• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Charlotte's 7th Blu-ray/DVD to Have Unaired Episode

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Unaired episode huh? I got a funny feeling that it will contain more comedy than the TV series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Niyari

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
probably going to be an episode that takes place in between one of the earlier episodes since adding continuation to bittersweet/sad endings doesn't work at all. i wouldn't mind being wrong though.
DmonHiro

I WANT A SWIMSUIT EPISODE!
invalidname
Contributor

Stark700 wrote:
Unaired episode huh? I got a funny feeling that it will contain more comedy than the TV series.

That was certainly the case with the very-skippable Angel Beats! bonus episodes.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it'll contain an alternate ending to the series? I think Angel Beats had an episode like that, too.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:47 pm Reply with quote
No, AngelBeats only had a short 3 minute different epilogue, not a full episode.
fideldesu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Beach episode ?
Isinfier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:57 pm Reply with quote
It wasn't even an epilogue; the Angel Beats! OVA wasn't clear on whether or not it was an alternative ending or it was set before the protagonist moved on. I wouldn't be surprised if the VN contained something to that effect.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
No, AngelBeats only had a short 3 minute different epilogue, not a full episode.

The "alternate bad ending" (in comedy way) was the Angel Beats OVA.
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:00 am Reply with quote
WANNFH wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:

The "alternate bad ending" (in comedy way) was the Angel Beats OVA.

Activate THAT GUY mode…
There were 3 bonus episodes of Angel Beats! made over the years:

• "Another Epilogue" (2010?) - 5-minute sequel to the series, featuring spoiler[Otonashi as the new student council president]. Included with the Japanese DVD/Blu release. Not licensed in North America for home video or streaming.
  • "Stairway to Heaven" (2010) - Full-length bonus episode, set between episodes 4 and 5, in which Yuri tries to trick Angel into luring out God by having all members of the SSS act in a "high tension" mode. Also known as the "BAD END" episode, from that title appearing on its end credits. Included on the Japanese home video releaes. Included in Sentai's DVD/Blu and on Hulu and The Anime Network, but not on Crunchyroll.
  • "Hell's Kitchen" (2015) - Full-length bonus episode, set between episodes 2 and 3, in which another of Yuri's plans to trick Angel involves the SSS going on a camping trip and having all the members try to kill each other. Included with the 2015 re-release in Japan, apparently not (yet?) licensed in North America.
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:02 pm Reply with quote
I enjoy the more friend-ship time in "Charlotte" so it can be a fun little treat.

Hopefully it isn`t like "Angel Beat`s" episode: "Hell`s Kitchen".
It was very fun to see all those faces again however the episode was a jarring piece in sense. Quite shocking, really.

Whatever happens, will happen though.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1