agree. This game looks it might take a baby step forward with the group of friends you supposedly meet and travel along the way with, and it would be nice if there was some kind of actual good story and character development (not just 'stop evil team, collect 8 bages, beat champion, win game' thing). The anime gives these characters some kind of backstory, which I like, and you see them develop and stuff, so I'd like to see something like that out of these games, or at least some kind of alternative set of games. Something along the lines of the Persona series with story and characters. I mean, even Mario gets regular RPGs with a nice fun story and cast of characters. Surely they could do something like that with this franchise.
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:48 am Reply with quote
Jeikobu wrote:
And the battles especially...we are still stuck in this mode of the Pokemon sitting in one place in the battle field the whole time and taking turns using moves. Really, what we have seen from the preview footage looks no different than the battles in say the Pokemon Stadium games.

On this particular point, one Pokemon Battle Revolution interview revealed that they separate the two Pokemon and how the move hits to avoid the game showing "direct violence," since it is still a kid's game. If they made it more "realistic," then they would have to up the rating above the target audience, so they stick with the traditional layout, even in 3D games, to avoid this.
Jeikobu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:33 am Reply with quote
And yet PokePark, also aimed at kids, gives the chance of direct content, as does the anime, which is, again, aimed at kids.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2