• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Akame ga KILL! Manga to Get Prequel in October

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
It'll be interesting to read this when it comes out, though I wish someone would pick up Akame ga Kill for a US release.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote
Interesting. I really enjoy the current going Akame ga Kill so looking forward to this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kikusui

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited. Akame ga kill is such a great manga, so more will probably equal better.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:49 pm Reply with quote
I like Akame but its too dark, I mean its the exact opposite of too sweet. I know people complain when there is a happy ending and everything goes right, but its just as ridiculous when you have stuff like Akame where everyone dies, everyone gets killed, what goes wrong can, the bad guys win way too much, and even any romance is destined to fail hard due to good/evil incompatible orientation.
_Archer_

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:51 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit surprised to see it get a prequel, but maybe this just means that the chances of it getting an anime one day is going up?
blindworm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:36 am Reply with quote
i can see why the author is doing this. akame's the title character, and he has barely done anything with her character. and his terrible at developing them. so, make a whole other manga to focus solely on that. resourceful, and increases the pacing of the other series

still doubt there's going to be an anime. it'll just be violent shlock
Kikusui

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:43 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
I like Akame but its too dark, I mean its the exact opposite of too sweet. I know people complain when there is a happy ending and everything goes right, but its just as ridiculous when you have stuff like Akame where everyone dies, everyone gets killed, what goes wrong can, the bad guys win way too much, and even any romance is destined to fail hard due to good/evil incompatible orientation.

That's what i love about akame ga kill. It's really hard to predict what's going to happpen, and you always know something big is going to happen.
blindworm

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:22 am Reply with quote
Kikusui wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

That's what i love about akame ga kill. It's really hard to predict what's going to happpen, and you always know something big is going to happen.

my problem is that it really isn't that hard to predict. someones going to die, that's it, and if u think think about it a little, it isn't that hard to predict who'll die. especially when half the characters have plot armor.

the series is really just trying to be like berserk, and attack on titan, without really getting how those series do it

it's enjoyable, but it's really nothing but a violent manga
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I would argue that with the way people die in this series you never know who's going to die outright. Perhaps midway through a battle you can get an idea but at the onset of most of the conflicts...spoiler[well I'd say you'd be lying if you thought Chelsea was gonna die before she went after Kurome]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1