• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Sols Streams 1st 3 Magical Star Magical Emi Episodes

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:13 pm Reply with quote
That figure looks very nice.

I don't know anything about Emi though. Is that her or her transformed self? Does the character actually look like that in the anime?
sugarwater

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:43 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:

I don't know anything about Emi though. Is that her or her transformed self? Does the character actually look like that in the anime?

The figure depicts Emi, who is the alter-ego of the young heroine, Mai. The picture to the upper right of the article shows Mai (brown hair) in front of Emi (aqua hair).

It's worth noting that the figure is a relatively faithful reproduction of an illustration by Kikuchi Michitaka (aka Asamiya Kia) who worked on the series. See here
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the info sugarwater
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:19 am Reply with quote
Kinda hoping they announce a funding plan for the show soon too. Magical Emi's one I've been hoping to get.

The figure's really nice, but it's not for me.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Are they trying to gauge interest in the series with this figure preorder? Are they just looking for big spenders? The number of people who would shell out for such an expensive figure from an old series can't be high.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:53 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:

The figure's weird because it's about lusting over what's essentially an elementary schoolgirl in an 18-yr-old body. Laughing
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:57 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
configspace wrote:

The figure's weird because it's about lusting over what's essentially an elementary schoolgirl in an 18-yr-old body. Laughing

Exactly,I';m a huge fan of this series,so I'll clear thuis up for yopu guys Anime smile

The Man character's Actual form is an 11 year old orange haired Elementry school school named Mai Kazuki,what your seeing right now in that picture figure is her disguised Transformation form,thibnk of it as Usagi's Disguised Transformation Pen. it's the same with Mahou no Tenshi Creamy Mami,infact alot of Magical girl animes in the 80's and early 90's were like that before Sailor Moon came out when a Magical girl protagonist is given a magical item to disguise herself anyway she wants too, another primne example of this is the Minky Momo franchise. Very Happy

but yes,this is a really good series and defentially worth checking out

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1