• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Street Fighter V Game Posts Ibuki Reveal Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hominidrive

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:22 am Reply with quote
So let's take one of the only female characters in the franchise who used to have their own formal outfit which made sense on context, and replace it with a fugly and sexist schoolgirl suit. Rolling Eyes Thanks, Capcom.
Fadeout4

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 10:35 am Reply with quote
Hominidrive wrote:
So let's take one of the only female characters in the franchise who used to have their own formal outfit which made sense on context, and replace it with a fugly and sexist schoolgirl suit. Rolling Eyes Thanks, Capcom.

You think Ibuki's outfit is sexist compared to Mika and Laura? Besides, you could almost see her crotch with those thigh holes in the traditional outfit, lol.

Besides, she IS a schoolgirl. She goes to a ninja school. In SF3, she's a full-fledged ninja, and in SF4, she snuck out during training while she was wearing her ninja outfit. It kinda makes sense that normally she'd be wearing an outfit like this.
kondeelai

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:50 am Reply with quote
Hominidrive wrote:

Someone actually finds complaint in her costume? Seriously?

She goes to high school and is probably classmates with Sakura and Makoto. This was already established. Like the previous poster suggested, her school girl outfit is probably the least sexist thing on there.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 12:13 pm Reply with quote
For what it's worth none of the outfits be it Ibuki's, R.Mika's, or Laura's are sexist. Fanservice prominent in certain respects yes but not sexist.

Fadeout4 wrote:

Besides, she IS a schoolgirl. She goes to a ninja school. In SF3, she's a full-fledged ninja, and in SF4, she snuck out during training while she was wearing her ninja outfit. It kinda makes sense that normally she'd be wearing an outfit like this.

Minus the shinguards, armguards, and mask that completely clash with the uniform.
nhat

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Hominidrive wrote:

You know there's an alternate costume if you don't like that style...
ParaChomp

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:11 pm Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
Hominidrive wrote:

Just because it's there doesn't mean you can ignore it.

An odd choice but makes sense considering her age. To top it off, Sakura also wears a school uniform. I don't think it blends well with her complex fighting style.
NearEasternerJ1

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Hominidrive wrote:

Yeah, the controls suck, the gameplay is bland, characters only have one super, but no. A motherfucking costume is what bothers you. I don't even.........
nhat

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:33 pm Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
nhat wrote:
Hominidrive wrote:

Just because it's there doesn't mean you can ignore it.

An odd choice but makes sense considering her age. To top it off, Sakura also wears a school uniform. I don't think it blends well with her complex fighting style.

It's an option, one person yelling loud enough doesn't represent the majority as most don't care, they care about the character and how she fights.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Ibuki seems a bit odd with her school outfit, but it fits her. At least there's always her old ninja outfit, assuming that it's available and readily accessible.
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 11:56 pm Reply with quote
It's nice to hear people complaining about her outfit and not her face like everyone else on Eventhubs. Seriously, it's fine. Be grateful that it isn't Ken's face beneath that mask.

Her gameplay is quite cool. I really like how fast she moves in those combos. I don't think I'd be able to play her at all if I had SFV but she seems rad. Now, I wait for Juri. Smile
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:21 am Reply with quote
I wonder if at least one of Ibuki's outfits reveals her face... Wink
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
I wonder if at least one of Ibuki's outfits reveals her face... Wink

I somewhat doubt that. I would think that she has round win poses that have her taking off the mask like in SFIV so maybe not. Then again, outfits with an uncovered face could be a thing unofficially. Ever seen those costume mods for the PC version? Cammy has a Spider-Gwen costume! It's super sick!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1