• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Done] Junko Funatsuka Kanji

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:17 am Reply with quote
Junko Funatsuka

Ok, so I started on this one expecting a split request, but I think I just need to create a new person named Junko Iizuka (飯塚 淳子), just need some nods of approval. You see, I've been getting some credits for an animator named 船塚純子, and the only way to read 船塚 is Funatsuka according to ENAMDICT. Conveniently the only Funatsuka we have in the encyclopedia is Junko here, and 純子 can be read Junko. So, horray.
However, she already has the kanji name 飯塚淳子 added, and according to ENAMDICT again, 飯塚 cannot be read as Funatsuka. The source for the reading is the Vecceed for NieA_7, and that's the only hit Dan's anime credit search engine gives for 飯塚淳子. Straight google shows a woman on facebook named Atsuko Iizuka, but I have no reason to believe it's the animator.

Here is the credit breakdown:
船塚純子
(1980) Doraemon: Nobita's Dinosaur (movie) In-Between Animation seesaa
(1980) New Gigantor (TV) In-Between Animation (ep 22) seesaa
(1981) Dr. Slump & Arale-chan Hello! Fushigi Jima (movie) In-Between Animation screenshot
(1989) Soreike! Anpanman: Kirakiraboshi no namida (movie) Key Animation seesaa
(2000) Android Kikaider - The Animation (TV) Key Animation (ep 5) vecceed
(2004) Aishiteruze Baby (TV) Key Animation (ep 9) seesaa
(2008) Someday's Dreamers II Sora (TV) Animation (eps 4, 7) seesaa
(2009) Cross Game (TV) Key Animation (ep 1) seesaa
(2011) Croisée in a Foreign Labyrinth - The Animation (TV) Key Animation (SynergySP; ep 7) seesaa
(2011) B-Daman CrossFire (TV) Key Animation (船塚純子; 8 episodes) seesaa
(2012) Initial D: Fifth Stage (TV) Key Animation (船塚純子; 5 episodes) seesaa
(2014) Initial D: Final Stage (TV) Key Animation (船塚純子; eps 2, 4) seesaa
(2014) Hanayamata (TV) Key Animation (船塚純子; eps 4, 9) seesaa
飯塚淳子
(2000) NieA_7 (TV) Key Animation vecceed
舟塚純子
(2001) Touch: Cross Road - Kaze no Yukue (special) Key Animation vecceed

So yeah. Basically if I get agreement I need an editor to hide the current kanji and replace it with the above. And I think the NieA_7 credit needs to go to another profile. Vecceed shows 飯塚淳子, which should probably be Junko Iizuka, but if somebody thinks it should be read differently or has screenshots that show 船塚純子... I kind of doubt it though, two characters are different. I have the Touch: Cross Road fansub though, and the credits to indeed read as above. That one could potentially be a mistake on the Japanese side, though 舟塚 can also be readFunatsuka. I would probably just leave it. Maybe add a note to the source or something.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Record shows both the earliest credit and the kanji name came from that NieA_7 credit -- and the only one.

Quote:
I think I just need to create a new person named Junko Iizuka (飯塚 淳子), just need some nods of approval.

Sure, just leave it to me. Done.

Quote:
That one could potentially be a mistake on the Japanese side, though 舟塚 can also be read Funatsuka.

I'd assume so, as 舟 and 船 could mean the same thing ("boat").
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Thank you, sir.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1