• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Nobunaga the Fool Anime's Promo With Cast Comments Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GVman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The project will have both onstage actors and a voice cast to embody characters.

So does that mean the actors will lip-sync to the VAs from the show?
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote
Not bad I guess. For some reason, I thought the OST was pretty good but I'm not too sure about the animation yet. Going into show blind so I'm really hoping it will impress me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:24 pm Reply with quote
I don't get it; You get all lofty and call it "Eastern planet" and "Western planet" as analogies to ... the obvious ... all you want but it makes as much sense to call them that as "Left Planet" and "Right Planet". Planet Europe, Planet Japan, why not!

Quote:
Oda is the legitimate heir of the country of Owari on the Eastern Planet.

May as well...

Also, Jeanne's French and Leo's Italian {it's still in the names. They couldn't choose names/people with less localization issues? And "Kaguya"? Oh, oh, she's mixed, brilliant way to get around certain cultural problems}, originally. Luckily, everyone's speaking Japanese so we get over or ignore that barrier. Also, she's French and he's Italian but everyone on the Eastern Planet seems to be very localized, right down to the same address.

Quote:
Da Vinci is a leading figure in the Renaissance that revived the legacy of the prehistoric civilizations such as the Ikusa Yoroi (Battle Armor).

Wow, I mean, just, really, wow. That Renaissance involved art and culture, this one involves Gundams. From prehistoric ... civilizations...

With a Japanese name. On a different planet?

My head, my poor head. Can't wait to learn what bullcrap reason they recreate war machines on separate planets without a war between them. IS labeled it "a sport" so that one's out.

I haven't felt this bad for Da Vinci since Hudson Hawk.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:45 pm Reply with quote
All I hope is they don't make Jeanne some wishy-washy "fake action girl" type. Other than that, I wonder what kind of crazy ride Kawamori will bring to the table.
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Ugh I so want to believe this will be an alright mecha action space opera show, but Kawamori is just so damn weird and deliberately trying to get under the audiences skin nowadays with what he directs that it just feels like such a long shot. It legitimately hurts to see that list of mecha franchises go from Macross to Escaflowne to Aquarion with regard to mecha franchises he was heavily involved in that readout by ANN. I'm also reminded of AKB0048

If we could just have a fraction of the guy that helped give us Escaflowne for example....well I'll check out a few episodes but if it just gets to weird and "fake mecha" in it's focus I'll probably bug out by episode 5. One thing for certain is that there's a guaranteed love triangle focus between Nobunaga, Jeanne D'Arc and the Princess there. That series tagline isn't giving me much hope either and Chihara Minori as a major character usually ends up being a bad sign in an action series with Horizon being the one real exception I can think of off the top of my head.
Momokochan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
I cringed quite a lot reading this. I love my shoujo and all but don't touch my Jeanne d'Arc tho. I can understand other girls being passive and normative, but not Jeanne come on. She would had broken Oda Nobunaga's neck in the name of God and all it's Saint and we all kno dat.
I must admit that the adaptation of Henry the Fifth by Aya Kanno did a much better adaptation of Joan
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:32 pm Reply with quote
atleast Nobunaga is not a moe girl.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1