• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sword Art Online II (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Behold, my glorious waifu has arrived!

I can feel your jelly all the way from here~
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:30 pm Reply with quote
dude, get your hands off my jelly. I was saving it for later
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:14 am Reply with quote
Enh, I'm still trying to decide on exactly which Asuna figure I want to get. There are so many options. . .
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:48 pm Reply with quote
Well, you already missed your chance to get the companion piece to the Suguha I just got (Aniplex exclusive limited run).

But this one looks like a good alternative. A bit smaller in scale but the price is pretty good.

If it's something less exploitive you want, this one looks nice.

Of course if you got the scratch you might as well go for a twofer.

There's also the figmas (the ALO one just went up for pre-order) if you don't mind joints.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Well I said I'd watch the dub once Konno Yuuki appeared and at last, Episode 19 she makes her appearance.

It was announced sometime ago that Erica Mendez was going to voice her and I was quite looking forward to it, as I really enjoyed her Ryûko performance in Kill la Kill.

15 Degrees Celsius is still not cold enough to exhume visible hot breath, Asuna's mothers is still Asuna's mother and the fight scene end between Asuna and Yuuki was still as epic as I remember it. Whilst Yuuki only spoke a few lines, I thought Erica was great. Wether she can nail those real emotional scenes later on means to be seen, but so far, a big thumbs up!

Oh yeah, there's also a Yuuki figure due out in the next few months. Looks pretty good, but personally I'll wait/ hope that Good Smile release one. Also doesn't help that I pre-ordered Maria Naruse to go with Mio Naruse and then Akatsuki, but that's another story...

DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:03 pm Reply with quote
^
Interesting, the post kind of looks like the one I have for Leafa.

I don't really get much in terms of expensive figures, but I do have on my mind that I want to get a Sinon or Yuuki.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 am Reply with quote
Alex von David ‏@alexvondavid Aug 15
SAO2 dub trivia: spoiler[Last ep., no one referred to "Zekken" as a he, or a she.] Toughest job of adapting I've ever had to do. #SwordArtOnlineII

Alex von David ‏@alexvondavid Aug 15
SAO2 dub trivia: Asuna's "STAAAAAAAARE" was a blooper in the 1st season dub. Here, it was part of the show! #SwordArtOnlineII

Next time on SAOII: Eric(k)as are coming. Prepare yourselves.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:58 am Reply with quote
While I'm not THAT big of a Yuuki fan, that is such a nice-looking figure that I might be tempted if I come across it at a convention next year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:51 am Reply with quote
In anticipation of tomorrow night's airing of the final episode on Toonami, I thought I'd post this that I wrote regarding Codex Vahlda after everything that happened: For Yggdrasilly

Warning: If you cry easily, make sure you have tissues handy. And if you haven't seen Episode 24, watch it before reading that. It'll give new meaning to the episode after you read it.

[edit]Actually, I wrote something better.
Key

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:41 am Reply with quote
Just finished watching the dub of the last episode a little while ago, and I'm happy to say that the dub performances nailed the episode at least as well as the original Japanese cast did. I think I may have found it even more emotional the second time around.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:53 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
While I'm not THAT big of a Yuuki fan, that is such a nice-looking figure that I might be tempted if I come across it at a convention next year.

How could you not love Yuuki? She is such a fun, spunky, happy character. I fell in love with her pretty quickly after she appeared. Even before we learned about her tragic past.

Slightly off topic, but what is replacing SAO II on Toonami now? It is Parasyte, or is that not starting yet?
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 10:53 am Reply with quote
I don't care what anyone says about the actual plot. Cherami Leigh and Erica Mendez owned that last episode. Kaiji Tang's reactions on Twitter were also gold.

Alex von David ‏@alexvondavid 7h
This scene was difficult for @CheramiLeigh and @tsunderica to get through, emotionally. Me, too. Y'know what? WORTH IT. #SwordArtOnlineII
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:15 am Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
Slightly off topic, but what is replacing SAO II on Toonami now? It is Parasyte, or is that not starting yet?

Yes and no. Parasyte is going to be the 1am show, bumping Michiko and Hatchin back into SAOII's 1:30 spot.

Amusingly, since [adult swim] only has their schedule posted through October 4th, TV guide has an OLD lineup for October 11th: Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Soul Eater, SAO (I, not II), IGPX, Eureka 7, Big O, Fullmetal Alchemist (original, not Brotherhood), Cowboy Bebop, and an hour of Inu Yasha (original, not Final Act)
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
And the dub made me shed tears as well.

Good job, Aniplex. Anime cry

Quote:
Parasyte is going to be the 1am show, bumping Michiko and Hatchin back into SAOII's 1:30 spot.

Aw crap. Well....I've mostly had to watch M&H and SAO on On Demand anyway because an old lady such as myself can't stay up that late anymore....apparently. Rolling Eyes I can barely stay awake for Akame Ga Kill....for all that action and bloodshed, that is really saying something.
(well ok, it's because I have to work on Sundays now and I don't want to be dead tired, tbh)
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Anime Marathon Discussion (Nov. 6th, 2015 - Nov. 15th, 2015)

Spoilers Reminder for Marathon Discussion: Tag all spoilers within your post(s) and record the episode number(s) you're discussing at the top of your post.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 114 of 115