• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Song played by Dorothy via the piano in Big O?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaptorMoonX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:38 pm Reply with quote
In Big O, what song does Dorothy always play on the piano? I know that it is by the composer Chopin, but I can't remember the name of it. It is not the one that she always wakes Roger up with. That much I know for sure. Thanks for your help in advance. Anime smile
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:46 pm Reply with quote
You might want to post this in the music forum.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Moving this to Music.
Iritscen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:55 am Reply with quote
There's two different songs she plays; the fast one she wakes him up with, and the slow one in "Legacy of Amadeus".

I and others think that the second one must be Chopin -- is that the one you're thinking of? A quick Google search tells me very little (no one seems to know), although some site in Japanese seems to be saying it's Prelude Op.28-No.15 by Chopin, "Raindrop".

Edit: Yes, it is. Click me to hear the late great Alfred Cortot playing it. (works if you have iTunes)
Iritscen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:56 am Reply with quote
RaptorMoonX wrote:
In Big O, what song does Dorothy always play on the piano? I know that it is by the composer Chopin, but I can't remember the name of it. It is not the one that she always wakes Roger up with. That much I know for sure. Thanks for your help in advance. Anime smile

I wonder if you were referring to the same piece of music that I was -- you said Dorothy "always plays" it, but "Raindrop" is only played in "Legacy of Amadeus", albeit several times. When you said "always", I would have thought you meant the fast piece that she wakes him up with in a couple ep.s, but you said not that one. Hmm.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Music All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1