• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hunter x Hunter Anime's Election Arc Cast Announced

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Veniamin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Excellent. everything is animated now.
dannphou

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Aren't they like REALLY close to the manga? And yet they are still animating?
Zags

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:28 pm Reply with quote
dannphou wrote:
Aren't they like REALLY close to the manga? And yet they are still animating?

Yea but the manga did finish this next arc and that's about it. And honestly it does provide some good closure for the anime's run considering spoiler[Gon finally meets Ging, which is what his goal was from the beginning].

Should be a good final arc for the anime and the manga coming back in the next couple weeks will hopefully give them more arcs to come back and animate in the future.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:29 pm Reply with quote
And still no license by anyone outside the Crunchyroll streams. 3 years and nobody wants this despite it being relatively popular? Sad
Zags

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:33 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
And still no license by anyone outside the Crunchyroll streams. 3 years and nobody wants this despite it being relatively popular? Sad

I know right. If it got licensed for a North American release I would definitely pick it up.

Although considering how the licensing of the original series went, maybe we're better off....
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
All I've heard is someone got the rights (because Viz couldn't license it) and they haven't said anything on it. Who is anyone's guess. I'd hope we find out at some point because it's insane that three years have passed without a single peep from anyone.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
So a 15+ episode arc end then we are bust i guess.
Ova episodes in 2016+ here i come.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Zags:
Quote:
I know right. If it got licensed for a North American release I would definitely pick it up.

That's what people said about the last Hunter x Hunter anime, hence why the new one didn't get picked up.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 1:46 pm Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
So a 15+ episode arc end then we are bust i guess.
Ova episodes in 2016+ here i come.

I think it will likely conclude by October/Fall. I'm expecting 13 episodes for a full 1 cour.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
roseversailles

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Insanely excited for this!

I've been digesting Hunter x Hunter for the last two months and have completely caught up (130 episodes in two months is a new record for me), and am extremely worried about it ending. Although it sounds like the Election Arc provides a decent ending point, the fact that Togashi is set to write more leaves me wondering if the anime will resume once enough material has been established. As actual tv material, not OVA? I second suggestions others have made in the past that Togashi should just become a story/script consultant for the tv show, so it can continue without a big gap in production rate.

Also, color me excited for the return of Takahashi! Though I'm partial to Namikawa's Hisoka, Takahashi was really talented too (loved how theatrical he was in the stage musicals), and I've heard lots of buzz around Pariston. Bring on July 8th!

On that note....

Is Hunter x Hunter really not licensed? I thought I saw somewhere that it was... Is it a really expensive license or with a tangled estate (like Sailor Moon was), or is there not enough demand for it (can't imagine it's the last one)? Really perplexed as to why no one ever picked it up. I could see Funimation handling it, since they've done so with other long-running shounen in the past...
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
roseversailles wrote:
Is Hunter x Hunter really not licensed? I thought I saw somewhere that it was...

Well, the 1999 series was licensed and released (albeit minus the OVAs), so that's likely what you saw.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Doesn't that list spoil spoiler[Kite's return] for those of us that haven't read the manga? I haven't read the manga, but I already had that spoiled for me in the Crunchyroll episode comments months ago.

Emerje
ParkerALx

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Excellent to see the Election Arc confirmed. The HxH anime must be pulling in the right numbers to justify more episodes, and with the manga returning we might get a continuation in the future, similar to Fairy Tale.

As others have said, someone needs to license this show already. The first series sold poorly in the States because Viz marketed it wrong, giving it a lackluster dub and licensing it years after it was relevant. The 2011 series has had much better exposure.

Hiroki Takahashi will make a great Pariston. His Hisoka voice was quite good in the first anime series and should fit Pariston just as well with a little tweaking.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Parker: Hunter x Hunter did badly here, because it's not Yu Yu Hakusho. Just like One Piece makes only a fraction of Japan's sales here, because it's not DB or Naruto. That, and the fans who do watch shows like HxH and OP are more likely to pirate them than pay for them legally, while wondering why they're not more successful in the U.S. Rolling Eyes
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 7:19 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was mentioned somewhere awhile back that someone did grab the series preventing viz from getting it but for some reason weren't saying anything about it.

I really hope some tries to do it this year because I honestly would like to buy this series.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2