• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sumire Uesaka Performs Ending Theme for Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Se

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Being based on a light novel, I'm guessing you could summise it as A Boring World Where Funny Jokes Don't Exist?
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:41 pm Reply with quote
She had a few good songs; nice vocal range.
omiya

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Impossible to forget Sumire Uesaka after seeing Nanatsu no Umi Yori Kimi no Umi (Namiuchigiwa no Muromi-san OP) live.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Is she related to Kekko Kamen? or at the very least Enbi-chan. because that's what i think of everytime I see this.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I recall hearing any of her songs, must have at some point. Regardless I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Anything attached to this series I'm looking forward to actually, this and Prison School make the summer season for me.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Another summer series that I plan on watching but what is with the trend of long LN names?
Tempest_Wing

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:58 pm Reply with quote
This looks to be right up Sentai Filmworks's alley.
BrinkMaster

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I really hope these titles eventually become meta, to the point where we get light novel series that are titled like "I Can't Believe How Long This Title Is." or "You Thought This Title Would Be Shorter, Didn't You? Ha! Think Again!"
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 5:07 pm Reply with quote
BrinkMaster wrote:
I really hope these titles eventually become meta, to the point where we get light novel series that are titled like "I Can't Believe How Long This Title Is." or "You Thought This Title Would Be Shorter, Didn't You? Ha! Think Again!"

It has already happened (ANN article from January 2014, notice #1) (CrunchyRoll article from October 2013, which elaborated on the naming of said title).

On the same note of long LN titles, if you were to search in February 2012 for LNs in Amazon using the keywords "Boku no", "Oniichan", and "Imouto", you would've gotten this list [some NSFW language]. And this Kotaku article from May 2012 explaining a bit on choosing LN titles (specifically, the title Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.)

*Side-note: due to the fact that several years have passed from when those articles/lists were written, some of the featured titles have already got their anime adaptations, but it isn't mentioned in those links.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1