• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daxomni

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:57 am Reply with quote
omar235 wrote:
daxomni wrote:

daxomni wrote:
Dislikes: hot weather

Hmm...were you born in Texas or did you move there because of your job. Confused

I have a hard time telling when people are being serious or not, so if I'm misreading this please just ignore my response.

I've been living here since I was eleven. Obviously I didn't have a job then but I do now and yes, that's why I'm still here. I also have family here but I only see them once in a blue moon and thus they have no bearing on where I live. Everybody tells me I should move somewhere else, but it seems to me like I'll just eventually end up hating wherever I move to next and so I've just stayed put.
omar235

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:50 am Reply with quote
daxomni wrote:
omar235 wrote:
daxomni wrote:

daxomni wrote:
Dislikes: hot weather

Hmm...were you born in Texas or did you move there because of your job. Confused

I have a hard time telling when people are being serious or not, so if I'm misreading this please just ignore my response.

I've been living here since I was eleven. Obviously I didn't have a job then but I do now and yes, that's why I'm still here. I also have family here but I only see them once in a blue moon and thus they have no bearing on where I live. Everybody tells me I should move somewhere else, but it seems to me like I'll just eventually end up hating wherever I move to next and so I've just stayed put.

Heh yes I was being serious, I mean I know disliking the climate in one state isn't really the best reason to move. I was just wondering assuming you had the chance would you leave and if not was it because of you having a job or because you were born there (thus meaning even if you dislike the weather you probably didn't have a choice but to live there).

daxomni wrote:
but it seems to me like I'll just eventually end up hating wherever I move to next and so I've just stayed put.

You know my aunt says the same thing everytime I ask her why she doesn't move out of Orlando.
undeadben

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:58 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
You want me to go and compare all the posts made here and find out if they posted before and got gifts in that 100 page old thread?! Shocked How much spare time do you think I have?! Good Lord. I tell you what, anyone who posted here and is relatively new, or simply never got one and wants one, PM me and I'll make you a wlecome bag and post it here. Cool That fair enoguh undeadben?

Well, I suppose that should be ok. This way at least no one gets left out of the 'gifts no one in their right mind would want as a welcome' unless they are too shy to PM you. Or, you know, not completely mental.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:18 am Reply with quote
undeadben wrote:

Well, I suppose that should be ok. This way at least no one gets left out of the 'gifts no one in their right mind would want as a welcome' unless they are too shy to PM you. Or, you know, not completely mental.

Are you trying to imply sir that my gifts aren't utterly fabulous and wonderful? Are you by some chance trying to insinuate that my gifts are somehow worthless and only mental people would want them? Sounds like to me someone has mystery bag envy. If you wanted one so bad yourself you should just say so instead of being mean to others. Wink
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:56 am Reply with quote
psycho 101 wrote:
undeadben wrote:

Are you trying to imply sir that my gifts aren't utterly fabulous and wonderful? Are you by some chance trying to insinuate that my gifts are somehow worthless and only mental people would want them? Sounds like to me someone has mystery bag envy. If you wanted one so bad yourself you should just say so instead of being mean to others. Wink

I think that he's just jealous that he didn't think of the ultra fabulous idea first! Wink
Zewerr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Well, to get my post count up and going!!

Bill, 25, M, Single
Tacoma, WA

Hobbies and interests: video games (online and offline, PC mainly), bowling, racing (I do alot of local autocrossing and road racing), anime (duh)

Back in high school, my friends tried to get me into anime. I thought it was kinda cool, but I was never drawn in until Adult Swim started playing series. After watching a few series, I started getting hooked. The first few I started watching and getting drawn into were Trigun, Inuyasha, and Bebop. My brother also introduced me to Berserk. Those are all what originally got me going. Eventually I started coming up with a list of animes that I wanted to watch. One year I was thinking of what to get my dad for Christmas. I decided to try to give him a 6 month subscription to Netflix. When I did that, I explored Netflix and found out how many animes they had available to watch. With that said, I signed up right away. That was about one and a half years ago. And currently I'm sitting on 144 series and movies that I've seen, and currently watching 6 through a combination of Netflix, Adult Swim, AZN TV, and borrowed shows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LeoKnight25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Well, I'm not sure if I've ever properly introduced myself before so here goes:

Name:Alex Keefe

Sex:Male

Blood Type: Not sure

Marital Status: single

Ethnicity: 1/4 German and a lot of other stuff.

Religion: Christian (spiritual but not religious)

Pets: Four cats Two males, two females: 1 tortoise shell tabby female named Sierra; 1 gray, black and brown striped tabby female named Neesa; 1 calico male named Chimborazo; and 1 gray, black and white striped tabby male named Jethro.
Also two dogs: 1 black Shipperki named Coda; and a tan and white Welsh Corgi named Spunky.

Drink/Smoke: Neither.

Likes: Sunny days, cruising the waterfront at sunset, video games, anime, american comics, drawing, music, lazing around the house, family get-togethers, cartoons

Dislikes: spiders, stupid people, arrogant jerks, indecision, procrastination, not having money

Favorite anime: Saint Seiya, Fist of the North Star, Cosmo Police Justy, Hades Project Zeorymer, Super Light Speed Grandoll, Red Photon Zillion, Sonic Soldier Borgman, Legendary Armor Samurai Troopers, Princess Nine, Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu Gi Oh (too many more to name here).

Favorite Comics: Green Lantern, Green Arrow, the Avengers, Justice League of America, Batman, Transformers (Marvel, Dreamwave, IDW), Supergirl, Valerian :Spatiotemporal Agent, Xenozoic Tales, Gold Digger, Ninja High School, the Courageous Princess, Megatokyo, Inverloch, Earthsong, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, Conan, Red Sonja...most classic Marvel and DC titles.

Favorite Manga (Light novels): Flame of Rekka, Saint Seiya, Blue Myth Overture, Yu Yu Hakusho, Yu Gi Oh, Silent Mobius, Beet the Vandel Buster, Ranma 1/2, Cosmo Police Justy, Cyborg 009, Fist of the North Star, Maison Ikkoku, Silbuster, Astrider Hugo, Star Wars the Manga

Favorite Books: the Icewind Dale Trilogy, the Dark Elf Trilogy, Sword Dancer, the Prydain Chronicles, Slayers

Favorite game: Mugen Senshi Valis, Zelda: Twilight Princess, City of Heroes, World of Warcraft, the Contra series, Tomb Raider Legend, any classic NES, SNES, Turbo Grafx, Genesis

Favorite TV shows/Movies: Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future, Justice League/Justice League Unlimited, Superfriends, W.I.T.C.H., Transformers, G.I. Joe, Bravestarr, He-Man (classic and modern), Ultimate Avengers 1, 2; Gen 13 the Movie, Fire & Ice, Rock & Rule, Starchaser: the Legend of Orin, Red Dawn, Navy Seals, Delta Force, Star Wars, Transformers the Movie, Transformers (2007), G. I. Joe the Movie, the Octagon, Rambo, Enter the Dragon, Fist of Legend, the Storm Riders, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Police Story

Favorite Drink: Don't drink.

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Sprite, 7-Up, Strawberry Milk, regular milk, Sierra Mist, Green River soda, Sunny D, OJ

Favorite Foods: Pizza, chinese, hamburgers, hot dogs, ramen (Cup o'noodle or other), cereal

Favorite Handgun: Don't really have one.

Favorite Sites: IGN, myspace, Yahoo, ebay

Favorite Sport (to watch): Baseball

Favorite Sport (to play): Baseball

Favorite Music: Most things besides a lot of modern music. See my myspace page for all the stuff I listen to. www.myspace.com/leoknight

Job: Going to school at the moment, so no job.

Hobbies: Collecting comics, drawing, collecting odds and ends, listening to music, movies, anime, video games

Fun facts about Alex:
Arrow I have a twin brother born a minute after me
Arrow I suffer from an anxiety disorder and have been on medication to keep me cool for about 7 years.
Arrow I've never broken a bone in my life

Favorite Quotes: "The perfect way is only difficult for those who pick and choose. Do not like, do not dislike; all will then be clear. Make a hairbreadth difference and heaven and earth are set apart; if you want the truth to stand clear before you, never be for or against. The struggle between for and against is the minds worst disease." - Bruce Lee

"As you think, so shall you become." - Bruce Lee

That's pretty much it. More info over at my Mypsace page which I gave above.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
necrokorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:59 am Reply with quote
lez get this started

Name: Michael

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Single

Religion: Atheist(None)

Drink/Smoke: No and no

Dislikes: Country music, Rap music, pres. bush Razz

Favorite Anime: Witch Hunter Robin, Fullmetal Alchemist, Trigun, Read or Die, Cowboy Bebop, Hellsing, Gungrave, .hack//sign, and a bunch of others i cant think of right now

Favorite Manga: Hellsing, Fullmetal Alchemist.

Favorite Video Games: Homeworld, Homeworld Cataclysm, Might and Magic 6-8, Diablo 2, Castlevania 4, Xenosaga, Zelda, Ultima IX.

Favorite Books: hmmm...i liked spooksville as a kid(dont know if id like it now) but atm its just harry potter

Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water

Favorite Foods: I like almost anything cept cabbage

Favorite Sites: None

Favorite Music: Korn, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Nirvana, Slipknot, Trapt, Taproot, Staind, Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Evanecence, Depeche Mode.

Job: LOL

Hobbies: Collecting anime DVDs, Listining to music, Magic The Gathering( haven't played in 3-4 months but might get around to it)

Facts:
Played World of Warcraft for 2 years...now taking a long break
Lives in a place where all i can get is dailup Sad
I have a (Thing) under my right arm(kinda like a round bone under the skin)
and noone has been able to tell what it is (hoping its not bad)
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:30 am Reply with quote
necrokorn wrote:
Lives in a place where all i can get is dailup

Hell?

You know I went to Tennessee a couple months ago... it didn't see to be a place of eternal suffering and torture. Then again, maybe it's different since I knew I was going to be leaving soon. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
necrokorn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:40 am Reply with quote
selenta wrote:
necrokorn wrote:
Lives in a place where all i can get is dailup

Hell?

You know I went to Tennessee a couple months ago... it didn't see to be a place of eternal suffering and torture. Then again, maybe it's different since I knew I was going to be leaving soon. Rolling Eyes

lol well i live outside of a tiny speck called sneedville and unless i wanna pay a crazy amount for satellite internet im stuck with the worlds worst dailup(2-3 kbps download) Crying or Very sad

but on the bright side it makes me unable to pirate most stuff Razz
starseven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:53 am Reply with quote
Name: John

Sex: Male

Marital Status: Single

Religion: Christian/Messianic

Drink/Smoke: I've never drank alcohol and I don't smoke

Dislikes: I don't like know it alls. I also don't like people who talk down to others.

Favorite Anime: Eureka Seven, Scrapped Princess, Fate Stay Knight, Trigun, FullMetal Alchemist

Favorite Video Games: StarOcean: The Second Story, StarOcean 3: 'til the End of Time
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Vuwazy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:47 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Ethnicity: Lao (that crappy little country between Thailand and Vietnam, but I was born in Georiga and moved to Texas at 3 months old).

Laos huh. Here is another guy from one of those asian countries of that region. My native country is also between Vietnam and Thailand. It's to the south of Laos. I'm Cambodian. Was born in the pacific northwest region in the states. Born in Washington and lived there early in my life for a few years. Then moved to Oregon and lived there mostly the rest of the way. So your native country and mines are next to each other. I guess I'll say hello.

I want to post in the thread about hobbies outside of anime but I don't know if it will be useful anymore because of this thread.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Vuwazy wrote:
I want to post in the thread about hobbies outside of anime but I don't know if it will be useful anymore because of this thread.

If you mean this thread that was made at the beginning of the year, go ahead. I don't mind If you or anyone else revives it Razz.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:17 pm Reply with quote
I think you may be right Lydia hehe.

Welcome though starseven, necrokorn, and Zewerr. Glad to see some new faces here. hope you enjoy your stay and be sure to check out the weekly Answerman column for some interesting comments on corporate bribery lol. Now I must give you your mystery welcome bag, which certain people are jealous over Razz . Today you all shall receive brown bag containing the ashes of some pixies (not to be confused pixie dust), an assortment of grubs and other squishy slimy bugs, a handful of those little cloth covers for earpiece headphones, and a handful of eyelashes from a cyclops. May these gifts bring you joy and pleasure. As you browse the forum just remember these Words of Wisdom; Tomahawk EGBU-27 Laser-Guided Missile; IQ = 265. George W. Bush, President of the United States; IQ = 91. It's a funny ol' world we live in..
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:29 pm Reply with quote
I've updated my postwith new Xmas pictures, nothing like Christmas in the middle of July.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 233