• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: North American Anime, Manga Releases, August 17-23

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Why are they even bothering with the DVDs, now that Funi has let it slip the blu rays are already on the way? I knew it was coming, but Funi insisted like always there were no plans, just like they did with Heaven's Property and Zombie Desu, and then of course once they milked people out of their money they put out the blu rays.

I mean they completely shipped it in when Rail Gun S did not even get the standard LE box of Railgun and Index I.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:29 pm Reply with quote
with kadokawa, there is no way to know when they will allow a Bu-ray release. so it's DVD only until Kadakawa gives the green light for blu-ray
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:32 pm Reply with quote
Not really a whole lot of goodies to go about this week: just another Attack on Titan spinoff that will invetably top the charts for a few months, and the SAO video game... though more Railgun is good, I guess.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:18 pm Reply with quote
Did anyone have trouble getting Tales of Xillia 2 today? Was there some sort of shortage? I tagged along with my brother to get his copy, but Walmart doesn't seem to be getting it at all anymore. Despite having an "available now" sign on the display case the associate said they didn't get it and it wasn't in their computer. On Walmart.com it's "out of stock online" with no option to check stores for availability (which is unusual). He ended up with the last copy at the local GameStop.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm so ready for that Mayo Chiki dub. Also really stoked to play Xillia 2. I beat the first one last week so it was the perfect transition from the first to the second.

Emerje wrote:
Did anyone have trouble getting Tales of Xillia 2 today? Was there some sort of shortage? I tagged along with my brother to get his copy, but Walmart doesn't seem to be getting it at all anymore. Despite having an "available now" sign on the display case the associate said they didn't get it and it wasn't in their computer. On Walmart.com it's "out of stock online" with no option to check stores for availability (which is unusual). He ended up with the last copy at the local GameStop.

Emerje

Considering it's more of a niche title, most places probably only had enough to cover pre-orders, with maybe 2-3 to spare. The GameStop I work at had plenty though.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:35 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
Considering it's more of a niche title, most places probably only had enough to cover pre-orders, with maybe 2-3 to spare. The GameStop I work at had plenty though.

Normally I'd agree with that, but the Walmart we checked had a big triangular display sign sticking out from between the cases promoting Xillia 2 as being available, but the associate said they never got any copies and it wasn't in the computer. It was also featured in this week's Best Buy flier (we didn't bother going across town to see if was in stock, website says yes) which makes it seem like it would be in better supply than most JRPGs.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:28 am Reply with quote
Yay, Tsubasa, RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE GN Omnibus 1 is out!

And, Mayo Chiki...I really wanted to love you...shouldn't have wasted that last episode...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1