• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - To loveru -Darkness 2nd

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:26 am Reply with quote
The ubiquity of the blindingly-bright, in-your-face Light Rays are what made me put this show on hold until the home-media is out. A good way to edit (read: censor) a show is by editing, viewing angles, and the like. A la Monster Musume no Iru Nichijō.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:12 am Reply with quote
Come on, Sentai, dub this. I so can see Josh Grelle as Rito and Monica Rial as either Haruna or Lala.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Come on, Sentai, dub this. I so can see Josh Grelle as Rito and Monica Rial as either Haruna or Lala.

I'm afraid its not gonna happen this time around, if ever.

if sentai wanted to dub this , they would have done it a long time ago.

unless this does really well & the series they licensed sells very well where sentai have no choice but to give it a dub version, i'm afraid that this series and its OVAs are all been casted into the sub only aisle .

and if they did issue out a dub, i really really doubt they would use the two main VA from Infinite Stratos & IS2. not only it would be blatantly obvious choice dub fans would predict for rito and haruna, it would give those sub elites to whine and groan like nobody's business if sentai decides to use the same VA for almost every single harem series they and funi have dubbed.especially when it comes to rial.

they did that during the review on IS. and considering that this series fanservice,especially the OVAs are more over the top than samurai girls and samurai bride, there is a high chance that some if not ALL of the sentai/ADV VAs might use alias for this series like they did for those two series. so its as i said, as much as myself and a lot of dubbers want to see this series dubbed, i'm afraid it way too little too late.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Hey, one reason I see Monica as either is because it was discussed in her FB group.
jr240483

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Hey, one reason I see Monica as either is because it was discussed in her FB group.

that might be the case, but the chances are slim. besides, the series have to be announced that its even getting a dub or not otherwise all the talk about if monica might voice one of those two will be for naught.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
The ubiquity of the blindingly-bright, in-your-face Light Rays are what made me put this show on hold until the home-media is out. A good way to edit (read: censor) a show is by editing, viewing angles, and the like. A la Monster Musume no Iru Nichijō.

Except the light rays can be left off for the discs, "censoring" by using different angles would mean re-animating (and would make it less obvious that you can get more by buying the discs). Also, some of the more heavy-handed censoring is put in by the broadcasters which the creators have no control over.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1