• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Atlus: Devil Survivor 2: Break Record Will Still Be Released on 3DS

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
razisgosu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:12 am Reply with quote
Still no NA announcement. I grow continually concerned.
DRWii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:

"SMT IV" wasn't announced until a month or two before the Japanese release, and I'm pretty sure "Soul Hackers" wasn't announced until several months after the Japanese release.

So considering that we still have no idea when "Break Record" will be released in Japan, it's probably a bit too soon to worry.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote
The game was already released on the ds; this just add a little bit of extras so they force people to double dip for the same game. Nothing of value lost here.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:41 pm Reply with quote
It's valuable to me as I haven't played it yet, and I don't really want to play the DS version on my 3DS. Want that full screen resolution!
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:52 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:

Assuming ATLUS doesnt go bankrupt, I think we'll get a NA release within a year or so
JormelKaze

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:26 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
The game was already released on the ds; this just add a little bit of extras so they force people to double dip for the same game. Nothing of value lost here.

For fans of the games, it's quite a big deal. They're adding on a large chunk of game this time. (Apparently it will be an extra scenario as long as a full length RPG. It will probably be similar to how P3FES did The Answer.) For people starving for more, this is a huge incentive. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

I'm not too worried about a NA release for now, since they brought over the other three DeSu games. However, I am concerned the bankruptcy will influence such an occurrence, but I'm optimistic. Above all, I hope Atlus will be okay and pull out of this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1