• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Lelouch Voice Actor Jun Fukuyama Joins Code Geass: Akito the Exiled Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rahzel rose
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
Lelouch, when did you start wearing an eyepatch?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
No, that's clearly Jim Belouche Lamp-Rage.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Not sure how I feel about Lelouch being in this. I was ok with Suzaku and C.C. showing up, but I wanted this to be a complete spin-off story separate from the main one in Code Geass. It just seems to me they're dragging Lelouch into this and I can't say it excites me.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:13 pm Reply with quote
One of the key things that people should take into consideration is this isn't going to be a main character, just an antagonist for the second half of the story, and his mindset will probably be different enough as a result. Different circumstances alone mean this isn't really going to be a repetition of the original series.

Effectively, I think this is obviously an intentional nod to the fans but it doesn't really mean the show will suddenly give him all of the attention to the detriment of everything or everyone else.

In other words, let's look at a similar example from Gundam. Char Aznable plays one role in the original Mobile Suit Gundam, but Quattro plays a different one in Zeta Gundam. And then you have Full Frontal in Unicorn. They're all voiced by the same actor, but they are distinct entities (even when one or more of those is meant to be a disguise).

Last edited by nightjuan on Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kreion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
Not sure how I feel about Lelouch being in this. I was ok with Suzaku and C.C. showing up, but I wanted this to be a complete spin-off story separate from the main one in Code Geass. It just seems to me they're dragging Lelouch into this and I can't say it excites me.

But the story was never really that separate...I mean it's the same war that's being fought all over the world. I do kind of know what you mean, but I think if they wanted to do a complete spin off then I wouldn't want C.C or Suzaku to really show up either...I mean Suzaku might have a cameo but that's only because he's a knight of the round. But I suppose there is the unfortunate fact that thus far Akito hasn't really been the best MC in as much as his motivation seems pretty damn similar to Lelouch's. Though Leila has a bit more potential too her, since we never saw much of the political strife within nobility since Lelouch was already out of it (essentially) by the start of CG.

Then again if you want to do a complete spin off then you'd likely have to remove Geass as something which was present in the series.
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
But I suppose there is the unfortunate fact that thus far Akito hasn't really been the best MC in as much as his motivation seems pretty damn similar to Lelouch's. Though Leila has a bit more potential too her, since we never saw much of the political strife within nobility since Lelouch was already out of it (essentially) by the start of CG.

Akito's motivation is similar to Lelouch's motivation? I would have to strongly disagree with that.

He has no visible interest in neither revenge nor bringing down Britannia, let alone freeing Japan. There's no point of comparison.

And again, I must stress that Akito and Leila still remain the main characters of this new project. Based on current spoilers for OVA 2, the vast majority of the screen time is still dedicated to them and their affairs. Those thinking that this will change are misreading the situation.
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Julius Kingsley, my new favorite character since Malik Blishtar and Carlos Danger...

Still wondering if Funimation will stream the OVAs or if it's "buy physical or don't watch at all"...
trunkschan90

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:33 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if Funi will get Bosch to voice "Julius"
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:37 pm Reply with quote
spoilers? Seems like Lelouce becomes this dude...they look the same? I havn't finished the show yet -_-
Gray.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:10 pm Reply with quote
So "Julius" is a strategist, Lelouch was a strategist too.
You cant fool us Sunrise.
StormSky92

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote
This just seems too obvious. I really believe this isn't going to actually be Lelouch.
neji3994

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:05 pm Reply with quote
The eyepatch is right at his eye hiding his geass... Hope that's just a decoration and Sunrise is not trolling us *shrugs and remembers of Gintama*
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
But wasn't Lelouch killed off at the end of Code Geass the Revlution 2 where does this anime pick up with him in this anime series? Confused
Sasukeuzi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:41 pm Reply with quote
marcos torres toledo wrote:
But wasn't Lelouch killed off at the end of Code Geass the Revlution 2 where does this anime pick up with him in this anime series? Confused

Anime happens around after the events of Season 1.
spoiler[I'm assuming that this may be during that time space where Lelouch had his mind wiped, but it's strange that he doesn't remember this at all in R2. I mean it could be a different person altogether but what're the chances of getting another person that looks exactly like him? Also interesting that he's a duo with Suzaku.]
pajmo9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Sasukeuzi wrote:
marcos torres toledo wrote:

Anime happens around after the events of Season 1.
spoiler[I'm assuming that this may be during that time space where Lelouch had his mind wiped, but it's strange that he doesn't remember this at all in R2. I mean it could be a different person altogether but what're the chances of getting another person that looks exactly like him? Also interesting that he's a duo with Suzaku.]

spoiler[I guess It depends on how the emperors geass power works. Since he rewrote them again it could completely erase his previous changes. Thats my speculation. And he may have been sent with Suzaku so he could keep an eye on him.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2