• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hatsune Miku & Pharrell Williams Rock Out Anime-Style In Murakami Music Vid

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZanraiKid

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:50 am Reply with quote
Gee, I sure like Pharrell Williams and what he's done for music in the past year. Despite the fact he appeared on "Blurred Lines", his involvement was limited, and he more than made up for it with "Get Lucky" and "Happy". I wonder how he can become even more of an interesting figurehead in culture and music.

-7 minutes later-

Shocked
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
Don't forget "Let me finish" Kanye as well. You have to admit this is an odd collaboration but hell if Lady Gaga can hail in Miku then why not. Not a bad vid but Miku's voice is killing my ears. Unfortunately I won't be able to share this because I'm surrounded by boring everyday people. Coolness to Pharrell. Will we see him popping up more in anime? Only the future can tell.
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
The beat was fine but just doesn't fit with the original track.
Student no.0

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
That was fun to watch. Made me feel more open to CGI anime if it continues to grow and get better.
KidaYuki

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
man those last words were very quite, here lets turn it up load to hear it........ "Oyasu(mi?)" Good night >.> I see what you did there.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Pharrell Williams "Happy" is currently #5 on the Top 20 of Japan Billboard Hot 100 (2014/05/12):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS91YleWN8I#t=4m30s
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Wow that is totally unexpected. Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Seiru

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
The song was nice.It was calm but it was still pretty nice.What I really liked the most of the video though was the close up of Miku's face and her expressions on those times.I really liked how they made her eyes and her expression real cute.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:24 pm Reply with quote
ZanraiKid wrote:
Gee, I sure like Pharrell Williams and what he's done for music in the past year. Despite the fact he appeared on "Blurred Lines", his involvement was limited, and he more than made up for it with "Get Lucky" and "Happy". I wonder how he can become even more of an interesting figurehead in culture and music.

-7 minutes later-

Shocked

I'm surprised he's just now getting so much attention. Not counting his own projects, Pharrell's been making hits for almost 20 years now. Everything that guy touches turns to gold.
edito

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:27 pm Reply with quote
That remix is great and all, but the best part is watching little animated Pharrell dance. That's goddamn adorable.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
I'm surprised he's just now getting so much attention. Not counting his own projects, Pharrell's been making hits for almost 20 years now. Everything that guy touches turns to gold.

Yup yup. A lot of his of his own stuff doesn't get any real promotion though. Every N*E*R*D* album has ranged from good to amazing but they never really get recognition. Maybe their next one will now or people will go back and discover them. They've all had stuff that kinda blows "Happy" completely out of the water.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Freakmasta wrote:
The beat was fine but just doesn't fit with the original track.
This. I'm not so sure Last Night, Good Night was a good choice to remix like this. it sounds like the audio equivalent of trying to push a square peg into a oval hole, but the visuals were great. That flying stage doesn't much look like a Star Feet Star Ship. No not at all. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1