• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sci Fi to Air Ghost in the Shell's Solid State Society, Noein, Tokko

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nightfall

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 3:57 am Reply with quote
well this is certainly ONE way to draw in viewership.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Vekou

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:03 am Reply with quote
Very interesting...
chicogrande

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:19 am Reply with quote
Oh, goody. We get to see it with commercials! Wink
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:35 am Reply with quote
Commercials add to the drama!

I'm glad SSS is being shown on TV, I hope a lot of people watch this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
nicomorr

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 4:47 am Reply with quote
chicogrande wrote:
Oh, goody. We get to see it with commercials! Wink

You're lucky you get to see it at all! Speaking from the UK, duh, moans.

Wonder how they'll present it - Bandai DVD subbed/dubbed ....??

Nico M Cool
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:20 am Reply with quote
That's one way of opening the "AniMonday" block with a bang. Premiere a highly anticipated anime movie.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:27 am Reply with quote
Now one must wonder just how Sci-Fi Channel will treat these anime in terms of editing, given their obscene hypersensitivity. I'm not usually one to throw up apocalyptic warnings about "butchering," but I get leery when a channel actually deems it necessary to edit a mushroom cloud out of a Godzilla movie because it's "too graphic." Neutral
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 6:58 am Reply with quote
I still have faith in Sci-Fi Channel. I saw my first anime on there too. "Armitage 3: Poly-Matrix".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
pi8you

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:38 am Reply with quote
Wow! Go Sci-Fi for nabbing a killer lineup to premier their block. I don't think Tokko's the best choice off the bat, but it was still pretty solid. I'd rather have a darker story that was in more of a sci-fi vein like Texhnolyze, Ergo Proxy, or Divergence Eve(though this one would probably attract all sorts of unwanted attention). Here's to hoping they get good numbers, don't let the censors run wild, and not give us the exact same Macross Plus airing from waaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day(along with Armitage and a number of others).
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 7:57 am Reply with quote
What does it mean that "Noein, Tokko and Macross Pluss will air June 18 and again on June 25"? They're series, they can't be aired in a single day. Are these the first two showing of a serialization?

Nagisa wrote:
Now one must wonder just how Sci-Fi Channel will treat these anime in terms of editing, given their obscene hypersensitivity. I'm not usually one to throw up apocalyptic warnings about "butchering," but I get leery when a channel actually deems it necessary to edit a mushroom cloud out of a Godzilla movie because it's "too graphic." Neutral

But...Tokko is a bloobath! How could they show it at all?

Adult Swim has gotten to the point when all they edit is truly huge torrents of blood(or do they even do that since they started using disclaimers?)...I'd hate to repeat the experience of either dealing with skittishness or choosing not to watch free anime.
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:17 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:

Thats makes me wonder, ..even if they haven't aired a Big G movie in like forever..
haruhifan1200

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:02 am Reply with quote
ryusaki wrote:
Nagisa wrote:

Thats makes me wonder, ..even if they haven't aired a Big G movie in like forever..

I'm not too worried. It seems that the FCC is getting less strict than the used to be. I mean, if they can let Naruto get away with some blood-spill at primetime, it seems that they wouldn't edit too much on a show airing on a channel where little children are not the targeted audience, and at 11:00 pm even.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:17 am Reply with quote
haruhifan1200 wrote:
ryusaki wrote:
Nagisa wrote:

I'm not too worried. It seems that the FCC is getting less strict than the used to be. I mean, if they can let Naruto get away with some blood-spill at primetime, it seems that they wouldn't edit too much on a show airing on a channel where little children are not the targeted audience, and at 11:00 pm even.

Example: Afro Samurai on SpikeTV. Had cussing and lots of blood. It was on late, and was directed at an adult audience. I wonder if this means they could air that infamous near-beginning scene from "End of Evangelion" unedited?
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:18 am Reply with quote
Fronzel wrote:

I assume that any edits made to Tokko (or any show for that matter) will probably be the same as [AS] considering they have to follow the same rules seeing as there both playing in nearly the same time slot. Which for myself is ok, Blood+ wasn't butchered (at least what I've seen) and there was some pretty decent violence in the first few minutes of the series.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:29 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
I still have faith in Sci-Fi Channel. I saw my first anime on there too. "Armitage 3: Poly-Matrix".

I always thought it was pronounced Armitage: Third Question Thats why I always use III. But I am probably wrong on that.

haruhifan1200 wrote:
ryusaki wrote:
Nagisa wrote:

Yeah, have you seen some of the slash-flicks they have been playing lately. Bloods been a flying.

Deltakiral wrote:
Fronzel wrote:

I assume that any edits made to Tokko (or any show for that matter) will probably be the same as [AS] considering they have to follow the same rules seeing as there both playing in nearly the same time slot.

I am not so sure about that. I mean [as] has to deal with the fact that they are on the CN network. A channel not likely to be blocked by parents and the TVs in their kids room(bastards). If it was just up to the time slot then on Sat late night [as] could show completly unedited anime and non-anime(if they choose), seeing as Comedy Central shows completly unedited comedy. Even using George Carlin's favorite seven words. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4