• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: P.A. Works to Produce HaruChika Anime Based on Mystery Novel Series

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:09 am Reply with quote
This sounds fairly interesting and it's been awhile since an adaptation by P.A. Works to air on TV.

Character designs looks nice as well too. Interested in this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:24 am Reply with quote
A main male character, thank goodness. I'll watch this for sure. P.A Works can be a hit or miss but this is by the person who made Tari Tari so it can't be that bad. Surprised
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:25 am Reply with quote
Welp, talk about a downgrade in character designs: from a style reminiscent to Kids on the Slope to generic blando moe designs. That can't be a good sign...

At least I hope it's better than what it looks like.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:03 am Reply with quote
Novel series that revolves around the high-school life of a Concert Band members... Looks like KyōAni opened some interesting door here with their adaptation of Hibike! Euphonium. Synopsis sounds OK-ish.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:55 am Reply with quote
Tari Tari's director and Reiko Yoshida writing this?
I'm in heaven.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:59 am Reply with quote
Sakamichi no Apollon vibes
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:30 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Novel series that revolves around the high-school life of a Concert Band members... Looks like KyōAni opened some interesting door here with their adaptation of Hibike! Euphonium. Synopsis sounds OK-ish.

It's like concert band members by day, mystery solvers by night! Surprised
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:56 am Reply with quote
Staff seems solid but nonetheless I'm leery because P.A. Works adaptations aren't their strong point.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:59 am Reply with quote
It seems that this is another music-themed anime show that I'm interested in seeing. The character designs look alright.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:52 am Reply with quote
If the creator had only 4 vol. released between '08-'12, then they must have been working on other series since various novel series will often have more than that in that time period.
Beefeater

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:53 am Reply with quote

P.A. Works, I've been rooting for you. But this shit is disgusting. You get an opportunity to branch out from your usual generic designs, and you manage to squander it. I guess another Eccentric Family-tier novel adaptation was too much to ask for.

Does this matter if all the other aspects, like the story, music and animation are well executed? Yes, it [expletive] does! Character designs are an essential part of a show's visual identity. God, it's like there's some conspiracy to sabotage good source material. Just look at Jitsu wa Watashi wa.

I WILL NOT HAVE YOU DELIBERATELY SABOTAGE MY CHINESE CARTOONS. YOU'RE DONE.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:02 am Reply with quote
Beefeater wrote:
[img]http://media.giphy.com/m edia/tyttpH11RzaJZrsIRH2/giphy.gif[/img]

P.A. Works, I've been rooting for you. But this shit is disgusting. You get an opportunity to branch out from your usual generic designs, and you manage to squander it. I guess another Eccentric Family-tier novel adaptation was too much to ask for.

Does this matter if all the other aspects, like the story, music and animation are well executed? Yes, it [expletive] does! Character designs are an essential part of a show's visual identity. God, it's like there's some conspiracy to sabotage good source material. Just look at Jitsu wa Watashi wa.

I WILL NOT HAVE YOU DELIBERATELY SABOTAGE MY CHINESE CARTOONS. YOU'RE DONE.
[img]https://33.media.tumblr.com/2c376a d971582e5c0190523829fa4a14/tumblr_nhsyxeEqKT1s89mq8o1_500.gif[/img]
Wait, did you just say Jitsu wa Watashi wa has good source material art? Really?
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:26 am Reply with quote
justsomeaccount wrote:
Welp, talk about a downgrade in character designs: from a style reminiscent to Kids on the Slope to generic blando moe designs. That can't be a good sign...

At least I hope it's better than what it looks like.

I hadn't noticed that, but you're right.

Shame for the (at least initial) character designs to lose their memorability, but those aren't the final ones either, so I'll stay hopeful.

The premise sounds comparable to several light music-themed anime in recent years, so it'll have to stand out amidst the pack to really grab my attention. Rolling Eyes
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:05 am Reply with quote
Great news on this!!! The more P.A. Works anime the better. I see a lot of people complaining on the character designs.... like, really? Would you prefer them to do something like Aku no Hana? I don't see a problem with them really, their pretty, that's good enough for me. Once their not Toei level where their are derps even on the character design page I don't see a problem.

P.A. have proved time and time again that they can animate beautifully, so people should stop complaining and just leave them animate for christ sakes.

There's also the fact that moe is really big in the P.A. Works japanese fanbase, if us over here are constantly complaining (like how many have complained on how Charlotte doesn't look half as good as their previous shows, and it's not even out yet), I don't expect them to listen to us.

Leave them animate, if it ends up beautiful, then it ends up beautiful. So fecking what if the character designs are blobs. (which I don't think so by the way I like them.)

I love P.A. Works anime, and simple character designs aren't gonna change that, not a hope in hell.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:31 am Reply with quote
I feel more indifferent than interested in this anime. I also wonder if this is in response to Kyoto Animation doing Sound! Euphonium.

Jajanken wrote:
Sakamichi no Apollon vibes

The novel covers are reminiscent of Kids on the Slope, but the premise is TOTALLY different.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2