• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Scared Rider Xechs Game for Female Players Gets Summer TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:21 am Reply with quote
First time I've heard of this series before but the premise sounds somewhat cool. And Summer too....not too far away.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:39 am Reply with quote
It's Takashi Kondo, not Takeshi Kondo (and thus, article also gives a wrong link)
person#14925
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:14 am Reply with quote
Aww, skinny bishounen again. Oh well. I hope it doesn't end as a repeat of AkaYona but being an otome game to begin with I'm not going to set the bar too high.
iamtooawesome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:24 am Reply with quote
Dance with the Devil was slightly ok, Diabolik Lovers was lol good animation though, and now this... I dunno Rejet I think Black Wolves Saga would give a better justice than this one(IMO).

This is like Bandai all over again I was pissed when they chose to ignore Idolish7 and some random Idol-bandai game gets an anime adaptation. Anyway too many online-otomeish-game turns into anime this year, Im excited for Touken Ranbu praise DmmD for announcing 2 TKRB anime projects, TouranBu now gets the Kancolle treatmentXD(I guess?)

UtaPri S4 is on the way and many more, But Im just glad that there are more animes for girls, it's kinda weird that female Japanese spends more on buying kpop merchs and concert tickets than buying anime stuffs.
Sakura-Alchemist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:38 pm Reply with quote
iamtooawesome wrote:
Dance with the Devil was slightly ok, Diabolik Lovers was lol good animation though, and now this... I dunno Rejet I think Black Wolves Saga would give a better justice than this one(IMO).

As much as I would like a Black Wolves Saga, I haven't heard really ever heard anything bad about Sacred Rider Xechs~ I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. I always meant to play it so I'm looking forward to the anime.

Hmm when I think about a Black Wolves Saga anime I want it but... one route took me 30-50 hours to play through, so cut that down to maybe 20 for a native reader? I just don't know how they would fit it into a 12 episode anime unless they only did the first half of one of the games and left it open ended. And It's also like which version would they do? Bloody Nightmare or Last hope both start differently.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
Oh yeah baby! Summer is shaping up to be awesome! It's an otome game, great cast, plus it's not from Otomate! Rejet does better when it comes to otome anime.

iamtooawesome wrote:

This is like Bandai all over again I was pissed when they chose to ignore Idolish7 and some random Idol-bandai game gets an anime adaptation.

Not about the this otome anime, but I'm still waiting for that Idolish7 anime. Anime cry
Fenrin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:58 pm Reply with quote
there's another typo in the names, it's Hijiri 'Mutsuki'
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm interested in this for the chance that the aliens attack again.

So the band is called "Odd-I's". No pendulums?

There's a lot of references I want to make, but I'll mention the hot topic this week. Noctis and Ignis in a band together.

Obligatory....RIKIYA!!!!!
ice_tea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:49 am Reply with quote
As far as I remember, there are already two others otome game anime this summer (the idol group ones). Here's another one! Good job with those, as well as all those female-oriented anime shows we get this year. Very Happy
manapear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:56 am Reply with quote
I remember this being a pretty cool game (and for me, really brought me into Rejet alongside another title), but why now all of a sudden??

On top of that, Satelight makes me side-eye at times. As much as I have liked some of their work, they are so pander-y to (straight) males, can they handle an otome adaption? lol
(I loved Mouretsu though, and I would have loved a good adaption of Shugo Chara that wasn't overly drawn out and unnecessary.)
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:49 am Reply with quote
Very Happy Why's it "for female players"?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
manapear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:02 pm Reply with quote
YotaruVegeta wrote:
Very Happy Why's it "for female players"?

"Targeted" at female players. I do wonder how large the market is of VNs for geikomi stuff though?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1