• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Food Wars: Shokugeki no Soma Anime's TV Spot Has Narration by Erina

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:31 am Reply with quote
Ooh, I like her voice here. Been reading this manga for awhile and I think they got the characters' voice mannerisms right so far, at least for Erina anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:18 am Reply with quote
I was hoping for some new footage, not re-cut ones from the CM. Oh, well...
Ferax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:53 am Reply with quote
f-ing matsuoka can you please try another voice rather than kirito for once?
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
With Warner Brothers involved, I take it Viz Media has the inside track on licensing it?

I wasn't that interested in the series until I saw some of the artwork from the manga and how well it appears to be carried over into the anime (which looks pretty nice, too). Also, seeing Yonetani, Katou, and Taneda in the mix has changed my tune around…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Sam Murai wrote:
With Warner Brothers involved, I take it Viz Media has the inside track on licensing it?

It looks like a Viz series.
Ryu Shoji

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
The manga is published by Viz Media, so them licensing the anime wouldn't surprise me at all.

Hameyadea wrote:

After watching Shirobako, I'm guessing that the reason for all of the PVs so far using the same footage is because that's the only footage that has actually been finished at the moment.
Animelover12313

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Ferax wrote:
f-ing matsuoka can you please try another voice rather than kirito for once?

^ this haha. Is there an appeal to Matsuoka's voice? I get bored listening to him a lot of times already. In fact, I listen to his voice to go to sleep.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Ryu Shoji wrote:
The manga is published by Viz Media, so them licensing the anime wouldn't surprise me at all.

Hameyadea wrote:

After watching Shirobako, I'm guessing that the reason for all of the PVs so far using the same footage is because that's the only footage that has actually been finished at the moment.

Maybe, but I find it hard to believe that a month to the 1st episode's premiere, J.C. Staff still doesn't have any new footage to show, while at the same time Bones' Kekkai Sensen's (Blood Blockade Battlefront) 2nd PV added about 5 additional seconds of new scenes, even if those were quick flash-by's.

Now, it is possible that J.C. Staff is "saving up" on the material for a full 2-minutes CM or something, but if they're in such a pinch that they can't afford to show even one new scene, then it doesn't bode well on the production's prospects.

Then again, I could be reading too much into it (I watch Shirobako as well) and J.C. Staff could've just saved up on the budget a bit so they can reallocate those unspent Yens on the production proper. Wink

Last edited by Hameyadea on Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Voice sounds just about right. Don't mess this up, J.C. Staff...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1