• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AntiMagic Academy "The 35th Test Platoon" TV Anime Unveils Additional Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:16 am Reply with quote
Been reading the LN for this and eh...I'm not too fond of the character designs. Hope to see PV soon though but I'm guessing this will be a 1 cour.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SandyBoi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:34 am Reply with quote
Those character designs.
what. the. hell.
Zaydgh123

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:43 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Been reading the LN for this and eh...I'm not too fond of the character designs. Hope to see PV soon though but I'm guessing this will be a 1 cour.

The anime was confirmed to adapt the 9 published vols so I think it should be a 2 cour show
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:04 am Reply with quote
character synopsis wrote:
Kanae Itō as Mari Nikaido, a cheerful and naive witch who has the ancient powers of manipulating aurora borealis.

So she can manipulate magnetic forces and various elements in the atmosphere? That's pretty dangerous. Theoretically, she could fry her opponents off by exposing the area to intense solar radiation.

ZaYDgH123 wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

The anime was confirmed to adapt the 9 published vols so I think it should be a 2 cour show

Really? Where did they announced that? Must've missed that somehow. Unless the studio will take the Madan no Ō to Vanadis route of cramming 7 LNs (in Madan's case) into a single cour.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:37 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea, a woman who could use solar radiation is definitely a powerful woman that would be a mugger's worst nightmare. Pluse, she redefines "hot".
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:22 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
Really? Where did they announced that? Must've missed that somehow. Unless the studio will take the Madan no Ō to Vanadis route of cramming 7 LNs (in Madan's case) into a single cour.

It got announced in the afterword of Volume 10.

And god I hope this doesn't get rushed like Vanadis, only to end with a solid 2/3rds of the story left.

That said, Mari looks great, and Sena's a great fit for her. Lapis and Haunted look good too, so now it's just a matter of seeing them in motion.
AliceTheHare

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:48 am Reply with quote
Okay, maybe I'm the odd one out but I do like the character designs. There's something very simple and soft about them that I find very enduring, but we'll see if that holds up when their animated. This isn't a show I'm on the edge of my seat for, sadly I think it might end up as another one of those generic LN adaptations - stuff like Absolute Duo and World Break, but maybe it will be a surprise and turn out to be decent.
Little_Hawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:36 pm Reply with quote
I just want to see Kiseki already.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1