• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Dandy Anime's 2nd Teaser Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danilo07

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
I cant wait to see this,everything looks so beautifully animated!I hope this show becomes popular,since there seems to a a lot of money invested in it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
That was fabulous
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Man, you guys should have seen the Twitter action on this last night. It was actually posted on Toonami's Tumblr a few minutes before it aired on TV during Naruto, and since this is the last night of the original Naruto on Toonami before the Shippuden switch in January, a LOT of people were tuned in and watching, so a lot of people saw the Space Dandy promo. In fact, I think that people ended up getting more psyched for the promo than for the show it was played during. Anime hyper
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Space Dandy itself looks great, which isn't a surprise for anyone, but I personally dislike the fact they're name-dropping other shows (besides Cowboy Bebop, obviously) that don't really have any significant staff connections. Just being from the same animation studio doesn't mean much of anything. "Creators" should refer to actual individuals in important positions, and not just the fact they're all series animated by Bones or which might share animators/character designers and other support staff. Not to mention that Fullmetal Alchemist and Soul Eater are both adaptations.

Yes, I know this is simply standard promotional practice, but I don't have to like it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Redline got mixed up in Crusher Joe and Space Adventure Cobra.
happymoose

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:20 pm Reply with quote
snip

Last edited by happymoose on Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:24 pm Reply with quote
It looks like one of the craziest things I've ever seen. In a good way.

Quote:
he's actually an alien that lives on the star Betelgeuse

Not just somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
I can't freaking wait for this, sucks I recently found out I no longer have cable though.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:34 pm Reply with quote
So hype. Very Happy

Now we just need a dub cast.

EDIT: I listened to the trailer again, this time with my headphones on. There isn't any spoken dialog, but you can make out some grunting noises. They don't sound Japanese, so I can only assume the clips are from the dub.

If you pay close attention to :10 and :14, Dandy's voice sounds very similar to either Patrick Seitz or Ian Sinclair. It's still just guesswork at this point, but I'm leaning towards Seitz being the English voice of our hero for the time being.
daichi383

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:38 pm Reply with quote
nightjuan wrote:
Space Dandy itself looks great, which isn't a surprise for anyone, but I personally dislike the fact they're name-dropping other shows (besides Cowboy Bebop, obviously) that don't really have any significant staff connections. Just being from the same animation studio doesn't mean much of anything. "Creators" should refer to actual individuals in important positions, and not just the fact they're all series animated by Bones or which might share animators/character designers and other support staff. Not to mention that Fullmetal Alchemist and Soul Eater are both adaptations.

Yes, I know this is simply standard promotional practice, but I don't have to like it.

I would usually agree with this but in this case i don't think it matters. Besides i don't think it's fair to downplay the involvement of the whole animation staff here since Bones generally tend to always deliver on that department and their guys always tend to gravitate back to the studio even after they go freelance.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Can't freaking wait for this!
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
CCharmanderK wrote:
Man, you guys should have seen the Twitter action on this last night. It was actually posted on Toonami's Tumblr a few minutes before it aired on TV during Naruto, and since this is the last night of the original Naruto on Toonami before the Shippuden switch in January, a LOT of people were tuned in and watching, so a lot of people saw the Space Dandy promo. In fact, I think that people ended up getting more psyched for the promo than for the show it was played during. Anime hyper

I was psyched up during Naruto, considering that this was the last episode of its current run. We're not normally used to them showing new promos outside of Bleach (within Bleach, they aired a promo for Akira, which is going to be shown next week), but considering the circumstances it definitely ended up working on this particular night.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:40 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
It looks like one of the craziest things I've ever seen. In a good way.

Quote:
he's actually an alien that lives on the star Betelgeuse

Not just somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse?

Don't say it 3 times!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1