• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mx0 : an almost awesome manga and an effort to bring it back

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Minnanoginsan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Mx0. Okay, you are a manga reader or an anime lover or both. And you might happen to be a human like me who happens to spend his time in front of a tablet/ computer searching for a new manga to read on bakaupdates, trying different tags on action and shonen genre with a lot of fantasy and comedy involved. Then there are chances that you have came across this manga "MxO ". If you have not, no problem, you now have a manga that you can read or at least bookmark for the future. But why should you do that?

Mx0 or Mue X Zero is a or was a shounen manga by mangaka Kanu Yasuhiro serialized on Jump comics from May 1 2006 till May 19 2008. It is about a boy named Taiza Kuzumi, who, due to a continuous fall of misfortune and misunderstanding, has to study in a school teaching magic and students full of different abilities where he is the odd one with Zero Magic ability. Being established as the highest ranking magic user among the students after various misunderstandings, when he accidentally defeat one of the most powerful teacher in school, he now has to keep up with the position of being powerful or get his memory of the magical school wiped. This is the journey of the magicless shounen, who now as a member of Magic Executive Committee (whose primary task is to maintain the discipline in school- lots of action) has to survive against the students, the wrongdoers, exams and many more, everything involving magic. With a strong-will nature and never back down personality (a typical of a shounen main character), an awesome fighting skill, quick thinking and some bluffs, we see how the character develops in a fascinating way.

But I would not be talking about this manga, if the circumstances were such that it has already ended despite huge love for the series ( at least that’s what the reviews on bakaupdates and myanimelist shows) or it had to be axed due to its unpopularity in Japan even though the story was getting lot more interesting with whole new characters being introduced and expanding upon an already awesome story with huge potentials. Either way, it remained as one of my favorite manga having read it multiple times. The rushed ending that you can feel towards the end chapters, the questions of Why?, positive reviews and multiple forums asking the same question as myself and a bigger community of manga and/or anime lovers, made me think maybe it is not too late. Or maybe it is the right time to bring this manga to the world to read and have a second thought at it again. When many light novels and recent (yet to be discovered) mangas are being adapted into animes, one shot on Mx0 could prove successful and regain its continuation on story which I think it should.

In the end it is an opinion and an effort to bring back the series which I still believe is one of the most fun manga which speaks volume of friendship, Effort and Victory in the most brilliant way.

What do you think? This current consumer oriented society where the hype can change the momentum of anything, can this series be hyped again ( in case you think it is worthy of attention) and revived?
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Minnanoginsan--

You wrote (in part):
Quote:
[C]an this series be hyped again [...] and revived?

I am ruling this as speculation, and am therefore locking this thread.

EDIT: Am unlocking the thread to see what the OP does in response to my criticism.

EDIT #2: It's been 12+ hours since I unlocked this thread; so I'm relocking.

EDIT#3: After PMing with Minnanoginsan, I've been persuaded to unlock it again to see exactly what that user does with that opportunity.

EDIT #4: Locking for the last time.

Last edited by nobahn on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:00 pm Reply with quote
Minnanoginsan wrote:
Quote:

What do you think? This current consumer oriented society where the hype can change the momentum of anything, can this series be hyped again ( in case you think it is worthy of attention) and revived?

I would say that there is no chance at all. This series is not shown as licensed in the US. Therefore the chance of getting any serious fan following here is nil. Anyone who does like the series has to explain how they are reading it. Further, any fandom in this country will have little or no effect on the Japanese publisher.

The series was cancelled by the Japanese publisher over seven years ago due to lack of reader interest. If it was going to transfer to another magazine it would have done so long ago. It doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being revived.

Sorry to have to tell you this.
Brent Allison

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:12 pm Reply with quote
This is why doujinshi exists; for dedicated manga fans to realize otherwise impossible narrative dreams crushed by the current political economy. If you get a doujin made that answers those "why" questions, drop us a note. I'd read it.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1