• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Itachi Shinden Spinoff Novels Get TV Anime Adaptation in Spring 2016

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:29 am Reply with quote
This is gonna be GREAT
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:34 am Reply with quote
So, will it take Shippuuden place? Does that mean that the rest of the manga is going to be animated in one season or that will continue fillers till that, than animate this, then there will be more fillers and only after that we will return to the main story?
Anyway, I'm actually intrested in watching this.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:38 am Reply with quote
B-but what about the other novels...? D:
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:00 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
So, will it take Shippuuden place? Does that mean that the rest of the manga is going to be animated in one season or that will continue fillers till that, than animate this, then there will be more fillers and only after that we will return to the main story?

I think that it will be like that. I won't be surprised if they end up animating all the other characters' LNs, as well.

Last edited by Hameyadea on Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:12 am Reply with quote
Im just curious about the number of episodes..
Tajima

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:22 am Reply with quote
I like how they skipped every other characters's Shinden just to get to Itachi's. Rolling Eyes I guess Sasuke Shinden will be next.

Then maybe they'll go back and do the others.
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:57 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:

Hopefully this would mark the end of the fillers. I haven't watched for a long time due to the fillers and pacing compared to the manga, but it'd be nice to just finish the story in one well paced season once and for all.

Honestly, I'm not too interested in this since I feel like we've seen this story before (more or less), but if it means they're finally going to wrap up...

Tajima wrote:
I like how they skipped every other characters's Shinden just to get to Itachi's. Rolling Eyes I guess Sasuke Shinden will be next.

The other side stories take place after the manga though, right? They'll probably be animated after the anime finishes the main story.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:43 am Reply with quote
I wonder if anyone's floated the idea of animating Kenji Taira's SD Sasuke manga? In light of how awesome Naruto SD was, I'd definitely be up for more.
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:15 am Reply with quote
I remember when I used to love Naruto and Itachi was one of my favorite characters. I'll watch this just because it's him.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
I predict this is another filler arc of the Shippuden anime... damn it, just finish the show already -_-
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
From how the announcement was worded, this sounds like a standalone series. Since it's only two volumes long, I can't imagine this being more than a single cour.

Last Jump Festa they actually announced the next Shippuden filler arc, which doesn't seem to be how this project was announced.

Adapting the various light novels and one-shots might be Pierrot's solution to their "What do we do after we end Shippuden?" problem. Which is a great idea to me, since a number of those probably won't see an English release for a very long time, if at all.

Ambimunch wrote:
I predict this is another filler arc of the Shippuden anime... damn it, just finish the show already -_-

But even if it is incorporated into Shippuden, would it really be filler if it's adapted from a canon light novel?
Sahmbahdeh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually kind of curious about this. As done as I am with Naruto at this point, I'll probably give it a try anyway, considering that Itachi is one of my favorite characters from the series. I wonder how many episodes it will be, though. I think a single cour spinoff would be fairly interesting for a long-running show like Naruto, whether it runs concurrently with the main series or not. Now that I think about it, I'd be interested to see long-running shonen series try something like that in general.
AutoOps007

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:54 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:

Well the title is 'Naruto Shippūden: The True Legend of Itachi Volume ~Light and Darkness~'. So it will just be another story arc that's apart of Shippuden. Since it's starting in Spring, imo the war will most likely still be ongoing, so I think this arc will be another flashback that is shoehorned in the middle of the war.

mewpudding101 wrote:
B-but what about the other novels...? D:

Tajima wrote:

All the other light novels take place after the war. So far, this light novel is the only one that takes place before the series. I'm sure the others will all get adapted when the anime reaches that point.

JaggedAuthor wrote:
I wonder if anyone's floated the idea of animating Kenji Taira's SD Sasuke manga? In light of how awesome Naruto SD was, I'd definitely be up for more.

Well the Naruto SD Rock Lee anime was kinda a special case imo. The Naruto SD anime was made to replace Bleach's timeslot after it had ended, in an effort to boost rankings. I think they've already given up on that by now. Besides, the Sasuke manga isn't as popular as the Rock Lee one (mainly because comedy and Sasuke don't work well together). However in saying that, Shueisha and Pierrot is milking the franchise like crazy, so i wouldn't put it pass them.
russ869

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:24 pm Reply with quote
The retcon of Itachi's true motivations was the last nail in the coffin that ruined Naruto for me. So I probably won't want to watch this unless it is unusually well animated or directed.
Animorphimagi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:07 am Reply with quote
I WISH this was just part of the Naruto fillers. The degree to how offensive these fillers are can't even be described. I'm sure there's enough official side stories that could have been told instead such as this Itachi series. I'm certainly excited considering Itachi is easily my favorite character in the whole series. I just hope the animation quality is a step above the typical Naruto series average.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1