• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
2nd Attack on Titan Anime Film Gets 4D Experience This Summer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
relyat08

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:51 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, that sounds pretty ridiculous. It sure is amusing though. Laughing
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:53 pm Reply with quote
That sounds like a terrible idea.
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
So are there actual water sprinklers that spray water onto the audience at intervals timed to coincide with the action on screen?

Not gonna lie, that sounds like something I'd want to experience.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
That sounds ridiculously stupid. (I'd still go tho, I'd still go)
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:28 pm Reply with quote
That's seems so over-the-top that one must experience it for themselves. Haaa... If only I could go.
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Moo.
bs3311

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
"Your unwanted anime compilation film that is pushing us away from doing a 2nd season will now have unwanted out of experience effects that will annoy you." Looks like profit to me Laughing

To be honest. Its fine to have these films, but the 4D is pointless when that feeling should brought into the viewers mind with immersion from your imagination instead of psychical contraptions. I still remember my Lion King 1 an 1/2 dvd with the cgi ride special feature. Corny as it was, my imagination put the pieces together making me feel like I was there.

This just forces you to feel immersion. And you can't treat viewers like that.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:59 pm Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:
"Your unwanted anime compilation film that is pushing us away from doing a 2nd season will now have unwanted out of experience effects that will annoy you." Looks like profit to me Laughing

To be honest. Its fine to have these films, but the 4D is pointless when that feeling should brought into the viewers mind with immersion from your imagination instead of psychical contraptions. I still remember my Lion King 1 an 1/2 dvd with the cgi ride special feature. Corny as it was, my imagination put the pieces together making me feel like I was there.

I agree completely, but what would make you think they're pushing them away from doing a second season (even though one is confirmed for next year)?
shiranehito

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Why, the comments here seem to show unapproval. Have you never been in 4D cinemas before? It was pretty fun to me (note: there would be water splashing but it's not the amount that would make you all drenched).
I think it'll be great if the seat moves like simulator. We'd be experiencing how it feels to swing around with 3DMG.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:13 pm Reply with quote
The viewers are going to experience a sensory overload with the seats crazily moving around. Smile Adding in flashes, wind, and water makes them feel that they're in the movie themselves.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Why, the comments here seem to show unapproval. Have you never been in 4D cinemas before? It was pretty fun to me (note: there would be water splashing but it's not the amount that would make you all drenched).
I think it'll be great if the seat moves like simulator. We'd be experiencing how it feels to swing around with 3DMG.

I don't know... I mean, I've never personally been to a 4D theater before, but I think the 4D elements to it might actually break my immersion and distract me rather than increase my attention of the show.
SnowCentaur

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:28 pm Reply with quote
I've been to the 4D cinema at Disneyland, and that was actually pretty fun. I'm curious.

But what's really making me feel like not going is the endless marketing for SnK. It. Just. Won't. Stop. It's like they're trying to keep the hype up by any means possible until the next season airs, even if it's by life support.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:51 pm Reply with quote
SnowCentaur wrote:
I've been to the 4D cinema at Disneyland, and that was actually pretty fun. I'm curious.

But what's really making me feel like not going is the endless marketing for SnK. It. Just. Won't. Stop. It's like they're trying to keep the hype up by any means possible until the next season airs, even if it's by life support.

LOL Anime hyper
sailorstarsun

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quote
bs3311 wrote:

You say "unwanted" as if compilation films aren't a big thing in Japan. And you say "forces you to feel immersion" as if there will be zero theaters doing regular showings. Nobody is being "forced" to do anything; if you don't want to experience those annoying effects, don't go to one of the 4D showings.

I, for one, am interested in this gimmick. I hope I get a chance to go (though I'm betting it'll only be available at special theaters in Tokyo, far from my area). I've already seen the series and know the story very well, so if it were to actually "break the immersion" and distract me, it's not like I'd miss anything.

It's just for fun. Haters need to calm down. If you're not interested, then don't go, but you don't need to act like the concept shouldn't exist and ruin the fun for people who are interested.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:13 am Reply with quote
sailorstarsun wrote:
bs3311 wrote:

You say "unwanted" as if compilation films aren't a big thing in Japan. And you say "forces you to feel immersion" as if there will be zero theaters doing regular showings. Nobody is being "forced" to do anything; if you don't want to experience those annoying effects, don't go to one of the 4D showings.

I, for one, am interested in this gimmick. I hope I get a chance to go (though I'm betting it'll only be available at special theaters in Tokyo, far from my area). I've already seen the series and know the story very well, so if it were to actually "break the immersion" and distract me, it's not like I'd miss anything.

It's just for fun. Haters need to calm down. If you're not interested, then don't go, but you don't need to act like the concept shouldn't exist and ruin the fun for people who are interested.

I must agree!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2