• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Prison School

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:39 pm Reply with quote
This show is a classic imo for a comedy thriller. Loved the way the fan service is done (except the censorship part). I'm hoping the BDs will leave those untamed and uncensored.

Kinda sad about the 1 cour part though. Maybe this will get another season in the future? But for what's worth, this is one of the most hilarious shows imo for the Summer. The manga is great too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm reasonably entertained by this show so far, but not being familiar with the manga, I was expecting a show about a prison-based high school instead of a high school-based prison. The former seems funnier to me, but maybe I'm just splitting hairs.
Kuroko the Best Stalker

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Anime of the Season. Laughing

JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I have a pretty high tolerance for tasteless humor, and even I found parts of episode two difficult to stomach.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Prison School is trashy and unapologetically crass. I normally do not watch anime built around over the top fanservice, but this show feel fresh enough for me to want to follow weekly.

I will not really care about how bad or well written this show is and how unusual the visuals are as long as it keeps me entertained and curious.
jppcouto

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Nice show, but the manga is supreme. It's so much better than Gintama if you ask me. You have comedy, plot, fanservice, fantastic art, torture...and Comedy (again!).
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:45 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Prison School is trashy and unapologetically crass. I normally do not watch anime built around over the top fanservice, but this show feel fresh enough for me to want to follow weekly.

I will not really care about how bad or well written this show is and how unusual the visuals are as long as it keeps me entertained and curious.

Well said!
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote
The biggest issue is the visuals. It's trying so hard to emulate the look of the manga,but it just goes into the uncanny valley with it.
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:27 pm Reply with quote
The best thing about this anime is the high level of production on a trashy story, as if they have to be good at being trashy.
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:57 pm Reply with quote
Legit I sat there when the first episode aired last week I spent around Fri-Sat reading all 183 chapters and I loved every millisecond of it. It made a fan / believer of kioshi/ hana just because of it.

Oh and did I mention it just went completely balls to the wall from 1-183. It just kept escalating from one extreme to the next and now I'll sit back and see what the anime can do to top it. Very Happy
itachi06103570

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:16 am Reply with quote
Kuroko the Best Stalker wrote:

Holy piss brakes Batman I forgot about this scene hilarious as hell he completely R Kelly'd her. It was glorious. Very Happy
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:07 am Reply with quote
itachi06103570 wrote:
Kuroko the Best Stalker wrote:

Holy piss brakes Batman I forgot about this scene hilarious as hell he completely R Kelly'd her. It was glorious. Very Happy

The first person to replace Kiyoshi's face with R. Kelly's is my new hero.
anddo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:12 am Reply with quote
Do yourself a favor and read the manga. It's not "so bad it's good". It's simply good. The author takes every measure to construct a perfectly elaborate plot that always leads in the deadliest humor you could stomach. Every character is hilarious and you'll find yourself falling in love with all of them.

Kangoku Gakuen is the best manga I've read in my life.
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:19 am Reply with quote
lmao this is an absolutely ridiculous series... and im busting my gut laughing at it.
the censorship is pretty annoying but thats what you get on a broadcast version so i may just wait for an uncensored version like i did with testament of little sister devil(i think that was the name).

as for anyone who reads this i have one question for you. Choose wisely.

What do you like more, Tits or Asses?
Merida

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:05 am Reply with quote
I think this show works for me because it's so...cartoonish (for lack of a better word). If everything and everybody in this anime wasn't so incredibly stupid, i'd probably find it disturbing. But as it is, i'm having a blast. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6