• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Multi-Input mode crashing.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Philmister978

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:18 am Reply with quote
This is more of an issue with inputing staff, but why does the Multi-input mode crash after a certain amount of people are added to the list?

For example, I'm busy editing a page with next to no key animator credits (or at the least, very few). I get the first part, where it tells me which animators I can or cannot add instantly, and I make my corrections. But when I click the "Re-verify Information" button on an exceptionally long list of animators I had to either correct or completely throw on the wayside, the screen goes blank and doesn't continue on to the redone staff list, no matter how many times I refresh it.

And it's not a one off problem either. This has happened plenty of times while editing the pages for anime#1394, anime#12434 and just now, anime#2884 (there's a few others, but I can't remember them off the top of my head).

Is there a reason for it, like is it because I'm adding too many staff members at one time? Or is it a bug someone has failed to address? I'd love to know the answer sooner than later.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:19 am Reply with quote
I've noticed this problem as well. The only way I've found around it is to enter less credits at a time. I have not tested to see if there is a set amount of info that triggers the blank screen when you try to re-verify or add. If I did the latter, anything that was appropriately checked was added despite the blank screen, but I had to re-do anything that required further verification and trim out the stuff already entered. I doubt this is intentional, so maybe Dan can find out what's up and fix it if he sees this thread.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:22 am Reply with quote
It might be related to this (staff only)?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Philmister978

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
I've noticed this problem as well. The only way I've found around it is to enter less credits at a time. I have not tested to see if there is a set amount of info that triggers the blank screen when you try to re-verify or add. If I did the latter, anything that was appropriately checked was added despite the blank screen, but I had to re-do anything that required further verification and trim out the stuff already entered. I doubt this is intentional, so maybe Dan can find out what's up and fix it if he sees this thread.

I think it's 25 or thereabouts. I'm not too sure, it's normally fine with any number below that.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Around 25 for me as well. I though I was just timing out because my lap top is super slow and sometimes my internet connection is equally slow.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1