• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Shirogane no Ishi Argevollen Anime's TV Ad Previews Kotoko's Song

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:15 am Reply with quote
Well, I'll be looking forward to this and Aldnoah.Zero this summer
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ranho

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:27 am Reply with quote
I'm confused. The art looks simultaneously "meh" and great-looking. I think it's because the characters are designed in such a way that you can already tell their personalities. Hell, even the character dynamics look obvious (they paired that feisty-looking blonde chick with a typical laid-back looking dude, something that has been done in M3, FMA: Brotherhood, etc. Too obvious a combo).

Will give it a watch because it looks good, though that MC already looks like his "choices" will annoy me (his "moe" love interest doesn't help matters... Hikari and Manaka much?).

Also as an aside is Stark700 God or something? The guy's like omnipresent or some shit, lording over this site and MAL discussions with a single sentence declaration. Amazing (you should see his anime list. If you think you're a veteran of anime think again)!
Dian Z

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
All of the guys' hair are kind of... spikey, in one way or another.
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:56 am Reply with quote
The art looks average and the story doesn't really catch much of my attention, I'll watch it without expecting anything at first glance. Given the staff and all that pizzazz, I want a little dose of nudity and some kick-off mecha battles. I heard the opening sounded very good so I'm very curious on how Sachika Misawa will sing the ending.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:25 pm Reply with quote
Ranho wrote:
I'm confused. The art looks simultaneously "meh" and great-looking. I think it's because the characters are designed in such a way that you can already tell their personalities.

Agreed. The character designs look, to me, look very generic.

Especially since I find that the body types for the characters look the same. Males and females...it's as if they only changed the heads and clothes, but everyone uses the same body template.

Ranho wrote:
Hell, even the character dynamics look obvious (they paired that feisty-looking blonde chick with a typical laid-back looking dude, something that has been done in M3, FMA: Brotherhood, etc. Too obvious a combo).

Just on M3, which of the two that seem closest to Emiru is the "laid back" guy? Heito, spoiler[the crazy killer guy]...or Akashi, spoiler[the uptight guy who wanted his brother dead]?

The feisty blonde/laid back guy combo isn't there...only because it is a feisty brunette/laid back guy combo in M3 spoiler[(Raika and Iwato)]. Laughing

I get your point here, and agree with you. Hopefully they throw us a curve ball and the characters act differently to how they look. Laughing
Ranho

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:28 am Reply with quote
Hah, my fault for using FMA: Brotherhood as another reference since the combo I was talking about in M3 is actually the athletic brunette and the MC's laidback friend with the headband (even in FMA: Brotherhood, Roy Mustang can't really be called laidback, though when sharing the same screen time as Riza he did seem like the laidback one).

Te-he!

I could be completely wrong about this show as I was with Hataraku Maousama, Oregairu and White Album 2 in the past (three superior series in their respective seasons) but I've just watched too many anime and can now tell when something lacks substance (was right about sooooo many shows this season it's depressing).

In my defense dat MC, though! Ugh...
Oppai_are_life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Especially since I find that the body types for the characters look the same. Males and females...it's as if they only changed the heads and clothes, but everyone uses the same body template.

You should look a bit closer. The ass shadows and breast sizes on the females are a good indicator of the subtle differences between them.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:10 pm Reply with quote
The show looks interesting, hopefully it will live up to all the flashy trailer hype. It reminds me of a different take of Gundam of Fangs of the Sun Dougram.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:21 am Reply with quote
Oppai_are_life wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

You should look a bit closer. The ass shadows and breast sizes on the females are a good indicator of the subtle differences between them.

I noticed them. Those differences are subtle for a reason, very small changes to the same template still seems generic to me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1