• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Toukiden Talk

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
It's funny that Tri-Ace is being mentioned in this column. I had been wondering about them after talk about some of Square's or should I say Squeenix's disappointments. VP was the day for when Square did try and do different things, but sadly...

But be interesting to see what Tri-Ace plans to do in the future.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote
^ The first VP was actually when it was just Enix. And that was by far the best one of the franchise.

I greatly disagree that RoF was the best of the last gen Tri-Ace games. The story may have been bland in Star Ocean 4 but the gameplay was by far the best. I didn't even know of their mobile games except VP Plume. Shame what happened to them...great franchises...especially Star Ocean Second Story.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I had no idea what Piggsburg Pigs was, but thanks to Wikipedia I now know too much.

Quote:
Located behind the world's largest pig farm, the city of Piggsburg is a swine-only habitat. Here, the Bacon Brothers: Bo, Portley, and Pighead fight the evil plans of the hungry, carnivorous Wolf brothers Huff and Puff, as well as the supernatural forces from the Forbidden Zone.

Finally, America has its own Evangelion.
Souther

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Was expecting Charlie to have the same old moveset he had from Alpha, but I wasn't expecting the rest of those specials (teleports, tackle and aerial kick). Somersault's now turned into Genocide Cutter.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
I feel like the Valkyrie Profile Hrist mention was aimed at me specifically since I'm the one who kept bringing it up almost constantly whenever VP or tri-Ace were brought up in X Button articles. XD

I have to be honest though: I'm still not going to hold my breath for Hrist getting her own VP. I'm just not as hopeful or optimistic as I used to be for potential game releases. You should have seen how long I'd been hopeful for Shining Wind to be localized back then. It was almost sad how long I held out for that one only to realize it wasn't happening.
myskaros

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Curiously, {Disgaea 5 is} exclusive to the PlayStation 4 despite looking like something the PlayStation 3 (or even the Vita) could handle. Perhaps Sony pushed that angle.

They've said that the PS4 allows them to create levels with more objects and enemies on them at the same time, which would not run optimally on PS3/Vita. I suppose it's up to you whether that's worth going PS4 exclusive or not.
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Huh, I hadn't even heard of Rodea, but man it looks like a lot of fun. I'll definitely add it to my 3DS wishlist (when Amazon decides to add it) Very Happy
Shippoyasha

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:41 pm Reply with quote
I have always adored Star Ocean precisely because it felt like Star Trek. But with the combat that actually often trumps the Tales series core it was carved from.

Shame a Star Ocean 5 might take forever to happen (if at all) but I still have hope.

It still hurts to see them go mobile, but at least a lot of its workers have work to do now.
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Since Nintendo are doing Wii downloads on the eShop, they could offer a download code for the Wii version of Rodea the Sky Soldier with the Wii U version.
D-Rock

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
tri-Ace has been bought out. Well, that just sucks.
Sango chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The game's murderous child villains push the content into disturbing places, but NISA has made no mention of censoring it.

.......Have they seen Madoka....but if this is worse than the stuff that happens in Madoka, then wow. But I'm Glad that we're getting the inbetween game for Danganranpa. and I'm also glad that Nisa isn't Censoring it that we know of. cause they would probably anger quite a few fans in doing so. But Nisa hasn't wronged in the past games I have played (That I know of). and they are one of the rare few game companies that actually keeps the Japanese audio in their games. I don't remember if Disgaea was one of them though.
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:57 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I definitely remember Power Team, but besides Bigfoot I wasn't familiar with any of the characters so the cartoon didn't really grab me. I was way more into Video Power. It always amazed me how many kids put the blinders on when it came to consoles and only reached for games (and the occasional controller) instead of leaving room to toss a box or two under each arm.

And I also remember back when the Bigfoot and the Muscle Machines cartoon aired. I imagine if that was made today it would star Gravedigger instead. But even before that, and more on-topic, was Namco and Dic's Pole Position cartoon which was basically a Speed Racer knockoff. Random trivia: In the credits Haim Saban was miss-credited as Halm.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
No censorship, huh? I wonder how people will react to the Komaru groping minigame, then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1