• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Real Drives

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
If Battletoads gets a physical release and turns out to be good I may get an Xbox One sometime along with Raiden V.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Far Cry 4 seems like the big news this week, but a Battletoads reboot? This has to be something in the vein of Double Dragon Neon. Hell, the more modern versions of the Ninja Turtles have dropped the intense focus on 'tude' in favor of actual characters. Much harder to do without their amount of backstory.
lizardking461

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's an overhead action game in the style of Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW

Um, no, not really. The second game was a dungeon crawler, this new one in an adventure game modelled after the original Zelda/ALttP.
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:01 pm Reply with quote
After Double Dragon Neon and TMNT Reshelled, any revival of some beat-em-up in modern day is met with disinterest from me. They always feel soulless and clunky. Or in a worst case scenario, we get a full budget remake like Bionic Commando did.
potatopurplexs3

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm extremely excited for Xenoblade Chronicles X. Everything they've shown about it just looks beautiful. Except the custom main character they've been using, he's kinda dopey looking.

Never thought Clannad would ever get released officially in English, but thank God it is. Clannad was my first Key/KyoAni series and it's still my favorite, so it'll be wonderful to play the original game. Kinda hope it gets released on GoG, though.

The best Pokemon, imo, is Zapdos, followed very closely by Zoroark and Darkrai.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire is a guaranteed buy for me, but the game I'm really excited for is Persona Q. I was curious over why it wasn't mentioned in this weeks column, but then I looked at my calendar: the 25th is the week after next. Oops.

That said, I'm surprised that Pokémon is coming out on a Friday and not a Saturday. It's a silly thing, but Pokémon X and Y came out on a Saturday. Having a big game released on a Saturday seems so much more convenient, considering you'd expect a player to have more free time that day.

Also kudos to Miku for her game, I guess. I don't care, really, but whatever gives people jobs with which to support their families. Very Happy
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 4:59 pm Reply with quote
Pokemon Ruby for me! I can't wait to get back to Hoenn! Yeah, so Japan, Europe, they both get a figure. What do we get? 100 potions? Really? Not even Hyper or Max, but regular old Potions? Aka those things you stop using past the first gym?

Oooh, yeah, that Wii U is looking tastier every month I must say!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:37 pm Reply with quote
It's worth noting that the PS3/Vita version of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax comes out this week.
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
It's worth noting that the PS3/Vita version of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax comes out this week.

My PS3 copy shipped earlier. Though I'm still waiting for Onechanbara to arrive…
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:10 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
My PS3 copy shipped earlier.

Same here. Fed Ex gives me an estimated delivery date of next Tuesday. I suck at fighting games but it should be fun.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, Nintendo has announced that Amiibos will be only usable in one game... So if you want to use Princess Zelda in Smash Bros, you can't use her in another game. You'll have to get a second one to do that. -_-;
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Just for the sheer fanboy campiness of it, they should stick some Xenogears and Xenosaga cameos in Xenoblade Chronicles X. :D
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Still hoping for a new Metroid? I'm sorry but I'm done wanting certain titles and just willing to accept what comes my way for better or for worse. I can't help it personal messages in news articles make me cringe to no end and it keeps happening especially with the X Button.

mewpudding101 wrote:
Unfortunately, Nintendo has announced that Amiibos will be only usable in one game... So if you want to use Princess Zelda in Smash Bros, you can't use her in another game. You'll have to get a second one to do that. -_-;
No, you can still use them to unlock stuff but you can't use them in two games simultaneously (whatever comes out after Smash Bros.) and yeah I'm upset too as that's something that Skylanders and Disney Infinity are capable of (however every title in the two franchises is similar).

New Battletoads from Microsoft? I'm very curious, they've constantly offended people when they've done something with Rare's properties. Battletoads is a weird beast to tackle in this day and age and am curious what they'll do with it...if they do something. All I know is that someone will be offended.
Levitz9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:08 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:

mewpudding101 wrote:

No, you can still use them to unlock stuff but you can't use them in two games simultaneously (whatever comes out after Smash Bros.) and yeah I'm upset too as that's something that Skylanders and Disney Infinity are capable of (however every title in the two franchises is similar).

Huh, weird that Nintendo would do that. Even Disney, cash-grabbers that they are, haven't stooped that low. I guess it's not Nintendo if there isn't a step backwards somewhere. I mean, let's be honest: cool as the Amiibo are, they've only got functionality in... what, three games?

I really hope Nintendo comes out with something cool for them, really I do.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:18 am Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:

If Battletoads gets a physical release and turns out to be good I may get an Xbox One sometime along with Raiden V.

Hopefully not as cruelly difficult as the original.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3