• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Limited Updates [2016-06-01]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:42 am Reply with quote
you know what, i was surprised that there was no mention of the deal between Anime LTD and FUNimation at MCM after all Anime LTD are authoring and distributing a lot of FUNi's titles in the UK under the FUNimation label such as Fairy Tail

i would have thought that would have been the perfect time to announce the FUNimation releases too
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:28 am Reply with quote
Funimation will be doing the authoring.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Now all we need is Kaiba and Masaaki Yuasa's 3 biggest works are all available. Never thought we'd get more than 1 of his works here. Thank you for Tatami Galaxy Anime ltd!
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Funimation will be doing the authoring.
That is a shame, I think they are the only UK publisher who does their own authoring. It is better then these releases which are basically the NA or AUS release with a different region code and their logo stamped on top.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:14 am Reply with quote
They've used masters from Funimation (and others) where they exist for a few titles so far; they only commission their own master via Justin when there is a good reason to. Since these are being distributed for Funimation, not sub-licensed, it will definitely be Funimation authoring them. The ideal scenario in fact, would be to get a BBFC cert as soon as possible so they can print it on their discs and ship a batch over (I don't know if they are going to try this).

PS: Andy Hanley mentioned on the last UKA podcast that he talked at length about the Funimation deal in an interview with Andrew that will be up on their site soon.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:32 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
Andy Hanley mentioned on the last UKA podcast that he talked at length about the Funimation deal in an interview with Andrew that will be up on their site soon.

great i'll keep an eye out for that one
RHorsman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Every time they post one of these updates and Samurai Flamenco part 2 isn't there I get a little more nervous (though they had mentioned on the podcast that it's being worked on, so not THAT nervous).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1