• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams Food Wars! Shokugeki no Sōma Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s0ck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Great! was really hoping they got this one. Now they just need to sneak SNAFU in their pockets and we'll be good.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:31 pm Reply with quote
s0ck wrote:
Great! was really hoping they got this one. Now they just need to sneak SNAFU in their pockets and we'll be good.

Sentai has both shows, so CR will probably stream SNAFU as well. They haven't done an exclusive simulcast on Anime Network or anywhere else for a few seasons.
s0ck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
dragonrider_cody wrote:
s0ck wrote:

Sentai has both shows, so CR will probably stream SNAFU as well. They haven't done an exclusive simulcast on Anime Network or anywhere else for a few seasons.

Yep. They already announced SNAFU will be streamed by CR at 10:30PCT. Which is 12:30AM for me, at least it's on a friday night so I can stay up and enjoy it.
Octorockandroll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Jog my memory, this was the cooking manga that had a tentacle raping in it, right?
s0ck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Octorockandroll wrote:
Jog my memory, this was the cooking manga that had a tentacle raping in it, right?

Happened in the beginning... too quick and my mind wasn't ready lol.
Yea sorry, no rape they just had a squid entangle her in its tentacles.

Last edited by s0ck on Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Octorockandroll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
s0ck wrote:
Octorockandroll wrote:

Does that kind of stuff happen a lot in the series? (past the first volume, I mean)
Dfens

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Their is no rape in this series, but for fan service their is a bunch of times that the girls/women seem to be having a orgasim when eating super delious food. It's done for comedy effect but it can't be helped since the artist is also a Hentai doujinshi artist as well.
myskaros

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Octorockandroll wrote:
Does that kind of stuff happen a lot in the series? (past the first volume, I mean)

It tones down a lot later, and it's also not limited only to attractive, busty women. Old women, musclemen, fat old men get the service treatment too.
Octorockandroll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:34 pm Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
Their is no rape in this series, but for fan service their is a bunch of times that the girls/women seem to be having a orgasim when eating super delious food. It's done for comedy effect but it can't be helped since the artist is also a Hentai doujinshi artist as well.

In the first volume one of the women is shown getting tentacle raped (if I remember correctly the context was that she tasted a squid based dish that was so bad it made her feel like she was being violated) This just seems like such a weird thing to put into your series about cooking, as a cook myself, I find it a pretty big turnoff when a series does this kind of crap.
bs3311

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Wow.............. why does this remind me of yugioh with food? Instead of dying or going to the shadow relm you get hallucinated by the winners dish! And the military has'nt found them to use there powers into a new age of food poisioning becaussseeeee?

Its start up is so terrible! They could've agreed on putting his resteraunt in the apartment building if this duo can do the unthinkable. Both are ignoring the fact that they could make MILLIONS!!!!

But at the same time, its so awesomly over the top. This might get a low score, but I'm so star strucked by its zannyness in just 1 episode.
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Octorockandroll wrote:
Dfens wrote:

In the first volume one of the women is shown getting tentacle raped (if I remember correctly the context was that she tasted a squid based dish that was so bad it made her feel like she was being violated) This just seems like such a weird thing to put into your series about cooking, as a cook myself, I find it a pretty big turnoff when a series does this kind of crap.
This and the reaction in episode 2 are easily the most offensive in the series by far. And by the time they get to the school trip arc (which is pretty early on, and will be covered in the anime) most of the "foodgasms" aren't really sexual at all
Bagheera

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
YES! I have been checking ANN for this announcement every hour for the past week. Now I can finally go back to my LIFE! Guys, I got my life Back!

guys, I have no life.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Just saw the first ep and the animation is so sexy lol
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Octorockandroll wrote:
s0ck wrote:
Octorockandroll wrote:

Well there's fanservice in the first 2 volumes or so. But its equal opportunity fanservice and eventually becomes more of a parody of it than an actual attempt to titilate. But if you are referring to tentacles specifically? Never again does it come up.
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Octorockandroll wrote:
s0ck wrote:
Octorockandroll wrote:

Well there's fanservice in the first 2 volumes or so. But its equal opportunity fanservice and eventually becomes more of a parody of it than an actual attempt to titilate. But if you are referring to tentacles specifically? Never again does it come up.
honestly, most of the food gasms after volume 2 really aren't sexual at all
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2