• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Attorney Bout

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Southkaio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Will Jack Bros. get an anime television series?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
I would like to mention that the Child of Light demo is amazing and definitely looks like a great game that's worth your time.

Tales of Zestiria/Xillia 2: What is it with you and names exactly, Todd? You can't go one article that has Tales in it without talking about names? Confused

Anyway, regarding Zestiria, I'm disappointed to hear that dragons are referred to as "so-called Apostles of Destruction", according to Famitsu Magazine. If dragons are going to have an ultimately antagonistic role in this game, it's going to lose points with me, even if it is a Tales game. I'm hopeful though; the "so-called" portion could mean there's more to this than what's presented and if there's one thing Tales is known for, it's turning most typical RPG tropes on their ears.

As for Xillia 2, I hope any Tales fans here like myself have already put pre-order money down on the Xillia 2 CE. I imagine after the official announcement, GameStop is at their limit with taking pre-orders for them. I remember how fast Xillia's CE went sold out (literally the day after it was announced when I went to pre-order it). It's insane how fast these things go, but it tells you people want it.

Also Available: Nice to see Kemco releasing their stuff on the 3DS. I'm quite partial to their mobile RPGs, even though they really need a better proofreader for their scripts and it seems their typesetter isn't exactly the best guy for the job. I wish they would release Alphadia V here, but I guess the game is too old for a release on iOS now (note: it's only two years as of this time).
victor viper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I never really imagined that Pengo would get a modern updating. Back in the day I really liked that game; getting the 10,000 point bonus from lining up the diamond blocks was awesome!
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't Steins;Gate from JAST come out next week? Though the LE edition has been out for awhile I believe.
Jave

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Surprised Disney didn't sue over the name "Jack Skellington" I mean Jack Skelton. Wink

Also surprised we're gettin' SAO. Problem with the PSP in America was half the good games for it were all anime titles which unless it was Naruto or Dragonball no one bothered to bring over. Nice to see we're getting at least a few anime titles in the west now with SAO and JoJo
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:20 pm Reply with quote
xillia 2 CE is 130 not 150.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Jack Frost is a character in Snowboard Kids as well.
But after the unfortunate DS game, Atlus doesn't want to touch the series again. It really sucks, because Snowboard Kids is one of my favorite games of all time, and my favorite racing game. And they never released it on the virtual console! Give Jack Frost a little love in his natural habitat- the snow! Very Happy
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:39 am Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
As for Xillia 2, I hope any Tales fans here like myself have already put pre-order money down on the Xillia 2 CE. I imagine after the official announcement, GameStop is at their limit with taking pre-orders for them. I remember how fast Xillia's CE went sold out (literally the day after it was announced when I went to pre-order it). It's insane how fast these things go, but it tells you people want it.

Really? In my area, they still had CE copies available for non-preorders when it came out. People in my area aren't big on paying twice the price of a game just for some stupid trinkets. Yeah, the OST and the compact would be nice, but the rest of that is junk to me. I'll stick with my already over-priced game, I'm not doubling that price.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Really? In my area, they still had CE copies available for non-preorders when it came out. People in my area aren't big on paying twice the price of a game just for some stupid trinkets. Yeah, the OST and the compact would be nice, but the rest of that is junk to me. I'll stick with my already over-priced game, I'm not doubling that price.

Yeah really. It's especially crazy how quickly the online pre-orders are scooped up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1