• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Silent Voice - Koe no Katachi Manga to End on November 12

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Damn...

I kinda knew this would eventually end though. I wonder if it will ever get an anime adaptation someday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ickybott555

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I feel like this manga has more potential if it was a live action drama than an anime. Probably because of the realistic nature of this story.
Asterisk-CGY

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Guess I should read this.
Mr_42

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
I think this is probably a good thing.

There are a great number of manga series that have been ruined by dragging themselves out into ridiculously contrived messes.

A Silent Voice is coming to its natural conclusion, We've hit the high-octane tension point now we simmer into the conclusion.

Once the volumes are released in English I'm gonna take great satisfaction in putting them on my shelves but for the moment I'm just going to be happy with a fully formed conclusion.
Lovely

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
My first reaction was "nooooooooooo!"

But then, after reading the article, it sounds like it's going to have a natural ending as opposed to the cancelation sort. I... think.

So uh, woo! I like stuff to end as long as it ends where it's supposed to Smile .
omelas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
One of the best I have read. Probably the main reason I think my subscription to Crunchyroll manga is worth it.
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Amazing manga. Totally wicked awesome. Thanks to Thaifag and his fast translations (not the best but they get the job done until more concert literal translation comes out). With how the story is unfolding it was obvious its going to end soon Sad such an awesome heartbreaking manga...
Cetais

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Lovely wrote:

But then, after reading the article, it sounds like it's going to have a natural ending as opposed to the cancelation sort. I... think.
Ever since the beginning it was announced as a short serialization.

When the third volume was out, it was already announced that there were only 3 more volumes after.
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would push the English release up, it'll be 2016 by the time I can own all of the books..
TG72

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I've really enjoyed this story and can make enough space for seven volumes. I'm not sure how big an audience an anime would draw but would love to see someone give it a try...
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Considering all the trouble they had to get through just to get the manga published, I doubt they'd be able to get an anime adaptation approved.

Still, great manga and yes, it is good that it's heading towards a conclusion rather than going on indefinitely.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:54 pm Reply with quote
I honestly can't remember how I stumbled across the existence of this manga, but it has been one that I've just been checking out reader comments on from time to time over the last few months.

The premise really interested me, and I was happy when Kodansha USA announced that they were going to be putting this one out in print. Was a series I had as a maybe, due to it being ongoing.

Will definitely be getting this one when it comes out in print next year. Many comments I read (where I tried not to spoil myself on this series too much) had been saying that it felt like it may be coming to an end. So, purely judging on those comments, it seems like they have picked a good time to wrap this one up.

Looking forward to reading this.
OH&S

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
I see we finally have a date for the conclusion. It was announced earlier that manga was planned to end soon.

I hope the mangaka can finish the series strongly. Almost every chapter of this manga has been amazing.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:14 am Reply with quote
omelas wrote:
One of the best I have read. Probably the main reason I think my subscription to Crunchyroll manga is worth it.

I have zero interest in Crunchyroll anime but am interested in their manga. Is that weird?

Koe no Katachi, great characters, good plot, average or so art; I always got the impression of muddled felt tip pen drawings from it so I'm not that interested in seeing it animated either.
zensunni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:21 am Reply with quote
This is one of the best manga I have ever read. Frankly, it is one of the best stories I have ever read.

It was fairly clear that it is approaching the end over the past few chapters. I look forward to finding out how the mangaka chooses to end the story. I would absolutely love to see this get an anime or live action adaptation. It is a powerful and extremely emotional story with fully realized, and painfully emotionally complete, characters.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2