• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions Film's Poster, More Staff Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Childrens card games...IN SPACE! DAT KC Death Star.

I want to see Jounouchi(with less lines in his hair) and especially Anzu's "sexier" new designs that were shown. HYPE!
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I just wanna know if it's gonna be abridged.
NateSelwyn25

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:10 am Reply with quote
........It's utterly impossible for this to take place six months after the events of the manga. *grumbles about having to use spoiler tags on a show that ended in 2005*

spoiler[ Yami/Pharaoh/Atem separated from Yugi's body at the end of the story, and his soul entered the afterlife. He also took the God Cards with him. Furthermore, the Millennium Items were destroyed when the tomb collapsed.]

So yeah, no way this takes place when they say it does, with Yami Yugi/The Nameless Pharaoh.
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:31 am Reply with quote
NateSelwyn25 wrote:
........It's utterly impossible for this to take place six months after the events of the manga. *grumbles about having to use spoiler tags on a show that ended in 2005*

spoiler[ Yami/Pharaoh/Atem separated from Yugi's body at the end of the story, and his soul entered the afterlife. He also took the God Cards with him. Furthermore, the Millennium Items were destroyed when the tomb collapsed.]

So yeah, no way this takes place when they say it does, with Yami Yugi/The Nameless Pharaoh.

I really agree with you, which is why it bugs me to think that they might be ret conning the ending to have this movie. Or provide some weird explanation for why spoiler[Yami is suddenly back]. Maybe the new guy has something to do with that? Still sad they would do that though since that's going against Yugi's character development of learning to stand on his own....
anddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:39 am Reply with quote
Yusei is finally back as a SSGSS.
Danny123100

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:31 am Reply with quote
Well, I was originally excited for this movie. Now i'm kind of just upset that they're bringing Yami back. I was hoping to see Yugi get to be the epic duelist, showing how much he's improved without Yami being around to help him out.

Hopefully if Yami is coming back, it's not something like he's still around and never left to begin with. I hope it's just really something minor, like he makes an appearance at the end of the film when Yugi is in trouble or something due to some magical reason. I don't want him to show up like 20 minutes into the film and be the one that duels for Yugi throughout the whole film.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Childrens card games...IN SPACE! DAT KC Death Star.

I want to see Jounouchi(with less lines in his hair) and especially Anzu's "sexier" new designs that were shown. HYPE!

unfortunately its only hype over there. cause the minute that 4k media (aka a hacked up version of 4kids) get their hands on the license, those sexier designs are gonna be chopped up for the US version.

not to mention it'll be edited towards the point that it'll make a swiss cheese jealous.

also from the looks of the designs, the third character on the left looks a lot like Johan (Jessie Anderson) from the GX series. while its interesting to say the least, a lot of people in the US pretty given up on the series cause just like pokemon, it'll never use the original japaneese scripts , music openings and ending themes and be completely void of any editing or censorships unless 4k media also goes six feet under just like 4kids.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Primus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:26 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't be worried about this getting a hack dub. Bonds Beyond Time wasn't a huge departure from the Japanese and this specific movie seems to have been developed in part for western audiences. Do remember that 4K Media were the first to announce it, as well as the host of the SDCC panel. Given this is a sequel they're likely aiming for older fans.
TheAnagelic1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
I wouldn't be worried about this getting a hack dub. Bonds Beyond Time wasn't a huge departure from the Japanese and this specific movie seems to have been developed in part for western audiences. Do remember that 4K Media were the first to announce it, as well as the host of the SDCC panel. Given this is a sequel they're likely aiming for older fans.
Not to mention the DVD release had the Japanese Sub anyway....
MisterNobody

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:57 am Reply with quote
Heck yeah!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1