• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: MOVIC's Eternal Masterpiece Line Adds Trafalgar D. Law's Kikoku Sword

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:15 pm Reply with quote
i would pay more if they can make the 1 to 1 of the sword. this sword looks too small compare to Law's Sword.
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Is there really a need to spoil the D in Law's name here? Especially since you aren't even giving his full name, just the extra part that's spoilery
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Aaronrules380 wrote:
Is there really a need to spoil the D in Law's name here? Especially since you aren't even giving his full name, just the extra part that's spoilery

no reason, even the Japanese website doesn't use the "D" in his name.
ETX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Aaronrules380 wrote:

It's already been revealed in the manga and more recently in the anime as well, so if you have been following One Piece in either media format, then it's not really a spoiler anymore.
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
Aaronrules380 wrote:

It's already been revealed in the manga and more recently in the anime as well, so if you have been following One Piece in either media format, then it's not really a spoiler anymore.
What if someone follows the dub? Or is just catching up to the series? It's a needless spoiler on a place where there's no real need, and where it's easy to be seen accidentally
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:54 am Reply with quote
I like the white fur-lined crossguard- I think it makes the sword look as if it was infused with an aura.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:04 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
i would pay more if they can make the 1 to 1 of the sword. this sword looks too small compare to Law's Sword.

It's just a desktop or shelf replica. The total length is just 17.5 cm or just under seven inches long. A full size replica would probably be closer to $300.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MajinAkuma

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:17 am Reply with quote
Aaronrules380 wrote:
What if someone follows the dub? Or is just catching up to the series? It's a needless spoiler on a place where there's no real need, and where it's easy to be seen accidentally

Watching dub is a mistake anyway:) And someone catching up the series should know about the risks of getting spoiled by the Internet anyway.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Watching dub is a mistake anyway:) And someone catching up the series should know about the risks of getting spoiled by the Internet anyway.

Since technically all anime is dubbed (in the sense of adding sound to a picture), it would be a waste watch the Japanese version also.
Aaronrules380

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:50 am Reply with quote
MajinAkuma wrote:
Aaronrules380 wrote:

It's one thing to get spoiled by going on a forum or thread specifically talking about the series, and another to get spoiled by a headline on a more generic anime site. And this spoiler was completely unnecessary. It adds nothing and only serves to spoil people
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:07 am Reply with quote
Aaronrules380 wrote:

Considering the official Japanese product name doesn't have "D." written in it, I'm inclined to agree that it was unnecessary to include that bit of information. Doesn't detract from the article to leave it out, but adding it in could spoil those who aren't caught up on the series.

This is coming from someone who is still trying to avoid Naruto spoilers though. ^^;
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:17 pm Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
Aaronrules380 wrote:

the rule of ANN forum is they don't spoiler anything recent. If it's older than couple years yes, but not just recently. They would delete your post.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1