• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:37 am Reply with quote
-----------------------------------

Last edited by fighterholic on Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:40 pm; edited 5 times in total
Darknight55

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:51 am Reply with quote
Name: Andrew... how boring

Sex:Male

Location Somewhere in CALI FORN I A

Religion: The only religion I find myself gravitating towards would be Taoism...

Drink/Smoke: Nah....

Likes: Deep and meaningful conversations, (Which I haven't had a lot of in my life *sigh), the wonderful game of go, Web boggle, classic literature, pondering philosophy (which is basically me reasoning how philosophy is utterly useless because it teaches you nothing except how to be pretentious and condescending towards others), playing piano guitar and harmonica, and listening to diverse, cool music

Dislikes: Phonies, people who try to force their lifestyle upon others instead of letting them choose for themselves, all the hatred in the world...

Favorite Anime: Haibane Renmei, Windy Tales, Kino no Tabi, Serial Experiments Lain

Favorite Manga: I don't read it... its too comic bookish for my tastes,

Favorite Game: Okami, DDR

Favorite Drink: Juice squeeze... oh god those things are good.....

Favorite Food: Three words - French Bread Pizzas

Favorite Sport: Swimming (I'm on a swim team)

Favorite Music: Oh god... my collection is so diverse... I like death metal a lot, not standard cookie monster crap but melodeath like Opeth, Dark Tranquility, In Flames, Agalloch... I also love prog metal a la Tool... Classic rock is a must too - I love Jackson Browne, The Eagles, Pink Floyd, Santana, Creedance Clearwater Revival... Jazz and blues - B. B. King, Miles Davis, Coltrane, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holliday, Louis Armstrong... and World Music - especially Anouar Brahem ... he's a GOD on the Turkish oud...

Fun Facts about me: Uhhh... at times i can be really random and hyper... i guess you could call that "fun" Very Happy
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:56 am Reply with quote
How fun, I think this should replace the introduce yourself sticky. The first three questions are obvious from my posts.

Name: Randall Miyashiro

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Hermit Status

Age: Old enough to run for the next Presidential election

Avatar: This is an image from the third half hour episode of a comedy series that I helped out on (wrote, directed edited various episodes) which ran on cable access.

Religion: Humanist

Drink/Smoke: Bartender by profession/ No on smoking

Likes: Staying in my room which is a library/entertainment center with toys, models and figures on all shelves.

Dislikes: Made up facts and statistics. Rumors.

Favorite anime: Planetes, R.O.D., Berserk, Patlabor, Figure 17, Boogiepop Phantom, Zeta Gundam, Ergo Proxy, Crest/Banner of the Stars, Area 88, Noein, Wolf's Rain, anything by Yoshikazu Yasuhiko, Satoshi Kon, Makoto Shinkai, or Rintaro. I have so many favorites, but my profile is public and I have around 500 titles listed. My DVD collection has surpassed 1300 anime DVDs.

Favorite books: Hyperion (all four books), Miles Vorkosigan series, anything by Steven Brust, anything by Guy Gavriel Kay, Fire Upon the Deep, Deepness in the Sky, Song of Ice and FIre (I just spent $410 for the lettered edition "R" 1 of 52 of Feast for Crows! I don't want to think how much I've spent by the time the 7th book is released), The Skolian Empire novels, Kage Baker's Company novels, anything by Neil Gaiman, Snow Crash, anything by Tim Powers. My list goes on forever since I worked at Borders for many years and used to be a Hugo voter.

Interesting facts: A 7 minute film that I edited and worked on with my roommates (a bunch of film grads) will be screening at the Landmark Embarcadero Theater along with 11 other short films this Thursday. I can't believe that they only gave our house two tickets, the rest of us have to pay $9! I was hoping that this was one of the Landmark Theaters to have Paprika because it would be cool to have my movie played in the same theater as Satoshi Kon! If you live in the city check us out, I'll be at the 9PM showing!

You can check us out at http://www.newcaliforniaproductions.com/

This will take you to a link to our Myspace site for now until we get our stuff archived onto the site. From there you can find my profile as well, which has more images (many animated images of me!) from our older stuff.

Last edited by Randall Miyashiro on Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
hentai4me

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:01 am Reply with quote
Name: Alexander Hugh Sanmore
Marital Status: Widower
Religion: Atheist, Postmodernist
Drink/Smoke: Neither, I get aggressive when I drink (not good considering my hobbies) and I dislike the taste. I fail to see any point in smoking hence I don't.
Favourite Music: Progressive Metal, Progressive Rock, Classical, Orchestral, Operatic, Gregorian, Choral, Tribal.
Favourite Sports: Boxing, MMA, any Combat Sports, Rugby
Favourite Games: I don't really...but I did quite enjoy Final Fantasy 7 and 8.
Favourite Anime: Haibane Renmei, Serial Experiments Lain, Texhnolyze, Gunslinger Girl.
Job: Managing Director of a regional office of a small electricians company.
Favourite Manga: Saikano, Gunslinger Girl.
Likes: Martial arts, ancient and medieval history, studying and training in historical European martial forms, Cute things.
Dislikes: Rap/Hip Hop/etc, people with such firmly entrenched views they cannot see or will not even attempt to understand another viewpoint.
Fun Facts: 2nd Dan in Jujutsu, 1st Dan in Tae Kwon Do, Studying Ringnecks works on Lichtenauer's Medieval fencing methods,
Tortoiseshell Tabby Girl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:01 am Reply with quote
LilacShadow wrote:
Me and one of my cats, Patrick[/url]
[url=http://www.maj.com/gallery/LilacShadow/Pics/Me/meandbendyxd.jpg]

Aww, even though your cat is a boy (at least, I'm assuming so since its name is Patrick), he looks like one of my girl cats who lived to be about seventeen or eighteen years old. I had to say goodbye to her in December. She's the "Tabby" in my username. Give your kitties lots of loves and hugs! Anime catgrin

dormcat wrote:
1. She is not a full-time columnist. Both she and I are biologists.

Cool! One of my best friends is both an anime fan and a biologist, too! Ani-bios rock! Very Happy

fighterholic wrote:
Fun facts about fighterholic: I lived in Japan for nine years and graduated from Japapese high school, the first Non-Japanese western student to do so from my school.

That's awesome! No wonder you can read the original Fruits Basket. I wonder if this would make my brother jealous or not--he was a history major and his main topic of interest is Japanese history and he still hasn't been able to go to Japan. Crying or Very sad
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:48 am Reply with quote
Name: Zac Bertschy

Marital Status: Newly single, completely disinterested

Religion: Atheist

Drink/Smoke: Career Alcoholic / sometimes

Dislikes: Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

Favorite Anime: Fancy Lala, Sailor Moon, Pretty Cure, Cardcaptor Sakura

Favorite Manga: Nymphet

Favorite Game: Nymphet: The game

Favorite Drink: Cape Cod, double

Favorite Food: who cares? why does this even matter?

Favorite Sport: go to hell

Favorite Music: Celine Dion, Kelly Clarkson

Fun Facts about me: go to hell
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:51 am Reply with quote
Name: Scott Riley

Marital Status: Single

Religion: Agnostic

Drink/Smoke: Drink occasionally. Do not smoke.

Likes: Video games, anime, roller coasters, computers, browsing websites, loli, Halko momoi, Ryoko Shintani, living life to the fullest.

Dislikes: War, homework, rudeness.

Favorite anime: Galaxy Angel, When they Cry, Welcome to the NHK, Rumbling Hearts, Nurse Witch Komugi.

Favorite game: Sonic the Hedgehog, Disgaea, Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Super Smash Bros., Warioware, Legend of Zelda series.

Favorite Drink: Mostly anything.

Favorite Foods: I don't really have a favorite food. Just as long as my meal plan has variety, I will eat almost anything.

Favorite Music: Mostly high pitched vocals with techno/rock. I love UNDER17, Halko Momoi, Sweets Tankentai, MOSAIC.WAV, Yuria, KOTOKO, Ryoko Shintani, Clover, yozuca, Minami Kuribayashi, Hironobu Kageyama, Funta, Nana Mizuki, Ali Project, Yukari Tamura, JAM Project, Atsuko Enomoto, and more. And yes, it is all Japanese. I am very much a Japanophile.

Fun facts: Uh... something that may surprise people. Back in elementary/middle school I was infamous for being a trouble maker. I got skittles banned from my middle school and have locked one of my teachers inside a closet as well as kicked the principal of my elementary school. I was voted most unique in my middle school. I've changed a lot since then though.

Pictures:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/PantsgoblinX/me2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/PantsgoblinX/me1.jpg

Last edited by PantsGoblin on Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:43 am; edited 7 times in total
masaki-baby

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:51 am Reply with quote
meh, why not

Name: Emily (that’s all you get ~ )
Marital Status: In a relationship~ but not married.
Religion: I guess I consider my self a liberal Christian. I believe in god but I don’t really believe in what the bible says about some stuff, like going to hell over stupid stuff like homosexuality and masturbation. I think god has more important concerns then what consensual acts you do behind closed doors.
Drink/Smoke: No, never have, I don’t think I could ever bring my self to.
Favorite Music: J- music (pop, rock, indies) way to many artists to list, some disco and one hit wonders from the 80's as well as some 90’s pop.
Favorite Sports: I don’t really like sports... kind of boring....<<;
Favorite Games: Final Fantasy 7-8, Phoenix Wright/ Gyakuten Saiban, Katamari Damacy, Trauma Center, random weird games for the wii and DS.
Favorite Anime: Ranma, Utena, Chobits, Naruto, FMA, Fruits Baskets, Loveless, Ouran High School Host Club, Death Note, Saiunkoku Monogatari.
Favorite Manga: After School Nightmare, (Houkago Hokenshitsu) The Embalmer, ( Shigeshoshi) Hana Kimi.
Job: Graduated with LPN nurses degree currently looking for a job as one ^^;
Likes: the obvious anime/ manga, but also, Japanese dorama, boys love, Japanese variety shows, Johnny’s( I’m embarrassed to admit that one -_- ), mst3k, myth busters.
Dislikes: Racist/homophobic people, people who complain alot *cough*whinyanimefans*cough*, stupidity.
Fun Facts: um, I’m semi related to the actor Steve Zahn, if any one knows who he is (he was in daddy day care) He’s my mom’s cousin, cousin. I met his mom, ( wee impressive~) my mom actually got his autograph at one of her relatives funeral which he was attending as well. ( I don’t know how appropriate that was..<<; )
I also am a nurse and have trained at a hospital but have never stayed in one as a patient my self.
jetz

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:40 am Reply with quote
I'll bite

Name: jetz here and in other forums(jet is what family and friends call me, plus the first letter of my surname), but my real name is Yvette
Religion: Catholic
Drink/Smoke: Never
Favorite Music: Since I'm very musically-inclined, I listen to almost everything.. except country. And I listen to a lot of rock music
Favorite Sports: I don't play sports but I watch basketball.. And in school I love to watch Softball and Volleyball
Favorite Games: FF7, FFX, Harvest Moon, Suikoden series
Favorite Anime: Yu Yu Hakusho, Fushigi Yuugi, Marimite (all), Honey and Clover (I and II), Ouran High School Host Club, Chrono Crusade, Samurai Champloo
Favorite Manga: I don't read a lot of manga.. So I'll say Genshiken
Job: I'm still studying.. It's my 4th and hopefully last year in college.. Currently taking pre-law
Dislikes: airheads, rich snobs, show offs
Fun Facts: erm..
Arrow I'm 12.5% Chinese, but it looks like I'm more Chinese than Filipino.. But then again people think I'm Japanese or Korean..
Arrow I have scoliosis
Arrow I don't really have fun facts about me
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:47 am Reply with quote
Name: Dominic K. Laeno

Marital Status: Eternally single

Religion: Not sure

Drink/Smoke: Don’t do either

Dislikes: Being bored and/or unentertained

Favorite anime: The Girl who Leapt Through Time, Kaleido Star, Monster

Favorite Manga: Monster, Crying Freeman… yeah, I don’t read a lot of manga

Favorite game: Resident Evil 4, F-Zero GX, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Favorite Drink: Coke

Favorite Foods: Cheap fast food… I really like Chicken McNuggets

Favorite Handgun: N/A

Favorite Sport: N/A

Favorite Music: Heavy rock music… but I also like cheesy 90s rap songs. Actually, I listen to whatever

Fun facts about DKL:

-Born in the US, lived in the Philippines for a decade, moved back to the US 2 years ago
-Staff reviewer for themanime.org (but doesn’t actually write)
-Anti-social with surprisingly good social and public speaking skills
-Spends 90% of time indoors
-Spends 30% of time procrastinating
-Usually too lazy to make own food
-Used to work at an anime shop, but took a $500 bribe from parents to stop working (don’t tell my boss)

Pictures: No known pictures exist

================================

Wow…

What an extravagant lifestyle I lead.
Amasa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 6:02 am Reply with quote
Name: Just PM me if you're desperate to know.
Location: Obihiro, Japan but I will return to Perth, Australia in 8 months.
Religion: Agnostic and I love discussing religion and learning about it.
Drink/Smoke: I'm pretty much allergic to beer. I love cigarette smoke and I regret to say that I think I will end up smoking, I love the smell too much and I love watching people smoke.
Likes: Books, mainly philosophy and fantasy. My favorite books are The Wheel of Time (series), by Robert Jordan and The Outsider by Albert Camus. Music, usually Indie music (I love every Matador band) but love all genres except that kind where all they do is shout. My favorite bands are Yo La Tengo, And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead... (yes that's the name). Film, whatever's fun or experimental. My favorite films are Elephant, Samsara. Learning, I love learning everything about anything. Nature, untamed nature beats any form of entertainment. People who are so weird that they end up being normal and make me look weird thinking they're weird (if that makes any sense), anyway I love people who are so socially offbeat that people are just like WTF?!
Dislikes: I dislike a lot of things, too many to list so I'll just name the one thing I absolutely hate. That's narrow-mindedness, ignorance and intolerance all bundled up into one absolute ****. Ughh....
Favorite anime: Azumanga Daioh, Windy Tales, Red Garden, Haibane Renmei and Honey and Clover.
Favorite Manga: Nausicaa of The Valley of the Wind.
Favorite game: Heroes of Might and Magic and the whole collection <3
Favorite Drink: Water. Seriously I love water.
Favorite Foods: Cherries. I've eaten over a kilogram of cherries in one sitting. I got sick, then started eating more. It's just they're so expensive in Australia so I try to eat as many as possible when I can.
Favorite Sport: Erm... is Kyuudo a sport? I hate most sport and for a very good reason.
Fears:[b] Turning into a stereotype.
[b]Life Goals:
I want to write a book, in fact I've already started but I won't be finished for another few years at least until I finish Uni. At university I intend to study a full Bachelor of Arts with units in Philosophy, Anthropology, European Studies and maybe Linguistics. One day I'd also like to teach.
Fun facts about Amasa:
This could be potentially dangerous Confused Here goes...
I love ants. I love it when ants crawl on me. My family is Greek Orthodox. I'm an exchange student in Japan. I have blue eyes with a big blob of brown in my right eye (or is it my left eye? Oh crap I forgot!). I like to eat in bed. I'm most happy when it's above 35 degrees Celcius. I hate it when people complain about heat. I hate rain. I'm really bad in "About Me" forum features Razz.

Last edited by Amasa on Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
voddas

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:44 am Reply with quote
Why not....

Name:James (but most people call me Voddas(nickname from time long past))

Sex:Male

Location:ENGLAND. North West to be precise. We have a lot of lakes.

Marital status:In a relationship. Great lass but not so keen on the anime Sad

Religion:None I'm awair of though wouldn't mind jedi powers Wink

Drink/Smoke:Must say I do like the occasional drink, and yes I do smoke. "cough" "cough"

Likes:I won't say the obviouse. I love my movies ALOT, also like games, my PC and surfing the web for anything I don't already know. Gotta love the net for random yet interesting info. I support Newcastle United (footall), who aren't doing too well at the moment. Playing sport myself is a different matter though Confused OMG!!

[/b]Dislikes:I hate the whole sexist, racist and homophobic thing. Get over yourselves you closed minded badgers arsess! Ahem... Oh, Onions are my arch enemy too. Can't stand the little critters. I think there some fear involved there too. Random I know.

Favourite Anime:Hmm... I'll only mention a few but, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Stand Alone Complex, FullMetal Achemist..... and many more.

Favourite Manga:Flicked threw a few but never really stuck with them.

Favourite Game:Metal Gear Solid games, Final Fantasy Games, Battlefield, Max Pain!! Loads more I could mention like.

Favourite Drink:Diet coke all the way. I'm addicted and I'm not afraid to admit that.

Favourite Food:I have many. I like to cook so I uually like what ever I make which can be anything. Gotta be spicy tho. Love those chillis Very Happy

Favourite Sport:Well I support a football team, but i'd have to say Super Bike racing. It's out of this world. Infact tomorrow I'm off to the MOTO GP 2007 (if anyone was interested) 5 days of fast bikes. Ooh, I'm all excited now Very Happy

Favourite Music:I am no one man band I must say. I love all sorts. My CDs in my car range from anything from The Beatles to Claw Finger (Heavy). I've been none to listen to all genres even classical and opera. No Country music though, my only definate no. Sorry all you country fans out there.

Fun facts about me:
I can be a bit dizzy at times. As I've just noticed my bold text is all over the spot Rolling Eyes I'm also prone to say things before running them threw my head first (can get me in some sticky situations). I used to be a good Rugby Union player untill I broke both my legs, two fingers, my wrist and palm, oh yes and my lip was bitten off!!! It's fine now like. That all happened in the course of two months (yep, not all at once). Must say that was a fun part of my life. Ok... I'm sure theres more but I'll be sticking around so you can find out more about me in due time. Ciao for now.
TestamentSaki

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:49 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
TestamentSaki wrote:
Was considered a 'devil-worshipper' at her school because she loved anime, and ironically was the soloist in the choir (soprano).

Found that pretty odd but funny. So is the city you live in one of those places that's pretty much all one religion and if you declare yourself otherwise or have certain activities they don't approve of, you are considered a heathen or devil-worshipper? Things like that really bug me, but even being in the conservative, bible-belt midwest it's not so bad and there is still a plethora of diversity of beliefs and interests.

Eh, Bogotá's a mix of almost every place in Colombia, and we have our fair share of religions here, but I studied in a Catholic school. DIdn't help much, though. The belief's gone down the drain lately.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
SuperOnizuka

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:14 am Reply with quote
Name: Ted
Marital Status: Currently too busy for a relationship
Religion: Agnostic
Drink/Smoke: Nope
Favorite Music: Rock, classical, jazz, and anything by Vienna Teng.
Favorite Sport: Weight lifting
Favorite Games: My game playing habits have died a while ago.
Favorite Anime:animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=11273&start=0
Favorite Manga/Light Novels: Hellsing, GTO, Naruto, One Piece, Bleach, FullMetal Alchemist, ummm I think that is it.
Favorite Non-Anime TV/Film: Don't know
Education/Job Status: Graduated from Rutgers U. with a bachelors in Psychology, minoring in Sociology and Photography. I currently work at Princeton U.
Hobbies: Photography, music, reading, research, and driving my car.
Fun Facts: I am trying to get into wedding photography while I try to get accepted into graduate school. I am a vegetarian.

Last edited by SuperOnizuka on Mon Jun 25, 2007 11:38 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Truered

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 8:35 am Reply with quote
Name: Truered/Lurk or as I prefer Craig.

Marital Status: Never been kissed

Religion: Ah what?

Drink/Smoke: Drink socially. Vodka. Absinthe horrible. Never have, never will smoke.

Likes: Procrastination, 24, Lost, Prison Break, Manga, Anime, My Dog quite a few things.

Dislikes: Exams, homework, Photo’s, pain, saying goodbye.

Favorite anime: Evangelion, Princess Mononoke

Favorite Manga: Yotsuba, NGE, Claymore, Bleach, Excel Saga.

Favorite game: At the moment Pro Evo soccer 6. Dino Crisis 2 has a soft place in my heart that summer holiday several years ago.

Favorite Drink: Vodka and coke/Bottles of Vodka. I dislike bitterness, so I limit myself slightly.

Favorite Foods: Chicken, beef. Chocolate!

Favorite Sport: Football (read ‘Soccer’), Cricket

Favorite Music: Most things. Always room for 80s music! (And recently DragonForce). Classical to rock to speed metal to anime themes.

Fun facts about me: A quiet, often seemingly uncaring person, I am in fact a great listener. Everyone seems to talk to me about problems. I revert to a six year old around cute dogs. I plan on studying psychology. My sister had more afterschool detentions in one week then I had in seven years.

Pictures- me at the top of the Empire State building last March. It snowed a lot.

http://img463.imageshack.us/img463/3707/zzempirepw6.jpg I'm the confused looking boy caught out by a surprise camera attack. That's a bag on my back, not a hunch.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 233