• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kill la Kill's Trigger Makes Gridman Short for Animator Expo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:39 am Reply with quote
Ah yes, Gridman aka Super Samurai Syber-Squad. Does anybody still remember that show at the time Power Ranger was really hyped up??
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wojtini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:43 am Reply with quote
ANN please never write again about studio Trigger as "Kill La Kill's Trigger" because KlK is shit and there is no need to identifie studio with this sin.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote
Wojtini wrote:
ANN please never write again about studio Trigger as "Kill La Kill's Trigger" because KlK is shit and there is no need to identifie studio with this sin.

Get off your high horse.

As for this, wow, I have not thought of this show in years. Can we get Tim Curry back as Kilokahn?
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Has my attention just by having Inferno Cop's director doing it.
Galap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:10 pm Reply with quote
Wojtini wrote:

Your last post was particularly offensive and you have a history of posts consisting of negative one-liners that appear to be pretty prone to start arguments. Please cut it out.

Consider this your last warning before you're put on moderation.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Wojtini wrote:

I highly doubt Trigger would care, the only people who would are the ones who don't like the show, and they probably don't like Trigger anyway, so why would they care.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:21 pm Reply with quote
For some reason, I am both surprised and not surprised at all that Studio Trigger has jumped into Animator Expo.

I've liked everything I've seen from them, and if this will be as insane as Inferno Cop and Ninja Slayer, I'm in.
Wojtini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Galap, nice try KlK fan. I don't like you get away.

Ok I done with kids, let's back topic. Omitting a fact that title of news is disgusting I have to say that Ultraman was actually pretty cool. Looking forward to it.
Great Rumbler

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Wojtini wrote:

Why wouldn't ANN reference it? It's Trigger's latest work and by far their most recognizable, regardless of your personal opinions about the show.
kikuzinho

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Wojtini wrote:

just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's a "sin". it's actually really good, but as with everything, it all comes down to personal preferences. there will never be a consensus on which anime is good or bad (for every lover, there's a hater), but that doesn't mean that you need to be an idiot about it, which I'm sure you are based on your post Neutral
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm interested in this. Love to see it if its made available whenever.

Wojtini wrote:

I felt only rage when reading this.

I guess this is one of the rare posts you make, eh? See you next time.
Galap

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Wojtini wrote:
Galap, nice try KlK fan. I don't like you get away.

For the record, I don't like KlK and dropped it a third of the way through. I'm just not being a condescending prick about it. If i were to talk about it id explain why i didn't like it rather than just making inflammatory remarks derailing a tangentially related thread. I told you to stop it and you didn't, so you're now on moderation, which means your posts require approval to go through. If they're of similar nature to these, they won't.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Ah yes, Gridman aka Super Samurai Syber-Squad. Does anybody still remember that show at the time Power Ranger was really hyped up??

I loved that show. I mean, I loved the toys for that show, mostly. But I found the show very watchable.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Ryusui

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I remember the show being good, but the toys were awesome.

Where else would you find a fully-poseable combining robot in the mid-'90s?
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:
I remember the show being good, but the toys were awesome.

Where else would you find a fully-poseable combining robot in the mid-'90s?

Plus there was a T-Rex mecha that turned into a bazooka for the main guy! And a drill robot!

Damn, now I want a full DVD set of Gridman.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2