• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Haikyu!! Manga, Novel Both Top Oricon's Weekly Charts

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Great news. I think season 2 is inevitable soon. I hope they announce it before the end of the year by Production I.G. again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sobe

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
SEASON TWO AND THREE PLEASE! ;D I NEED MORE! MOTO KUDASAI

Lol, come on Haruichi. You know you want at least a season two.
momopeach

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:36 pm Reply with quote
Cementing itself as a legendary series as it should be.
Also, a new season please.

Surprised it's not more popular with I-fans, but it seems like most sports anime other than Kuroko and Prince of Tennis aren't popular internationally.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
I have not read the manga and not even watched anime.

You say this is legendary, but how much it differs from many previous football (or soccer, as they say in USA) projects?

Is it even better? What the story is about? Supernatural physics and tricks, or friendship between players, or girlfriend, or what?
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
When I saw the huge photo I though "holy *** it's been licensed" but no it was telling me how fabulously it's doing in Japan, fantastic news none the less. Much like everyone else I would live to see a second season of the anime... Secretly want an English release of the manga more Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shafiq95

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
I have not read the manga and not even watched anime.

You say this is legendary, but how much it differs from many previous football (or soccer, as they say in USA) projects?

Is it even better? What the story is about? Supernatural physics and tricks, or friendship between players, or girlfriend, or what?

I think you misunderstand.. It's not a FUTBOL manga, it's a volleyball manga. Much like slam dunk, it focuses on the relation between teammates... and no , it does not have supernatural powers in the manga, everything is pure strategy
shafiq95

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:44 am Reply with quote
momopeach wrote:
Cementing itself as a legendary series as it should be.
Also, a new season please.

Surprised it's not more popular with I-fans, but it seems like most sports anime other than Kuroko and Prince of Tennis aren't popular internationally.

Bro, Do you even Slam Dunk and Captain Tsubasa??? This two are a million times popular than prince of tennis or kuroko...Slam dunk singlehandedly popularise basketball manga when the subject was a taboo, it also popularise Japaanese basket ball and even got an award for it. It's popularity worldwide reached dragon ball level....As for captain tsubasa, while not as popular as slam dunk, it was super popular in european countries, even inspiring current professional futboll players like messi and torres to take up futbol.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1