• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Game Pits SAO, Shana Casts Against Each Other

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:04 pm Reply with quote
You had me at "Shana in a fighting game".

It'll be interesting to see which characters from other series will pop up. Here's hoping for Celty/Shizuo from Durarara. Very Happy

Also of note, those tanks in the background of the first picture look like those from Valkyria Chronicles.

EDIT: Yes!! I can confirm those tanks ARE from Valkyria Chronicles!! Take a look at this picture:

http://www.igorstshirts.com/blog/concepttanks/2012/valkyria_chronicles/valkyria_chronicles_08.jpg

There are some slight differences, but the big "M" on the side gives it away.

I guess we can expect Alicia as a character, then? Wink
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Here's a short video featuring actual gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snEDW2lTgik
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:54 pm Reply with quote
There's a plethora of popular and recognizable characters from various Dengeki Bunko titles to choose from. It'll be interesting who gets to be in the roster. And yes, for the record the characters from Baccano and Durarara also count! Surprised
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:22 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
There's a plethora of popular and recognizable characters from various Dengeki Bunko titles to choose from. It'll be interesting who gets to be in the roster. And yes, for the record the characters from Baccano and Durarara also count! Surprised

Give me Celty from DRRR, Kuroyukihime/Black Lotus from Accel World, and Ryoko from Okami-san (with her kitty knuckles), and I can die happy. Very Happy
EastN3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Even though this will probably never make it over here, because, well, Sega, it's still cool to see projects like this come to fruition. I'll have to import this.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote
EastN3 wrote:
Even though this will probably never make it over here, because, well, Sega, it's still cool to see projects like this come to fruition. I'll have to import this.

Even of it wasn't Sega, the odds of us seeing a crossover anime fighter like this make it over here are practically nonexistent. If we can't get those Shonen Jump fighters in english due to rights issues, theres no way we would've gotten a Dengeki fighter. Aquapazza was an anomaly (and only involved 3 different franchises IIRC, making it slightly easier to work out the rights issues).
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:14 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Even of it wasn't Sega, the odds of us seeing a crossover anime fighter like this make it over here are practically nonexistent. If we can't get those Shonen Jump fighters in english due to rights issues, theres no way we would've gotten a Dengeki fighter. Aquapazza was an anomaly (and only involved 3 different franchises IIRC, making it slightly easier to work out the rights issues).

Well we got Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Project X Zone (different publishers but similar situation) so I don't see any particular barrier to this being released here.
dark-kyon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:40 pm Reply with quote
my picks

1-kuroyukihime--accel world
2-shuri kurosaki-asura cryin
3-fear kubrik-----c3
4-yusa emi-------hatarau mau-sama
5-ayase aragaki-oreimo
6-milla -----------tales of xillia
7-kuroko,misaka imouto,----------to aru majustu
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
dark-kyon wrote:
my picks

1-kuroyukihime--accel world
2-shuri kurosaki-asura cryin
3-fear kubrik-----c3
4-yusa emi-------hatarau mau-sama
5-ayase aragaki-oreimo
6-milla -----------tales of xillia
7-kuroko,misaka imouto,----------to aru majustu

Why would you put Milla in there?? Not only is she not Dengeki Bunko (a novel company), DB is collaborating with SEGA, not Namco Bandai.
EastN3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:06 pm Reply with quote
EighteenSky wrote:
doubleO7 wrote:

Well we got Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Project X Zone (different publishers but similar situation) so I don't see any particular barrier to this being released here.

Not to mention that they just announced the localization of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle, a series that is both Shonen Jump and virtually unknown in the West. However, it's publisher is Namco Bandai, a company with a good localization record. Therefore, I must reiterate that Sega will be who is to blame for this game not coming over.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
If it's not a Sonic game, Sega doesn't want to bother with it in the west, plain and simple.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:00 pm Reply with quote
I really hope Accel World doesn't get shafted again over SAO cause I'd really love to be able to rock Kuroyukihime in one of these fighters. Index is a given, but I hope they can fit some horizon characters in there too like the Aoi Siblings and Futayo Honda. Lots to choose from though including the usual stable of Sega crossover stars, but I won't blame them if they give the most priority to the biggest sellers for Dengeki.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
I really hope Accel World doesn't get shafted again over SAO cause I'd really love to be able to rock Kuroyukihime in one of these fighters. Index is a given, but I hope they can fit some horizon characters in there too like the Aoi Siblings and Futayo Honda. Lots to choose from though including the usual stable of Sega crossover stars, but I won't blame them if they give the most priority to the biggest sellers for Dengeki.

Kimi maybe, but Toori is emphatically not a fighter. Thats like half the entire point of his character.

I'd say for Horizon the best choices would be Futayo, Nate, Muneshige and Gin. At least if they stick with what the anime has covered.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:

I'd say for Horizon the best choices would be Futayo, Nate, Muneshige and Gin. At least if they stick with what the anime has covered.

Futayo and Nate seem like shoe-ins, they'd be first in line in any game that decided to use Horizon characters. Well, for most combat. If it was, say, a flight game of some sort, obviously they'd use Malga and Margot (whereas they'd be only slightly better choices than Toori for a typical fighting game).
AnimeDuelist15

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote
As long as there is Index/Railgun I will be happy.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2